The Student Room Group

Smoking in the school toilets

Have you ever smoked in the school toilets while in high school sneaking so no one sees you and been caught, had a funny or terrible memmory?
I've always despised those sorts of people. So no.
Reply 2
At ours you couldn't do that as their were smoking alarms in the toilets that would beep loudly and say please put out your cigarette immediately and it would alert reception so staff straight away would rush to the toilets to catch you.
Original post by iJess
At ours you couldn't do that as their were smoking alarms in the toilets that would beep loudly and say please put out your cigarette immediately and it would alert reception so staff straight away would rush to the toilets to catch you.

Sounds moderately Orwellian.
Reply 4
I once smoked some paper while using a bunsen burner in science (true story).
I've never smoked in my life, and me and my friend were sitting in the toilets in the Science block, because it was raining and we didn't want to be with all the idiots in the mail hall. Anyway, a Science teacher walked in, started sniffing and looking at us, and he saw I was holding something, so he came over right in my face and was like "Give. Me. The. Fags"... Safe to say he was a bit shocked when he discovered it was a ****ing special K bar
Reply 6
Original post by GarethEvans
Sounds moderately Orwellian.

I didn't actually smoke myself but have been in toilets during lesson time when there's been people who skived their lessons trying to smoke in there. Pretty annoying as sometimes the hand dryers would set them off.
Reply 7
Original post by iJess

Ahahaha, your school must've sucked.
Well I don't smoke so No
Reply 9
Original post by UKBrah
I once smoked some paper while using a bunsen burner in science (true story).

Haha I've done that too. The same lesson I was blackening our yellow books using the smoke from a burning splint to give them the 'chemistry effect'. Was a very stupid thing to do and I was rightfully expelled from that class.
Reply 10
Original post by tehforum
Ahahaha, your school must've sucked.

Yep we had a seclusion room where they played classical music all the time because it was meant to 'relax' pupils. I got put in there for a week for having my nose pierced haha
Reply 11
Original post by uttamo
Haha I've done that too. The same lesson I was blackening our yellow books using the smoke from a burning splint to give them the 'chemistry effect'. Was a very stupid thing to do and I was rightfully expelled from that class.

ROFL, I got kicked out of the class aswell haha. Someone thought it was an actual spliff the way it way rolled :cool:
Reply 12
No, people were allowed to smoke outside the main entrance so there was no need for hiding.
Reply 13
Original post by UKBrah
ROFL, I got kicked out of the class aswell haha. Someone thought it was an actual spliff the way it way rolled :cool:

Haha that must've been hilarious. Some people are so gullible.
Original post by iJess
Yep we had a seclusion room where they played classical music all the time because it was meant to 'relax' pupils. I got put in there for a week for having my nose pierced haha

Were there bright lights? Were you taken there by a man known only as O'Brien? Were there distant screams echoing from the rooms within?
Reply 15
Original post by Melisas
Have you ever smoked in the school toilets while in high school sneaking so no one sees you and been caught, had a funny or terrible memmory?
Oh boy..do you have any idea how many friends i made there ? lol

Quick Reply