The Student Room Group

Girl, 14 raped by two men on bus in UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssxx
I do agree with you about the gender bias towards women.

But I feel a sense where people in the west like to point to other countries problems in order to feel a sense of moral superiority. It is a way to mask their own problems.

Equality does not mean women have to do everything men do.

don't confuse equality with practicality.

In a middle class Indian family, girls are pushed in to university education in India. they enjoy a better life than Indian boys from a lower cast.

But in a poor family in a village in India, where resources are limited it makes better practical sense to educate the boy over the girl. It is not done because girls are 2nd class but due to practicality.

In the Indian parliament they passed a law where 40% of new MP has to be women, which I find stupid and sexist. but one can argue they are well ahead of the UK in gender balance.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make now, You're seemingly throwing facts at me in a failing attempt to convey your understanding of the subject.

why is it more practical to educate the male in the lower class family? Is it because he has a better chance at getting a job in the Indian society? If so then you've just destroyed your entire point that Indian society is more equalist than the British one.

Making a 40% gender "balance" in parliament a law is an insanely stupid idea. All you will end up with then is people who are not right for the role thrust into it in order to make up the gender difference.

The reason that UK politics is so male dominated is not at all because it is easier for men to apply ect ect, it is simply because there are far far more men interested in and taking a note of politics. It is just as easy for a woman who is equally qualified and equally as interested as her male counterpart to enter the political system (now a days).

"Equality does not mean women have to do everything men do.

don't confuse equality with practicality."

I'm not confusing equality with practicality, they are two different things. Treating a person with equality means you treat someone as equal in status ,rights and opportunity...
OPPORTUNITY to do something, not that they have the right to do everything I do... just that they have the OPPORTUNITY to try.
If it is more practical that I do something over someone else that's fine and I SHOULD do the job... as long as they've had the same OPPORTUNITY to prove their ability.
Reply 41
Original post by DorianGrayism
I didn't march for anyone so ......no.

A women got murdered in India. You are comparing the murder of rape a woman in India to the rape of a girl here.

If you were actually serious, then you would have started a thread on how India just rejected martial rape laws or just on how a girl got raped here or etc

Instead, you did neither and decided turn a murder and a rape into a pissing contest about who is better.

If you weren't so blind you would see the double stands I was trying to highlight.

It is about the west pointing the finger at other nationals to feel morally.
superior.

If you had any reasoning skills you would understand, out of 1.2 billion people, and lack of resources, the Indian rape story was overblown in the west. It was taken way out of context.

Given the resources in this country, the fact a child gets raped on a bus in the UK is more shocking!
Original post by Bezaberry
Why the **** didn't the bus driver keep the suspected rapists locked on the bus and ring the police?! Why did he let them off?!

Because in our stupid society the bus driver probably would have been sued/convicted of assault for manhandling them back onto the bus and then kidnapping or keeping them against their will, because although they just raped a child...*sarcastic tone* you can't disobey their human rights...
Original post by ssxx
If you weren't so blind you would see the double stands I was trying to highlight.

superior.

If you had any reasoning skills you would understand, out of 1.2 billion people, and lack of resources, the Indian rape story was overblown in the west. It was taken way out of context.

Given the resources in this country, the fact a child gets raped on a bus in the UK is more shocking!

Firstly, the west doesn't point any finger. It is not a person.

The only person trying to talking about moral superiority is you. No one else is trying to make the UK seem better than India or vice versa.

It wasn't overblown.

A women got raped for hours, beaten and had her intestines ripped out and then left for dead. There is no other context that needs to be known.

As I said before, the fact that you want to turn this into a competition is disgusting.

Also, when you are say you are done with me make sure you mean it.
Reply 44
Original post by WaceMindu
I have no idea what point you are trying to make now, You're seemingly throwing facts at me in a failing attempt to convey your understanding of the subject.

why is it more practical to educate the male in the lower class family? Is it because he has a better chance at getting a job in the Indian society? If so then you've just destroyed your entire point that Indian society is more equalist than the British one.

Why you ask? It all down to evolution.
With limited resources, it is more practical that a man goes out and gets a job and the woman stays at home and brings up the children.
Men's brains are not hard wired to stay at home and bring up kids, Men are more go getters and inventors and think outside of the box.
Reply 45
Original post by DorianGrayism
Firstly, the west doesn't point any finger. It is not a person.

The only person trying to talking about moral superiority is you. No one else is trying to make the UK seem better than India or vice versa.

It wasn't overblown.

A women got raped for hours, beaten and had her intestines ripped out and then left for dead. There is no other context that needs to be known.

As I said before, the fact that you want to turn this into a competition is disgusting.

Also, when you are say you are done with me make sure you mean it.

Sir, you are a naive fool:smile:
The safety and security of our staff and passengers is our number one priority

Yet there is no CCTV and a girl just got raped with apparent ease.

I would hate to see how they handle their lower priorities.
Original post by ssxx
Men's brains are not hard wired to stay at home and bring up kids, Men are more go getters and inventors and think outside of the box.

Original post by ssxx
Sir, you are a naive fool:smile:

The irony is so strong it's hurting my eyes.
Original post by ssxx

superior.

I think I understand what you're getting at now... and it's the stupidest argument in the world...

You can do that for literally anything
"Oh the British are alienating horses because they blew that whole horse meat thing out of proportion"

"Oh the British are point the finger and making north Korea look bad because of that whole 'nuclear bomb' thing"

"Oh the British are being mean to KFC because they kept reporting all about that liver in the bucket charade"

I think your problem (and I'm guessing and might be wrong) is that because you're from Indian decent or have friends who are Indian that you feel persecuted. If this story were in China or Russia then you probably wouldn't care.

Truth is, the media only reported it because it was causing a ruckus in their political system concerning their women's rights which are worse comparatively to the west's (they are... don't try and deny it).
It wasn't to make India look bad, it wasn't to persecute 1.2 billion people... it was just because that's what was happening. It will probably happen again in Iraq, or The Emirates or somewhere when they decide it's time for equality.
Original post by ssxx
It shows the state of British parenting these days.

How do you know they are British?
Because in our stupid society the bus driver probably would have been sued/convicted of assault for manhandling them back onto the bus and then kidnapping or keeping them against their will, because although they just raped a child...*sarcastic tone* you can't disobey their human rights...

Unfortunately you are probably correct.
Original post by 2ndClass
Glasgow is so rough

That's not fair.
A girl got stabbed to death on a bus in Birmingham not long ago.
A girl got mauled to death by a pack of dogs just outside Manchester.

Stuff like this happens in every major city.
Glasgow by and large is a lovely place to live.
Western civilisation and their attitude towards women needs to change.
Reply 53
Is it really that unusual for a 14 year old to be out of the house at 10:30pm, guys? I wouldn't have thought so.
Original post by ssxx
Why you ask? It all down to evolution.
With limited resources, it is more practical that a man goes out and gets a job and the woman stays at home and brings up the children.

... I... I'm actually dumbfound at the idiocy of that comment.

By that logic, what's the point in all this equality ****, lets take back the vote, shove women back in the kitchen because after all they're only good for cooking, and then us Men can run things... Ahhhhhh ****ING SOCIETY

Men are not biologically programmed to be "go-getters". The fact you would try to bring evolutionary biology/psychology into this shows what a ****ing moron you really are.
The only biological/ evolutionary advantage a man has over a woman is better spatial awareness and better natural strength... Now unless you thing all work places involve wrestling lions and throwing spears there is absolutely no reason why a man is better equipped to work in the modern day office. If anything a woman is better because they are better multi-taskers.

I know what you're trying to say, men are naturally more competitive because of their high testosterone levels but that doesn't make them better at every job there is...

Your views on the world are idiotic and dated and have no place in modern society.
Reply 55
Original post by Popppppy
That's not fair.
A girl got stabbed to death on a bus in Birmingham not long ago.
A girl got mauled to death by a pack of dogs just outside Manchester.

Stuff like this happens in every major city.
Glasgow by and large is a lovely place to live.

Are you out of your mind?

http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/glasgow-news/news/2012/11/21/glasgow-judged-worst-scottish-city-in-new-growth-report-102692-23941728/

Glasgweians are walking begbie (from trainspotting) stereotypes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
... I... I'm actually dumbfound at the idiocy of that comment.

By that logic, what's the point in all this equality ****, lets take back the vote, shove women back in the kitchen because after all they're only good for cooking, and then us Men can run things... Ahhhhhh ****ING SOCIETY

Men are not biologically programmed to be "go-getters". The fact you would try to bring evolutionary biology/psychology into this shows what a ****ing moron you really are.
The only biological/ evolutionary advantage a man has over a woman is better spatial awareness and better natural strength... Now unless you thing all work places involve wrestling lions and throwing spears there is absolutely no reason why a man is better equipped to work in the modern day office. If anything a woman is better because they are better multi-taskers.

I know what you're trying to say, men are naturally more competitive because of their high testosterone levels but that doesn't make them better at every job there is...

Your views on the world are idiotic and dated and have no place in modern society.

The fact that you let political correctness come in the way of facts means I am ending this debate with you.
Original post by ssxx

You see harassment every day from work men wolf whistling at women on their way to work.

Yeah, in the 1940's. Nobody wolf whistles anymore.
Original post by ssxx
The fact that you let political correctness come in the way of facts means I am ending this debate with you.

I'm sorry... what political correctness? The fact that you're one of the most bigoted sons of bitches under the sun?

Ok, let's talk cold hard facts then shall we? What purely scientific reasoning do you have that a woman is less suited for a work in today's modern society?

EDIT:

Also I think you calling this a "debate" is a bit insulting, I see it more of an intellectual whipping.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by Banny Dyrne
Yeah, in the 1940's. Nobody wolf whistles anymore.

It happens everyday in the UK
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019762/Wolf-whistling-workmen-face-sack-intimidated-distraught-woman.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending