The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation!

Hi everyone!
I've accepted sheffield Hallam as my firm choice and hopefully will be attending in September!
Just wondering where people are applying to and if anyone has applied for trigon or Victoria hall?
I'm studying journalism by the way :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by EmilyFitzgibbons
Hi everyone!
I've accepted sheffield Hallam as my firm choice and hopefully will be attending in September!
Just wondering where people are applying to and if anyone has applied for trigon or Victoria hall?

Victoria Halls is my first choice, and im studying accounting and finance :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Ben_26
Victoria Halls is my first choice, and im studying accounting and finance :smile:

Oh good!
Wow that's a clever course haha!
Hey, I have hallam as my firm too :smile: Hopefully doing Events Management :smile:

I applied for the forge first and trigon as my second choice :smile:
Original post by frannnn_x
Hey, I have hallam as my firm too :smile: Hopefully doing Events Management :smile:

I applied for the forge first and trigon as my second choice :smile:

Trigon is second too! I didn't know whether to put opal 1 as it but I know people who live there and say its full of international students who don't speak to you :frown: haha.
I was going to apply for events management before journalism! I think it's in the same place as mine for some things
Reply 5
I think i am going to apply for Victoria halls, then unsure whether to put The forge or Trigon! Which one has the better social scene, or is closer to the nightlife?
Trigon is second too! I didn't know whether to put opal 1 as it but I know people who live there and say its full of international students who don't speak to you :frown: haha.
I was going to apply for events management before journalism! I think it's in the same place as mine for some things

Aww no! Hopefully Trigon or Forge isn't like that! Least you know though like from friends that its full of international students who don't speak to you! Haha there are plenty of other nice accommodation places :smile:

Really? :smile: Events Management seems to be a really popular course!
Original post by CalumHowell
I think i am going to apply for Victoria halls, then unsure whether to put The forge or Trigon! Which one has the better social scene, or is closer to the nightlife?

I think the forge is really out of the way, I know Victoria Hall is right next to all clubs and stuff!
Reply 8
Hi everyone!

Im applying to Victoria halls as my first option and then the forge as my second, I'm studying criminology!
Original post by Oliviahorn
Im applying to Victoria halls as my first option and then the forge as my second, I'm studying criminology!

I hope some of you are in Victoria Hall then, I hope I get in haha!
I think the forge is really out of the way, I know Victoria Hall is right next to all clubs and stuff!

Think i am going to go for Victoria and Devonshire court, or whatever its called! thanks for that :smile: What are you going for?
Think i am going to go for Victoria and Devonshire court, or whatever its called! thanks for that :smile: What are you going for?

Victoria Hall and then the Trigon!
Victoria Hall and then the Trigon!

What is the trigon like? I was unsure about it when I looked!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the trigon like? I was unsure about it when I looked!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its right in the city centre but I've changed my second choice to opal 1 now as it's nearer night life and shops and stuff, I've been told the trigons a bit out of the way, not by much though!
Its right in the city centre but I've changed my second choice to opal 1 now as it's nearer night life and shops and stuff, I've been told the trigons a bit out of the way, not by much though!

Ahh ok, i think i might go for Devonshire court, i heard there isnt the scene in Opal, i heard it is full of international students!
Ahh ok, i think i might go for Devonshire court, i heard there isnt the scene in Opal, i heard it is full of international students!

I heard that too but I didn't know what else to put so I just put it haha! I think most of the time you don't even get put in your top two choices anyway :frown:
I heard that too but I didn't know what else to put so I just put it haha! I think most of the time you don't even get put in your top two choices anyway :frown:

Really you don't normally get your top 2 choices?! :frown: what! :frown: I don't want anywhere else other than my to 2 :frown:
Reply 17
Has anyone applied to charlotte court or bramall court or know anything about them?
Reply 18
Original post by frannnn_x
Really you don't normally get your top 2 choices?! :frown: what! :frown: I don't want anywhere else other than my to 2 :frown:

I know people who haven't got either of their 2 choices for Hallam in the past, they'll try to put you in another accom that's similar eg price, ensuite.
If you don't like that accommodation though you don't have to stay there, you can apply direct and go private with unite property's, I think you can for opal ones as well.
I'm worried I'm not gonna get either of my choices, that's why I avoided putting Victoria Halls. But we've applied early and I think the earlier you apply and if Hallam is your firm or insurance also can affect what you get :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma-
I know people who haven't got either of their 2 choices for Hallam in the past, they'll try to put you in another accom that's similar eg price, ensuite.
If you don't like that accommodation though you don't have to stay there, you can apply direct and go private with unite property's, I think you can for opal ones as well.
I'm worried I'm not gonna get either of my choices, that's why I avoided putting Victoria Halls. But we've applied early and I think the earlier you apply and if Hallam is your firm or insurance also can affect what you get :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh :frown: don't want to get somewhere like horrible but does have an en-suite! Have to see though! Oohh thats alright! If that did happen I'd have to see what the property's are like! But I'm from Sheffield anyway and wanted to move out so I suppose if I did get somewhere I didn't like I could always just stay at home and travel in everyday :smile:

Oh yeah, that's what I thought it is quite early so hopefully we should be okay! And hallam is my firm too so fingers crossed! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending