The Student Room Group

University students, what do you wish you could have told yourself during A levels?

Current A level student, curious to see what answers/advice you all have :smile:
Reply 1
That all the hard work would be worth it in the end :yep:
Original post by Kateislate
Current A level student, curious to see what answers/advice you all have :smile:

Do the work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Choose a better uni subject! and for that matter, go to uni in a better city!
Work harder. Do more past papers. Don't take law at uni. Don't choose an insurance uni which doesn't give you halls if it's insurance choice.
Original post by infairverona
Work harder. Do more past papers. Don't take law at uni. Don't choose an insurance uni which doesn't give you halls if it's insurance choice.

Which Uni was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeneralStudent95
Which Uni was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton. They do offer halls for insurance people but I never received the pack I was supposed to so I didn't apply for them in advance. Apparently a lot of other people also didn't receive the accommodation pack when they had put Southampton as insurance also. They ended up with loads of rooms empty even though I rang about 5 times asking and they said they were full. My boyfriend got into Bournemouth through Clearing and got halls for heaven's sake.
Reply 7
Take a gap year and dont rush into uni .
Reply 8
I'm on my gap right now, before uni, but my advice to myself would be to work harder and don't do as much voluntary work. Even if at the end of the day I got in because of the KIND of work I did, it would have been nice to have more choice considering the grades I wound up with.
Reply 9
University students, what do you wish you could have told yourself during A level?

"surely university isn't harder than this!?!, Ohhhop! yes it is!"
Reply 10
Original post by Antifazian
Choose a better uni subject! and for that matter, go to uni in a better city!

What city are you at?
What city are you at?

Durham
Reply 12
Durham

I see. I'm hoping to go next door to you in Newcastle. Hopefully more fun!
I see. I'm hoping to go next door to you in Newcastle. Hopefully more fun!

Newcastle is brilliant!

I'm actually moving to live in Newcastle for my final year and commute in to Durham because I love it so much haha
Reply 14
Newcastle is brilliant!

I'm actually moving to live in Newcastle for my final year and commute in to Durham because I love it so much haha

Ah that's good to hear! Can't wait to live there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest