The Student Room Group

How much is short hair on a girl a deal breaker?

Ok so how much does having short hair really reduce attractiveness or ruin a girls chances of getting a man? I mean many men like long hair but is hair style an extreme preference as in its one of the deciding factors or is just a slight preference?

If a girl with short hair aproached you would you feel you were out of her league?

Heres the type of short that im talking about, actually post a pic of the kind of short hair you might find attractive...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends what kind obviously, some short haired people are incredibly attractive, though I'm not particularly attracted to the image you link, and no why would it be any different from a long haired girl approaching me
Reply 2
The hair you have given as an example looks far too similar to that of an emoish male, so a huge turn off and confusion of what I'm likely to expect in the lower regions.

Short hair can be very feminine and even prefered, it just needs the right lass to model it, not all can pull it off.
(edited 11 years ago)
Depends, hair length (or rather hair in general) would only be one factor of many.
I wouldn't base anything off hair alone but I do generally prefer long hair on girls.
Reply 4
It really depends on the girl. Some girls can pull of a short haired looked well while others cannot. I find short hair on girls to be sexy most of the time as long as it's at least a couple inches long.
Reply 5
Length of hair is irrelevant.
Reply 6
I've never felt that having short hair has affected my success with men, it was always other factors such as shyness. Now that I'm getting past being shy, guys are interested so in my experience short hair hasn't been too much of an issue (though there will be guys who don't like it, everybody has preferences)
how it a deal breaker?

the length of her hair would make no difference to her natural beauty.
Short hair can look fantastic on the right girl.
Reply 9
"Dealbreaker" is probably the wrong word. A dealbreaker is usually something you find out about a person, or something they do or say when you are already dating, which makes you cut it off or at least not go for a relationship.

It is not as if a man would on principle disagree to be in a relationship with a girl with short hair. It just makes you less attractive overall, which means men are less likely to find you attractive (or gorgeous), even if they aren't aware of your hair being the reason. Depending on his options, he will be less likely to approach.

There are women who can "pull off" short hair, but that doesn't mean they should have short hair. Most likely they are generally attractive, and they are attractive in spite of their hairstyle, not because of it. They would look better and more feminine if they grew it out, and obviously kept it in good condition and styled it right.

Read this: http://www.therulesrevisited.com/2012/03/improve-your-hair.html

And perhaps also this: http://www.therulesrevisited.com/2011/09/because-of-and-in-spite-of.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
if it was like Miley cyrus' then i'd bail quicker than the road runner
Reply 11
Original post by civilstudent
Ok so how much does having short hair really reduce attractiveness or ruin a girls chances of getting a man? I mean many men like long hair but is hair style an extreme preference as in its one of the deciding factors or is just a slight preference?

If a girl with short hair aproached you would you feel you were out of her league?

Heres the type of short that im talking about, actually post a pic of the kind of short hair you might find attractive...

I don't really get this?
Reply 12
Depends how short and how it looks.
Reply 13
If that's the case that's maybe why I'm still single lol. I wear extensions quite a bit but not all the time. My hair is asymmetrically short

Spoiler

Well, im going to answer despite being a woman.
Firstly, i dont think we can say that having short hair will make you unattractive to all men. It's subjective what individual heterosexual males will find appealing.

Secondly, it's just hair. If someone finds you unattractive solely because of hair length, then,their loss. They're rejecting you because of something so insignificant. (bit silly IMO)

On a side note, I like le ladies with any hair. Although i'll admit, I do ladies with hair like Shane(Kate Moenning) from the l word. Drool. But, by no means would I reject someone
on the basis that they didn't have hair like Kate/Shane.

Anyway, if you have short hair op, rock it. Be proud and have confidence in yourself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by iJess
If that's the case that's maybe why I'm still single lol. I wear extensions quite a bit but not all the time. My hair is asymmetrically short

Spoiler

Mines is asymmetric too :smile:

okayish4.JPG
Reply 16
If she wears it well it's no bother for me, all depends on the person really. As long as it isn't manly as well :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by iJess

Spoiler

Nah it must be something else, personally I think you look great in that photo :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Short hair doesn't turn me off one bit. The Bond girl Jinx (Halle Berry) from Die Another Day, need I say more?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml75GSIY8mw
Reply 19
Elliot in My American Girl make over. It's not that short, but it's great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending