The Student Room Group

physics coursework help please!!!!

I have recently started my coursework in physics but I`m stuck and any help would be highly appreciated.
Original post by mariagoretti
I have recently started my coursework in physics but I`m stuck and any help would be highly appreciated.

You need to say what you are doing , what you are stuck on, and what help you need.
Reply 2
whats the topic? is this yr 12 or yr 13 coursework?
Reply 3
Original post by Stonebridge
You need to say what you are doing , what you are stuck on, and what help you need.

I'm doing the resistivity of a material and I just want to know when writing the case study do I write on the resistivity of a particular material for eg constantan or is it just resistivity in general.Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Tim Mc.
whats the topic? is this yr 12 or yr 13 coursework?

year 12 please
Reply 5
is this a practical investigation? or is this a sort of, informative document telling the reader about material properties?

If it's the former, you should be talking about the resistivity of the materials being used in whatever experiment you are doing.

If its the latter, then you'll want to compare the resistivity of different materials and say why they have different resistivities. the key lies in their atomic structure
Reply 6
Original post by Tim Mc.
is this a practical investigation? or is this a sort of, informative document telling the reader about material properties?

If it's the former, you should be talking about the resistivity of the materials being used in whatever experiment you are doing.

If its the latter, then you'll want to compare the resistivity of different materials and say why they have different resistivities. the key lies in their atomic structure

thank you for your response.It is a practical investigation so that means I should be taking up a particular material.Is it still ok if I get a 5%error off the actual resistivity value of a particular material from my practicals?
Reply 7
Should be absolutely fine. If you're calculating the values of resistivity, then you will get extra marks if you talk about the uncertainty of values you calculate and why they arise. then you can go onto talk about how you could minimize that uncertainty if you were to repeat the experiment in the future (e.g. using lightgates for timing instead of a stopwatch)
Aqa or ocr?
Reply 9
Original post by lucky20
Aqa or ocr?
edexcel
Reply 10
Original post by Tim Mc.
Should be absolutely fine. If you're calculating the values of resistivity, then you will get extra marks if you talk about the uncertainty of values you calculate and why they arise. then you can go onto talk about how you could minimize that uncertainty if you were to repeat the experiment in the future (e.g. using lightgates for timing instead of a stopwatch)
Thank you.I apreciate your help
Reply 11
Original post by mariagoretti
Thank you.I apreciate your help

Anytime :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest