The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millie228
Defensive? Now you're being outright stupid and you know it. Also, we all know breasts sag - DUH.

I exemplified mine to make the point - enhanced breasts are designed to be "perfect", and they too will pass the pencil test, at least for two seconds. So if there are girls out there with natural larger breasts whom are self-conscious about them (as I know there are, also on TSR), I wanted to let them know that there are no reasons to worry.
I am aware of the different definitions. My point was that a lot of the things you'll find online or on urban dictionary or whatnot are given by boys who have never touched a breast, so it doesn't really matter what the "common belief" is, it's still useless.

You just sound a bit emotional or something. I don't believe in the test for any reason and all I was pointing out was that some people accept the definition as to see if breasts are sagging. You may not agree with this, but that is fine.
Reply 81
Original post by llessur123
No. That is one of many versions, one of the less commonly accepted ones actually. Go have a look at wikipedia and you'll see that the sagging version under the breast is well known.

I think the one OP was referring to was on that Angus Thongs film.
Reply 82
OP, have you ever been fitted??
Because at 5 ft 0 with a slight build, I am almost 100% certain, that you are not a size 32 back size
I'm a size 6/8 and wear a 32B but I need to get fitted because I know my back size is too big. I'm more of a 30 or even 28 C.
Why are people disregarding the opinions of the guys who don't like small boobs as 'morons'.

They're entitled to find what they like attractive. How is it any different with height or weight preferences..

Anyway OP, as an arse man myself, I wouldn't be too bothered, though larger are more preferable. Plus I haven't seen your face. Face>most things.
Reply 84
Lol like I'm one to be picky.
No, sorry.
Original post by modini
Oh cry me a freaking river, she pretty much went straight from the hospital to the photo shoot. How does that not smell fishy to you?

I agree, it's a bit messed up. What I don't agree with is Daily Mail readers ranting on about how 'u dont need boobs 2 live so it sholdnt be availabl on the nhs'. It's not about life or death, it's about quality of life.

For example, I have a keloid scar on my left bicep. I felt self-conscious about it, so I went to my GP and eventually received steroid injections into the scar to reduce it's size. This was a purely cosmetic procedure. I could have gone without this.

To be honest I am getting a bit sick of justifying the actions of the NHS to people who have never worked in a hospital and have absolutely no empathy for how different problems affect people in different ways. Some people might have just got on with having a big scar on their arm, but to me it mattered quite a bit and I chose to have something done about it. People deal with things differently, and we should respect that.

Thank god most daily mail readers have nothing to do with a hospital.

Original post by Lazuliblue
As far as I'm aware the only mental illness treated with surgery is gender dysphoria, which that particular lady does not seem to have. If anything she has body dysmorphic disorder, which is most certainly NOT treated with surgery, as the patient will simply want more and never be satisfied.

As to the OP, I have AAA breasts :biggrin: And as someone attracted to women....small boobies are great!

To enlighten you a bit more, apparently she has almost no breast tissue rather than just small boobs. Whether you agree or not, most women would consider their breasts as integral to their personal identity as a woman. Maybe giving her extravagant surgery to bump her up to a D cup or whatever was a little OTT, but I still think giving her surgery of some kind was a good choice.

This really goes beyond her saying "lol I want a boob job". I fail to see how people can't understand that.
Reply 87
Original post by llessur123
You don't want to pass the pencil test, it means you have saggy breasts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the pencil test was to see if you are black. Grow out you hair, the stick a pencil in your hair, if it gets stuck. You are black....
Reply 88
Original post by Happydude
I agree, it's a bit messed up. What I don't agree with is Daily Mail readers ranting on about how 'u dont need boobs 2 live so it sholdnt be availabl on the nhs'. It's not about life or death, it's about quality of life.

For example, I have a keloid scar on my left bicep. I felt self-conscious about it, so I went to my GP and eventually received steroid injections into the scar to reduce it's size. This was a purely cosmetic procedure. I could have gone without this.

To be honest I am getting a bit sick of justifying the actions of the NHS to people who have never worked in a hospital and have absolutely no empathy for how different problems affect people in different ways. Some people might have just got on with having a big scar on their arm, but to me it mattered quite a bit and I chose to have something done about it. People deal with things differently, and we should respect that.

Thank god most daily mail readers have nothing to do with a hospital.

To enlighten you a bit more, apparently she has almost no breast tissue rather than just small boobs. Whether you agree or not, most women would consider their breasts as integral to their personal identity as a woman. Maybe giving her extravagant surgery to bump her up to a D cup or whatever was a little OTT, but I still think giving her surgery of some kind was a good choice.

This really goes beyond her saying "lol I want a boob job". I fail to see how people can't understand that.

There's a picture of her before the op and there's no way she had no breast tissue. You can quite clearly see she has boobs. Anyway, she's already admitted she wanted a boob job so she can become a model. Good luck with that anarl.
send a picture babe, lm sure you will be tons of compliments and boost your self esteem.
Reply 90
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to know what boys think about this. I have quite a small build (5'0 tall) so I don't think my breasts are massively out of proportion with my body. But they're 32AA! I don't even pass the pencil test.

Would this put you off, boys? I wouldn't say I'm THAT insecure about my breasts, it doesn't really bother me and I would never get surgery. But still. My breasts are tiny.

Please be honest. I can take the truth. Could you ever like a girl with small breasts?

There are lots of celebs with small boobs
http://www.apnatvforum.com/Forum/showthread.php?21233-75-Celebrities-With-Small-Boobs

Hope it makes you feel better x
some guys would go as far as abduction to enjoy your child like figure
To enlighten you a bit more, apparently she has almost no breast tissue rather than just small boobs. .

I was aware of that already, and yes the surgery was completely OTT, which I think is why people are questioning her motives.
Original post by cartman
There's a picture of her before the op and there's no way she had no breast tissue. You can quite clearly see she has boobs. Anyway, she's already admitted she wanted a boob job so she can become a model. Good luck with that anarl.

So because she's shallow we should refuse to offer her treatment that would make her happy?

I don't care much for this specific case, what causes me chagrin is the outpouring of apathy and hate from idiot Daily Mailers. I wonder what would happen if all medical staff began refusing to treat anyone who wasn't about to die - good medical practice according to them!
Original post by Lazuliblue
I was aware of that already, and yes the surgery was completely OTT, which I think is why people are questioning her motives.

So you'd be happy if she had been given a B or C cup for example?

Interestingly enough her operation only cost £4.8k, which I'm sure she'd more than pay back in taxes were she to become a model :tongue:
Original post by jarasta
I thought the pencil test was to see if you are black. Grow out you hair, the stick a pencil in your hair, if it gets stuck. You are black....

Yes, that is actually another version haha. Obviously it has many definitions :tongue:
I also had to google 32AA to see what it is lol and it looks fine to me. But then again I'm more about the ass xD I actually don't like really big breasts - they put me off for some reason. My rule is as long as they are perky it doesn't matter how small. Also, if you're pretty and have a sparkling personality noone will be concerned with the size of your "assets". :smile:
Reply 97
So because she's shallow we should refuse to offer her treatment that would make her happy?

I don't care much for this specific case, what causes me chagrin is the outpouring of apathy and hate from idiot Daily Mailers. I wonder what would happen if all medical staff began refusing to treat anyone who wasn't about to die - good medical practice according to them!

Comparing a life threatening illness to a cosmetic concern shows how far from reality you are anarl.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cartman
Comparing a life threatening illness to a cosmetic concern shows our far from reality you are anarl.

What? Are you actually suggesting hospitals should only treat life-threatening illnesses?

Mate, I am a medical student and based in a hospital five days a week. What credentials do you have in relation to this subject?
So you'd be happy if she had been given a B or C cup for example?

Interestingly enough her operation only cost £4.8k, which I'm sure she'd more than pay back in taxes were she to become a model :tongue:

No, not at all. I'm jut saying that's why there has been such a fuss over it, that and the fact she is intending to make money from 'them' and has purposely driven the media storm surrounding it. I don't see many other people who have breast enlargements on the NHS or transgender people having top surgery doing things like that.

With regards to whether it was life threatening or not, we don't know if she was suicidal. If she was, fair enough. If she wasn't, maybe the under funded mental health services could have been given a boost instead. Who knows, they could have even helped her accept her body as it was, instead of perpetuating the idea that the only way to start to love your body is through altering it with surgery.

This has gone completely off topic btw :colondollar: Also, I'm going to bed :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending