The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
I hear the Colts are gonna announce a WR signing and it could be big. Got a feeling its Victor Cruz.

I'd say Larry Fitzgerald??
Original post by Alleykat606
I'd say Larry Fitzgerald??

Mmm perhaps haha they do have the cap space to make such a trade although i don't think any receiver is worth that. Leaves little room for other players in the future.
Mmm perhaps haha they do have the cap space to make such a trade although i don't think any receiver is worth that. Leaves little room for other players in the future.

think under $15m then maybe aha
think under $15m then maybe aha

Wouldn't be so bad this year but the future years would be killer. Also apparently Packers about to give Aaron Rodgers a historic contract extension. Much more sense then Joe "elite" Flacco :laugh:
Wouldn't be so bad this year but the future years would be killer. Also apparently Packers about to give Aaron Rodgers a historic contract extension. Much more sense then Joe "elite" Flacco :laugh:

really??? actually yeah thinking about it it's probably worth it...mm i dont really know what to think of Joe Flacco :s-smilie: haha
really??? actually yeah thinking about it it's probably worth it...mm i dont really know what to think of Joe Flacco :s-smilie: haha

Yeah Rodgers is easily the best QB in the NFL bar none. No one comes close i don't think. I think Flacco's good but the amount they gave for him was retarded :laugh:
Yeah Rodgers is easily the best QB in the NFL bar none. No one comes close i don't think. I think Flacco's good but the amount they gave for him was retarded :laugh:

yeah it's a bit ridiculous :rolleyes: if Flacco's worth 20m then Rodgers should be getting like a trillion...

and (speaking as a Bears fan :tongue:) Rodgers honestly deserves it
yeah it's a bit ridiculous :rolleyes: if Flacco's worth 20m then Rodgers should be getting like a trillion...

and (speaking as a Bears fan :tongue:) Rodgers honestly deserves it

I like Cutler you guys need to get him an O-line though seriously. :tongue:

Yeah I can think of a few QB who should be paid better then Flacco. Then again i don't care if the Ratbirds make dumb moves. :tongue:
I like Cutler you guys need to get him an O-line though seriously. :tongue:

Yeah I can think of a few QB who should be paid better then Flacco. Then again i don't care if the Ratbirds make dumb moves. :tongue:

We just need a 1st round OG and (hopefully) we could do big things this year!:tongue:

Yeah same I like Cutler he just needs to run it more (without getting knocked out...) and we'll have a good season:biggrin:

Flacco's just kinda lucky tbh he's always been backed by a really solid RB and defence.
We just need a 1st round OG and (hopefully) we could do big things this year!:tongue:

Yeah same I like Cutler he just needs to run it more (without getting knocked out...) and we'll have a good season:biggrin:

Flacco's just kinda lucky tbh he's always been backed by a really solid RB and defence.

He was great but so was the rest of the team. Everyone stepped up that post season run. Also if that safety doesn't screw up for that late touchdown against the Bronco's does Flacco get paid like that?

You also have one of my favourite players peanut Tillman! So underrated but in a way hes not. People know hes damn good but still overlook him.
I don't know. I wonder if Flacco's turned a corner. They got rid of Cam Cameron as OC and brought in Jim Caldwell, from that point onwards, Flacco was playing lights out. 11-0 td-int ratio or something like that wasn't it? If it was a confidence problem he had at times, he's been there and done it now so he shouldn't get rattled so easy.

I agree Rodgers is better, but Flacco might have just turned a corner - maybe he's elite now. Losing Boldin won't help at all though, so we'll see how he does.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
I don't know. I wonder if Flacco's turned a corner. They got rid of Cam Cameron as OC and brought in Jim Caldwell, from that point onwards, Flacco was playing lights out. 11-0 td-int ratio or something like that wasn't it? If it was a confidence problem he had at times, he's been there and done it now so he shouldn't get rattled so easy.

I agree Rodgers is better, but Flacco might have just turned a corner - maybe he's elite now. Losing Boldin won't help at all though, so we'll see how he does.

No doubt he played better once Cam Cameron was removed but so did the whole team. Boldin went into a beast mode. Jacoby Jones stepped up big time. Their O-line improved tremendously and their Defense once they got Suggs back looked much better. No way hes elite. There's only 4 elite QB's and they are Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Manning. Then you have the next tier like Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan.

People are forgetting Big Ben he's been to 3 Superbowls and won 2! He has the clutch factor....

Really?

If Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL (and that's debatable), he's only the best by a whisker.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees are as good as Rodgers. Rodgers has the best team after Manning in my opinion. Brady had NO defense or deep wide receivers leaving the passing game one dimensional. Brees had literally no coaching and the worst defense I've ever seen. Manning was playing great too, and you can't really blame him for the playoff failure. They put up 35 points. Somehow his D let in 38 against a haphazard Ravens offense.
Original post by SloaneRanger
People are forgetting Big Ben he's been to 3 Superbowls and won 2! He has the clutch factor....

He can be clutch as hell, but he's unreliable. Far too gung-ho and erratic to be a consistent performer. That said I'd take 2 rings over constantly being 'good'.
Original post by Authority_Song
Really?

If Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL (and that's debatable), he's only the best by a whisker.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees are as good as Rodgers. Rodgers has the best team after Manning in my opinion. Brady had NO defense or deep wide receivers leaving the passing game one dimensional. Brees had literally no coaching and the worst defense I've ever seen. Manning was playing great too, and you can't really blame him for the playoff failure. They put up 35 points. Somehow his D let in 38 against a haphazard Ravens offense.

14 of the points were special teams remember :wink: Okay maybe not by that far but i think i would say Rodgers is definitely the best.

-Manning has the best overall team. Very good receivers but barely a run game. Defense is pretty damn good as well.
- Brees, yeah can't fault him he was great in many games but that defense he had was woeful. But he does have a pretty good running back corp and receivers are good. Colston, Graham ie
- Rodgers , awful defense again cannot stop the run to save their life. No run game for their offense. Can say he has the best receivers of the lot but he has easily the worst offensive line of the lot as well.
- Brady, pretty good offensive line, the best TE's and a decent run game. No deep threat though means teams can stack the middle. Defense is dreadful as well.

Saying all this I do think Rodgers is still at the biggest disadvantage he has no time to throw anything. Same with Phillip Rivers I rate him as a QB i really do but if you don't have time to throw then well no ones gonna look good.
14 of the points were special teams remember :wink: Okay maybe not by that far but i think i would say Rodgers is definitely the best.

-Manning has the best overall team. Very good receivers but barely a run game. Defense is pretty damn good as well.
- Brees, yeah can't fault him he was great in many games but that defense he had was woeful. But he does have a pretty good running back corp and receivers are good. Colston, Graham ie
- Rodgers , awful defense again cannot stop the run to save their life. No run game for their offense. Can say he has the best receivers of the lot but he has easily the worst offensive line of the lot as well.
- Brady, pretty good offensive line, the best TE's and a decent run game. No deep threat though means teams can stack the middle. Defense is dreadful as well.

Saying all this I do think Rodgers is still at the biggest disadvantage he has no time to throw anything. Same with Phillip Rivers I rate him as a QB i really do but if you don't have time to throw then well no ones gonna look good.

I don't personally think Rodger's line is that bad, but yeah it's probably not as good as those others we mentioned. Also Rodgers is the best QB out of all of those at making chances with his feet.
Original post by Authority_Song
I don't personally think Rodger's line is that bad, but yeah it's probably not as good as those others we mentioned. Also Rodgers is the best QB out of all of those at making chances with his feet.

Rodgers o line is atrocious he eats way to much turf. Yeah he's mobile unlike our elephant we have at qb :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rodgers o line is atrocious he eats way to much turf. Yeah he's mobile unlike our elephant we have at qb :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He may not be fast, but I love having him as our QB.
Reply 5539
I'd take Brady every time.

Latest