How to prepare for a nightclub?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by YB101
white dresses are fine. White trainers will get ruined

Clubs are so strict I swear
Reply 41
Original post by getaway
go for smart shoes, any formal/black shoes you have. (lol this totally reminds me of the inbetweeners episode when he has to swap shoes with a tramp)
as for telling good girls from the bad, i doubt you really will when drunk in club lol. have fun!

I'll just go for cheap good dark trainers. Don't see anything wrong in that lol
Reply 42
You'll need to take a notepad with all this advice LOL!

Seriously, the more effort you make the more girls you'll attract. :smile:
Take popcorn, pizza, 2 x coca cola 2l and get newest version of teamspeak/ventrillo and sign: I play Wow!
Reply 44
Original post by Supertoaster
How much money just depends on how much you want to drink while you are there :P I always end up spending 40-50, but most I know usually take 30. The nights I go to don't have high dress codes, but I still wouldn't go with white trainers, not if you want them to still be white by the end of the night with the amount of **** that gets spilt and your feet stood on :smile:

50 quid is a he'll of alot of money to spend on one night my days.
Reply 45
Original post by YB101
white dresses are fine. White trainers will get ruined

not if schnakebite is spilt on it
Reply 46
Original post by alwaysasking
I've been to a few bars and they seem to be more relaxing than clubs. I'm not sure if I'll even enjoy it hope I do like.

If you want to speak to people and make friends with people then bars are obviously preferable. You can sit down on sofas/diwans sometimes and (in Amsterdam) there is no entrance fee.

What is strange is that all the bars in Amsterdam have free entry and only a few of the clubs charge (Bubbles, Het Cooldown Cafe and the ones on the Leidsestraat/Reguliersdwaarstraat often don't) - but friends in England tell me that even in small towns in the middle of nowhere you may often have to pay 10 pounds just to get into a generic (non-themed) nightclub!
Reply 47
Clubs are so strict I swear

Depends really. Student friendly towns don't seem to mind. London is a lot more strict. I go out often in converses
Reply 48
Original post by effofex
not if schnakebite is spilt on it

Everyone will be too drunk to care trust me. Just dance the night away and have fun!
Reply 49
Original post by effofex
If you want to speak to people and make friends with people then bars are obviously preferable. You can sit down on sofas/diwans sometimes and (in Amsterdam) there is no entrance fee.

What is strange is that all the bars in Amsterdam have free entry and only a few of the clubs charge (Bubbles, Het Cooldown Cafe and the ones on the Leidsestraat/Reguliersdwaarstraat often don't) - but friends in England tell me that even in small towns in the middle of nowhere you may often have to pay 10 pounds just to get into a generic (non-themed) nightclub!

Go to Amsterdam much? Lol
Reply 50
Original post by YB101
Depends really. Student friendly towns don't seem to mind. London is a lot more strict. I go out often in converses

I should probably just phone them up and see what they're rules are
Reply 51
Original post by Waterstorm
You can take a coat/hoodie and they have cloakrooms where you can leave it, might cost a couple of quid. Otherwise being freezing cold on club nights out seems to be the norm, you'll notice that - especially girls with next to no clothes wandering around in -20 degrees.

Don't wear white trainers, you may not get in. Rest of the clothes seem fine, just make sure the checked shirt doesn't look stupid.

Get a bus to the club.

Take about £30, but aim to spend about £20 max - seeing as it's your birthday. I'd normally spend quite a bit less otherwise.

Also predrink with your mates and go together.

Your advice about budget seems to be the norm, but completely against my experience. i usually manage to spend £50-60 on a night out, occasionally up to £100, yet no one else does - what am i doing wrong?? :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Go to Amsterdam much? Lol

I used to live there but am in Paris now.
Reply 53
Original post by effofex
I used to live there but am in Paris now.

Very nice
Original post by askew116
Your advice about budget seems to be the norm, but completely against my experience. i usually manage to spend £50-60 on a night out, occasionally up to £100, yet no one else does - what am i doing wrong?? :s-smilie:

What on earth are you spending money on?

As students, most of us would save money by predrinking a fair bit so we don't need to spend too much on drinks in clubs. We try and go out on student nights so entry is probably about £5-10 max. Non-student nights will be about £10-20. Student drink prices will generally be cheaper as well. To spend like £50-100 you must be buying bottles of champagne and god knows what else. All that stuff isn't necessary.
Also OP, don't predrink too much and get really drunk, or the bouncers won't let you in.
Reply 56
Original post by askew116

Yes you are doing it wrong, what are you spending it on??. An expensive night out for me would be £30. What makes a night out even better for me and my friends is trying to do it as cheap as possible. That is why I always get a couple of shots of sambuca when going out as its cheap and pretty strong. Plus pre drinks and hip flasks also mean less money is spent on alcohol.
Reply 57
To the OP When I go out either a friends parent or my parents will drop us off or we get the train in. Depending on which friends house I am staying in its either bus back or pre book a taxi, black cabs are too expensive
As others have said apart from the trainers everything you plan to wear is fine. Go for black loafers instead as black goes with most things so you should get quite a bit of use out of them. Pre drink beforehand. But not too much or else they will not let you in. Just drink enough till you feel a buzz. Also you need to bring a light jacket, you don't know how long you will be waiting outside to get in. I went out on Wednesday and was queuing for an hour plus it was snowing. I was so glad I was wearing a leather jacket. I had so many envious stares.
Once inside put the jacket into the cloak room, make sure you don't lose the ticket they give you for your coat otherwise you have to come back the next day for it. When you get to the bar proceed to find the cheapest thing on the menu or try and find any deals they are doing on drinks, e.g. a fishbowl for a fiver etc. and share amongst your friends. You might want to book a table so you have somewhere to sit down.
With regards to girls, please please do not be one of those creepy guys that follow a girl round the club even after she has made numerous attempts to evade you. Its just embarrassing The best place to pick up girls I would say is the bar and smoking area. But the smoking area is the best as its easier to hear what people are saying and strike up a conversation. You may see a girl you fancy on the dance floor, if so smile at her and if she smiles back and holds eye contact go up to her and dance with. Always as her what her name is and start a bit of small talk, you will not be able to hold a proper convo with all the music. Anyway if you think it feels right go in for a kiss.
Hope you have fun
Reply 58
1. Sunbed a few days early so I am slightly tanned and not red

2. Go to the gym...get my pump on

3. Shaved and showered

4. Brush my teeth and moisturise

5. Pick clothes....usually jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket because I am super cool

6. Have a few causal beers while usually watching take me out or some other crap

7. Do my hair

8. Order a taxi

9. Have a line off coke before leaving, usually off my friends

10. Go out spend a disgusting amount of money

11. Wake up in the morning with minimal memory and just a gut wrenching feeling you have done something terrible.

12. Check phone to see if I didn't ring my boss and call him a ****

13. Eat cake and drink chocolate milk all Sunday
Reply 59
Original post by Waterstorm
You can take a coat/hoodie and they have cloakrooms where you can leave it, might cost a couple of quid. Otherwise being freezing cold on club nights out seems to be the norm, you'll notice that - especially girls with next to no clothes wandering around in -20 degrees.

Don't wear white trainers, you may not get in. Rest of the clothes seem fine, just make sure the checked shirt doesn't look stupid.

Get a bus to the club.

Take about £30, but aim to spend about £20 max- seeing as it's your birthday. I'd normally spend quite a bit less otherwise.

Also predrink with your mates and go together.

I noticed that you're at UCL, HOW do you manage to spend this little clubbing in London??:confused: Everywhere is so expensive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending