The Student Room Group

The worst thing about GTA IV was the radio soundtrack.

GTA Vice City and SA had great soundtracks on the radio. The music was good, it was funny, I could even listen to the voice-only stations. In both games I found my fave radio station that I usually always switched to. In GTA IV the biggest let down was the radio. There was nothing really funny about the commentary, there were only a few good songs, the rest were pretty crap, and they were all spread out so there was no "one" station that I could at least take refuge in and switch to. There was also little variety too, it was all pretty much the same or similar genre.

Some of the songs from VC and SA are still among my favourites today, but GTA IV was just truly awful and I think that's part of what ruined the game for me.

What was your fave radio station from each game?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always used to turn the radio off as soon as I got into a car. The sounds of prostitutes bouncing off the bonnet of my car is all the music I need anyway.
Wow, I have to say I completely disagree. I've played GTA 3, Vice City and IV and I love the radio stations in all of them, either for the witty chat and humour or because of the good music. I will admit that the radio in Vice City seemed to be better because the game had a much more concrete theme that pervaded everything in the game. Although I do remember listening to the DnB station in GTA 3 and thinking it was great; so I don't think I could choose a favourite.
Reply 3
Disagree totally! There are some good songs on there, Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 especially.
Reply 4
Completely agree with you OP. Krose in SA actually got me into Country Music for a while lol. I'd love to get in a Bobcat, put it on, and ride through the desert at night. Every radio station was actually masterfully crafted. I don't know how they managed to licence all these amazing songs.

GTA IV's music sucked, however The Ballad Of Gay Tony's soundtrack was a bit of a redemption. The story line was pretty meh aswell tbh.
Whichever station had these classics.

I love a rainy night
All my exes live in texas
Too much love in this Mississippi heart

I don't think GTA 4's soundtrack was that bad.
Reply 6
Original post by Scumbaggio

I love a rainy night

lol Krose
My favourite radio station in GTA SA was the one that played "you're never gonna get....not this time...you're never get my lovin..."
CFR station I think :K:
Reply 8
Original post by Scumbaggio

I love a rainy night

K rose!

that was in SA...
Reply 9
Original post by This Honest
My favourite radio station in GTA SA was the one that played "you're never gonna get....not this time...you're never get my lovin..."
CFR station I think :K:

hehe mine was K-rose, i don't remember that song being played. in VC it was Flash FM
I've yet to play GTA 5 but I do agree that the radio is a big part of the franchise. I always used to listen to the songs and the commentary, sometimes if I had to do it I'd wait until a song finished before I got out of the car.

Are there any recent songs on GTA5 out of curiousity?
Reply 11
Original post by Miracle Day
I've yet to play GTA 5 but I do agree that the radio is a big part of the franchise. I always used to listen to the songs and the commentary, sometimes if I had to do it I'd wait until a song finished before I got out of the car.

haha omg me too, sometimes i'd just slow down the car or circle the block if i was on a mission and had arrived at the destination... gta4 i couldn't care less, i usually just use a cab because driving with crap music is boring.

not sure, i am excited to see their choice though since i think it is set in modern day? it's stupid but i don't want to know, i like getting to know the radio stations when driving!
Original post by Miracle Day

Original post by Bellissima
haha omg me too, sometimes i'd just slow down the car or circle the block if i was on a mission and had arrived at the destination... gta4 i couldn't care less, i usually just use a cab because driving with crap music is boring.

not sure, i am excited to see their choice though since i think it is set in modern day? it's stupid but i don't want to know, i like getting to know the radio stations when driving!

Loooooool same! Song must finish before I continue anything :tongue:
Do that many people still play GTA IV?
The beauty of GTA radio was the obscurity of some of the music. I remember playing GTA 4 and Kanye West came on and I just thought Jesus wept.

It did have this on though :smile:
I don't know why, but the only radio station I'd ever listen to on GTA was VCPR in Vice City. I could practically type out a transcript of it from memory.
Reply 16
Original post by ihatebrownbread
Do that many people still play GTA IV?

no i was just thinking about gta because my 8 year old cousin keeps begging me to play vice city then i was thinking how great VC and SA were and what a let down 4 was.
Reply 17
Original post by Wilfred Little
The beauty of GTA radio was the obscurity of some of the music. I remember playing GTA 4 and Kanye West came on and I just thought Jesus wept.

It did have this on though :smile:

are you sure? which station? i think i gave up listening to the radio tbh...
Original post by Bellissima
are you sure? which station? i think i gave up listening to the radio tbh...

Sure about what? Fascination is definitely on there, dunno what station. Not sure what Kanye song it was because I can't stand him but it had a lyric like "she doesn't believe in shooting stars, she believes in shoes and cars".

I then played San Andreas and Somebody Up There Likes Me was on there :cool:
Reply 19
Original post by Wilfred Little
Sure about what? Fascination is definitely on there, dunno what station. Not sure what Kanye song it was because I can't stand him but it had a lyric like "she doesn't believe in shooting stars, she believes in shoes and cars".

I then played San Andreas and Somebody Up There Likes Me was on there :cool:

i know the kanye song was flashing lights, never listened enough to hear the bowie i guess.

Quick Reply

Latest