The Student Room Group

Please help me on this punnet square question

I have the both the question and the answer but I'm having difficulty visualising what the gametes are, what would the gametes for the parental genotypes be?

thank you
Reply 1
Original post by WoopWoop1212
I have the both the question and the answer but I'm having difficulty visualising what the gametes are, what would the gametes for the parental genotypes be?

thank you

Okay, let's say that the dark green plant is G1G1, the yellow-green is G1G2, and the yellow is G2G2.

The yellow-green plant ("Sunny") plant is G1G2. It self-fetilises to produce the seeds, which basically means that its own gametes fuse to form the progeny. So the pollen genotype will either be G1 or G2, and likewise the egg genotype will either be G1 or G2. There is co-dominance, so the gametes should fuse to produce a theoretical phenotypic ratio of 1: 2 :1.
Original post by Ashnard
Okay, let's say that the dark green plant is G1G1, the yellow-green is G1G2, and the yellow is G2G2.

The yellow-green plant ("Sunny") plant is G1G2. It self-fetilises to produce the seeds, which basically means that its own gametes fuse to form the progeny. So the pollen genotype will either be G1 or G2, and likewise the egg genotype will either be G1 or G2. There is co-dominance, so the gametes should fuse to produce a theoretical phenotypic ratio of 1: 2 :1.

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending