The Student Room Group

GCSE Science Questions or uncertain topics?

I remember reading somewhere that teaching someone else about a topic often helps with remembering it. With this in mind, I've decided to try and answer people's questions regarding GCSE sciences (preferably AQA p2/p3, b2/b3 and c2/c3). If anybody has any questions about the topics, leave a response or PM and I'll try to construct as good of an answer as possible. Perhaps even PM me a Skype name and I may even consider a brief tutor-like session. I am only a student, however, so might not be on par with other sources, but I'd like to think this idea is mutually benificial!:smile:
Reply 1
Actually a really helpful idea!

Uhh guess I'll go with Biology. What are the names and functions of the different parts of the digestive system?
Sure, I'm gonna offer any help mainly on the unit 3s.
Original post by Quilt
Actually a really helpful idea!

Uhh guess I'll go with Biology. What are the names and functions of the different parts of the digestive system?

Okay, from memory:
-The pancreas and salivary glands are used to produce 'digestive juices'.
-The stomach and small intestine are used for digestion.
-The liver produces bile to aid digestion
-The large intestine is used for water is absorbed from undigested food, making faeces
Reply 4
Original post by HesitantCicada
Okay, from memory:
-The pancreas and salivary glands are used to produce 'digestive juices'.
-The stomach and small intestine are used for digestion.
-The liver produces bile to aid digestion
-The large intestine is used for water is absorbed from undigested food, making faeces

As far as I remember the bile bit is a bit vague, it is an alkali substance so that it neutralises the acidity of food entering the small intestine. Did b2 like a year ago so I might be wrong lol
Reply 5
would revision of 6 weeks be enough to master b2, c2 & p2 -90-100ums, im doing double science
Original post by haroon77
would revision of 6 weeks be enough to master b2, c2 & p2 -90-100ums, im doing double science

I think it would easily be enough time
Reply 7
I think it would easily be enough time

hav u done this ?
hav u done this ?

I didn't revise more than the night before in p1 c1 and b1 and got 87 89 and 94, I imagine with an additional few weeks I would've done better.
Reply 9
I didn't revise more than the night before in p1 c1 and b1 and got 87 89 and 94, I imagine with an additional few weeks I would've done better.

i do double science and got 115 and 130 ums, just missed the a* on the second exam in first gcse, with 5hrs of revision, so no need to brag, all i needed to know is whther 6 weeks would be enough to drag my overall additional science grade to an a*, i'm currently on an a- which i got on the isa
i do double science and got 115 and 130 ums, just missed the a* on the second exam in first gcse, with 5hrs of revision, so no need to brag, all i needed to know is whther 6 weeks would be enough to drag my overall additional science grade to an a*, i'm currently on an a- which i got on the isa

Not trying to brag, just to help, and say I'm a little disappointed with the first grades, so I joined this forum for the same reason as you presumably. The best answer I can give you is probably, although the answer is subjective (it depends on how quickly you learn, or how effective your revision technique is I imagine. You seem intelligent though, so I'd imagine 6 weeks is plenty of time.
Reply 11
Not trying to brag, just to help, and say I'm a little disappointed with the first grades, so I joined this forum for the same reason as you presumably. The best answer I can give you is probably, although the answer is subjective (it depends on how quickly you learn, or how effective your revision technique is I imagine. You seem intelligent though, so I'd imagine 6 weeks is plenty of time.

Yeah, i think i overeacted with the last comment, sorry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending