Click the file to see the questions . thanks

Edexel Mark scheme June 2001.docx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any reply ?
Original post by charly2012
Any reply ?

Q.4

F(-0.4) does not mean F(0), it means exactly what it says.

F(-0.4) = P(X<= -0.4)

The only possible values of X that satisfy that criteria are X= -2 and X=-1, hence the given answer.

Q.3

You need to convert Y to the standardized normal distribution.

Why do you think they would be looking for X?
Reply 3
does stats at gcse help in s1 at as level ?
Reply 4
Original post by haroon77
does stats at gcse help in s1 at as level ?
I did no stats at gcse but I'm fine at alevel stats, so no gcse really doesn't help all that much
Reply 5
Original post by Robbie242
I did no stats at gcse but I'm fine at alevel stats, so no gcse really doesn't help all that much

so there's nothing like spearman;s rank or standard deviation in s1
Reply 6
so there's nothing like spearman;s rank or standard deviation in s1
Standard deviation comes up in S1, not that its hard though, its just formulas. Spearman's rank sounds more like S3 to me, though not sure. Stuff like correlation coefficient, histograms, frequency tables, probability the usual comes up with a few new chapters like the normal distribution
Reply 7
Im surprised at the overlap, except for correlation coefficient, i've seem to have done all the others- are u doing fm by any chance
Reply 8
Im surprised at the overlap, except for correlation coefficient, i've seem to have done all the others- are u doing fm by any chance
Yeah I am... had to self-teach it though due to my crappy maths gcse grade
Reply 9
Yeah I am... had to self-teach it though due to my crappy maths gcse grade

how difficult is it, i should be getting an a in gcse maths
Reply 10
how difficult is it, i should be getting an a in gcse maths
It's very time consuming and quite difficult at times, but it is certainly more handle-able for you than it is for me. I got a B at gcse worked my ass of and got 98ums in c1, so if you work hard you get results, you do nothing you get U's or D's
Reply 11
It's very time consuming and quite difficult at times, but it is certainly more handle-able for you than it is for me. I got a B at gcse worked my ass of and got 98ums in c1, so if you work hard you get results, you do nothing you get U's or D's

You gonna tell the world you got 98 ums aye? :holmes:
Reply 12
GCSE results mean nothing as long as you get an A in maths because that is what most mathematical based subjects like maths stats and econ require at gcse along with A or higher at uni. I only got an A in a level (1 ums off A* remark came back the same :frown:)
Reply 13

Thanks fo the reply, but i was talking abt fm, not maths a level on itself
Reply 14
Thanks fo the reply, but i was talking abt fm, not maths a level on itself
FM is not that much different at AS level, it just more concepts
Reply 15
Original post by UKBrah
You gonna tell the world you got 98 ums aye? :holmes:
examples bro
Reply 16
Sorry i am quite confused now , how do you even answer such question :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 17
Original post by charly2012
Sorry i am quite confused now , how do you even answer such question :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
For q3 we have mean of 100 and variance of 256

So this can be normally distributed such that: X~N(100,256)

Notice that in the formula Z=XmewstddeviationZ=\frac{X-mew}{std deviation} Where mew is 100 and std deviation is 256=16\sqrt 256 = 16
From here you can say that

Z=X10016Z=\frac{X-100}{16} X is your random variable from both parts, notice that if you add X 100 cancels out and it leaves you with a K, find the value of z associated with each probability and set it equal to Z where P(Z<z)orP(Z>z)P(Z<z) or P(Z>z) Hint: standardise each variable using the formula above
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
This is what i done .answer Q3.png
Reply 19
Can someone help me with one stats 1 question, I am trying to do chapter 5 mixed exercise question 10 and I just cant think about how to do it, please help

Quick Reply

Latest