The Student Room Group

Eton College Universities Summer School, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
I got in! I am doing double maths! Aaaahhhh I am so excited! :biggrin:
Reply 601
Hey everyone!
There's already been a few posts in the other thread about this summer school, but I thought I'd start a thread for everyone who's going this year :biggrin:
I'm Chloe and I'm going to be doing maths with physics. I'm very excited and it'd be cool to hear from others that have been offered a place :smile:
Great idea - the old thread was getting a bit long.

I'm Rebecca and I'm doing physics with chemistry and am also honestly so excited I feel really lucky to be able to get onto this course as all the other 3 people who applied in my school got rejected. It's only just really sunk in that i'm going to spend 10 days in Eton, including my birthday! One annoying thing though is that loads of universities' open days are around that time too, so we're going to have to miss them.
Reply 603
Ooh having your birthday there will be fun! Yeah. Luckily the main oxford open days are in June, so I'm not too bothered. I'm really looking forward to being around like minded people for so long!
Two people from my school got rejected, and another person hasn't heard.
Got my letter today!! Anybody else doing English? If you are, did you get a reading list? Didn't get one myself but thought we might need one...so excited!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 605
Got in for chemistry with maths, really looking forward to it!:biggrin:
Reply 606
What colour hoodie is anyone getting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 607
Original post by R4ch3l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Black, wbu?
Original post by R4ch3l

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure as there are so many options! :confused: I might get bright green or navy one.
Original post by chlowbie
Hey everyone!
There's already been a few posts in the other thread about this summer school, but I thought I'd start a thread for everyone who's going this year :biggrin:
I'm Chloe and I'm going to be doing maths with physics. I'm very excited and it'd be cool to hear from others that have been offered a place :smile:
Hi Chloe, I merged your thread into this one. If we have two threads the discussion would end up split between them and be confusing for everyone... hope you don't mind :smile:
Reply 610
im in yr 11, is will this summer school be open next year?
does it teach economics?
can u also apply elsewhere-uniq,sutton trust ?
Reply 611
Original post by cube123
Black, wbu?

I was thinking the black too!

Btw, I am Rachel and I got on to studying double maths. I know one other person from my college got in to study economics, but the other three didn't. But she's in the other dorm to me :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by fluteflute
Hi Chloe, I merged your thread into this one. If we have two threads the discussion would end up split between them and be confusing for everyone... hope you don't mind :smile:

That's fine :smile:

Also, I'll probably get a sapphire blue or a hot pink hoodie :biggrin:
Reply 613
Original post by R4ch3l
I was thinking the black too!

Btw, I am Rachel and I got on to studying double maths. I know one other person from my college got in to study economics, but the other three didn't. But she's in the other dorm to me :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. did you get information about dorms then? It turned out that Eton sent me the wrong information with the offer forms, so I'm waiting to receive some extra bits!
Reply 614
hmm
Hmm.. did you get information about dorms then? It turned out that Eton sent me the wrong information with the offer forms, so I'm waiting to receive some extra bits!

Hey it says on the form that "students will be accommodated alphabetically as follows: Girls with names from: Abas, Sahir - Irvine, Louise in Penn House, and Jones, Amy - Zhang, Shilun in Waynflete House.
All boys in Manor House."
Original post by haroon77
im in yr 11, is will this summer school be open next year?
does it teach economics?
can u also apply elsewhere-uniq,sutton trust ?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. They have a politics and economics course and I think you can apply elsewhere, unless the dates clash then you obviously can't got to more than one.
Reply 617
Hey everyone!

Hi I have also been accepted for math withs physics. Can't wait!
Reply 618
Well done to everybody who got in - I did double maths last year and it was... SUPERB! I'm sure you'll all enjoy it. If you have any questions about it, I'll be happy to help. :smile:
Reply 619
Original post by TheBeesKnees
Hey it says on the form that "students will be accommodated alphabetically as follows: Girls with names from: Abas, Sahir - Irvine, Louise in Penn House, and Jones, Amy - Zhang, Shilun in Waynflete House.
All boys in Manor House."

Ooh yeah.. how silly of me, I managed to miss that! Thanks.

Original post by hannahsm
Hi I have also been accepted for math withs physics. Can't wait!

Woo, the course content looks fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest