The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Happydude
And why don't you think fertility treatment should be funded on the NHS?

Because I think that people should pay for that for themselves. I am a taxpayer therefore I am allowed to voice my concerns at funding being given for stupid things. Having a kid is not a right.

Let me tell you something, I couldn't even get my teeth straightened on the NHS. I had to pay myself, even though I said it was causing me distress. It's a load of crap. They give to who they want.
I think fertility treatment should be free for those who suffer from things like early menopause (like at 20 or some **** 0_o) or have an illness that destroys their natural fertility.

If you know you are past it, I think it's kinder to accept when to give it a rest stop trying for kids unnaturally. We're kind of overpopulated and resources are unevenly distributed as it is :/ My mama is isn't 40 yet and I couldn't imagine having a bigger age gap...
Reply 122
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to know what boys think about this. I have quite a small build (5'0 tall) so I don't think my breasts are massively out of proportion with my body. But they're 32AA! I don't even pass the pencil test.

Would this put you off, boys? I wouldn't say I'm THAT insecure about my breasts, it doesn't really bother me and I would never get surgery. But still. My breasts are tiny.

Please be honest. I can take the truth. Could you ever like a girl with small breasts?

A pretty face can more than make up for it and I'm quite attracted to girls with a small frame so no issue here :smile:
Original post by cartman
Because I think that people should pay for that for themselves. I am a taxpayer therefore I am allowed to voice my concerns at funding being given for stupid things. Having a kid is not a right.

Let me tell you something, I couldn't even get my teeth straightened on the NHS. I had to pay myself, even though I said it was causing me distress. It's a load of crap. They give to who they want.

Is having straight teeth a right? So you would rather they straightened people's teeth than offered the chance at having a child?

Your distinction between what is deserved seems arbitrary and largely coloured by your own personal experience.

Regardless, I love the NHS and think it is awesome :heart:
Reply 124
I really want to know what boys think about this. I have quite a small build (5'0 tall) so I don't think my breasts are massively out of proportion with my body. But they're 32AA! I don't even pass the pencil test.

Would this put you off, boys? I wouldn't say I'm THAT insecure about my breasts, it doesn't really bother me and I would never get surgery. But still. My breasts are tiny.

Please be honest. I can take the truth. Could you ever like a girl with small breasts?

High 5 girly, I'm 32A. I think if it fits your body type it looks fine. Guys who like slim girls won't be bothered by it at all. Obviously there's the ones who prefer the curvier look but we all have our types xx
Reply 125
Original post by Happydude
Is having straight teeth a right? So you would rather they straightened people's teeth than offered the chance at having a child?

Your distinction between what is deserved seems arbitrary and largely coloured by your own personal experience.

Regardless, I love the NHS and think it is awesome :heart:

So a woman can have a boob job if it's causing distress, but I can't have my teeth straightened if they also are causing distress? What's the difference?

And to answer your question, yes I would. There's too many people on this earth already. We should concentrate on the ones already here.
I'm an ass man
Reply 127
Hi guys, OP here :smile:
To clear the pencil test thing up, I just meant the one where you put a pencil under your breast and if it falls, you failed. I didn't know that was only to determine sagging :redface: I do pass the other one though, when you push your breasts together with the pencil in the middle lol.

I am 17 years old :smile:

Nope, I've only used bra size calculators on the internet.
I've just taken some measurements of myself without a bra on, and now I have no idea what size I am. :confused: I'm 27 inches under my breasts, and 30 inches across my breasts.

http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php
This site says I'm 32AA

http://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html?bustsize=30&bustsizeunit=inch&framesize=27&framesizeunit=inch&x=96&y=19
This says I'm a C cup LOL

http://www.pslingerie.co.uk/bra-size-calculator
29C :confused:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Bras-Womens-Size-Guides-Product-Information-Help/b/47648031
Says I'm not even on the scale.

All the others I tried just said Error.

My breasts look small, but they're definitely not flat either. I have a cotton bra that says 32AA which fits me fine. Hmmmm.
:s-smilie:

I think an AA cup is flat though which makes me think you aren't one. And the cup size gets bigger with the back size. So an AA fits you because of the back size being 32. But if you go down a back size (which you very likely will!) you'll go up a cup size. I'd reckon you are a 28 C/B

I don't think using those sites will give an accurate measurement. I seriously suggest you'd get fitted. Or if you don't want to, look at the tips online on how to check if a bra fits properly, and try on a load of bras in a store. The annoying this is, loads of bras don't come in 30/ 28 Cs which can be a pain!

Don't really care, and anyway, other features you can work on eg. your ass and stomach can easily be more attractive and as I said, you choose what they are like.
More than a mouthful is a waste.
Original post by cartman
So a woman can have a boob job if it's causing distress, but I can't have my teeth straightened if they also are causing distress? What's the difference?

And to answer your question, yes I would. There's too many people on this earth already. We should concentrate on the ones already here.

My point is that there is no difference and both should be allowed! I was remarking at how it is odd you think there is a difference - that your teeth should be straightened yet her boob job denied.

Right. Come back to me on that one when you and your wife have trouble conceiving. You do realise fertility clinics are not just about IVF for 45-year old career women? If you have a particularly low sperm count they can assist in artificial insemination amongst other things.
Okay, this is really weird.
26D/28C
30C
28D
28C

I have just got those measurements from these four sites
http://www.butterflycollection.ca/bra-size-calculator/
http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-fitting-calculator.html
http://www.curvesandcorsets.com/bra-sizing
http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

Does this mean I'm not a 32AA anymore :confused: Somebody help me!! Please:smile:

Probably a 28B or 28C from the way you make it sound. If your back measures around 27inches then your band size would be 28. A small back would your boobs look proportionate, so you probably look fine. You should go and get measured instead of guessing though. Online sites aren't accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"It ain't about the size, it's the shape that matters, yo" - Plato.
Original post by Tyler Varona
He was talking about what matters when it comes to your physical appearance. :facepalm:

Yes, it was a joke, chill
If they have nipples I do not care.
Boobs are awesome regardless of size!
Original post by Shengis14
Yes, it was a joke, chill

Hahahaha good one...
Perfectly fine by me.
I wish mine were smaller. I have to buy tops that are too big for me at my waist, neck etc so they fit my chest, my back hurts and I can't wear blouses.

My mum thinks I should get a reduction because my back is so sore.

My boyfriend was sad at this prospect.
What is a pencil test? o.O
If you're tiny then I don't think small breasts would bother guys... But in Poland I think we have quite different sizes... I'm 80E myself...

Oh I checked bra size table converter... In the UK it's 36DD... but it's a hell. My friend's bigger and she needs a surgery cause it's too heavy for her spine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending