The Student Room Group

Tragus piercing..

Hi, I been thinkin about getting a tragus piercing, I was just wondering what peoples experiences have been, and how people would rate the pain-compared to other piercings?(I have belly, septum and 2 sets of lobe piercings) and also if you remember how much you roughly paid?cos I know some places rip you off so It'd be nice to hav some rough idea of average price :smile:

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

My friend had hers done recently. She actually went in the shop to have a tattoo designed and came out with her tragus pierced. Shes had it done before so there were a couple of complications with scar tissue, however apparently it didn't do that nasty 'pop' on the second time. Apart from the obvious aching, its not gone funny or anything. And think it only cost her about £20.
Reply 2
I found mine surprisingly painful, but it was bearable and felt fine the next day. Got mine done at a GOOD London tattoo and piercing parlour and it cost £40 (their minimum for a piercing) but it was worth the money, I think. :smile:
Reply 3
I had mine done in Spain whilst I was on holiday there, so I can't give you a price that's relevant unfortunately.

However, I found it to be the second most painful piercing I've had, after a conch piercing. The only thing that I didn't like was the horrible popping sound as the needle went through.

Also, whenever I went to change the bar, I was always paranoid I was going to drop the ball in my ear :redface:

Hope that helps x
Reply 4
I wanted a tragus piercing for such a long time, but for some reason I reject a lot of piercings. I had 3 piercings in each ear at one point (cartilage and 2 lobe) but now I've only my lobes. I just can't get any other piercings to heal nicely. :sad: So I've given up.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone , I'm thinking about maybe just a standard cartilige piercing now.. They seem to be really common atm(tragus piercings)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Tragus piercings can be awkward to clean, depending on the shape of your ear. Just go the whole hog and get your nipples done, it's worth it :wink:
Reply 7
I did find it painful as it was being pierced but it was only for a matter of seconds. It was stinging after for a short while. I would also advise being careful when wearing earphones, as you will have to push the bar out a little to fit the plug in.
In comparison to my ear lobes, nose and Belly button, it was probably the second worse after belly button.
I had mine done in Blue Banana, and it did cost me £30 as I wanted a gold bar, with a colour stud. If you have the standard silver ball however, its probably £15-20 in BB
Reply 8
I did mine in Camden best place to go in london really and the guy froze my ear first I felt a but of pain but not much 3years on I'm still pulling on it like its a normal ear piercing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I had mine pierced at blue banana 3 years ago with a black barbell and it cost me £10. It hurt a bit more than my septum piercing. It bled quite a bit but it wasn't too bad. Was a bit sore for about a month and a bit sore to sleep on. I didn't change the jewellery for six months but was quite easy to heal :smile:
I got my tragus done a long time ago so I can't comment on the price.

The only problem I found at all was when I changed the the original jewellery to a bar, the back of the bar rubbed my ear slightly leaving a little sore mark. However, I wear a bioflex bar now and I have no problems.

If you wear earphones, make sure you remember you have a tragus piercing before trying to put them in!
I love mine! Had it done a while ago and didn't hurt at the time as they froze it which was awesome! Ha. But yeah, didn't hurt afterwards at all and could sleep on it straight away etc but I've never really had a problem with any of my piercings.. (6 lobe, scaffold, rook, snug, tragus and helix). I'd say go for it!
Reply 12
If you're in London the best place to go is Valhalla in Bromley

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 13
Original post by Juno
If you're in London the best place to go is Valhalla in Bromley

Sent from my GT-S5363

Ah thanks- I'm not in London (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by gloria28
I did mine in Camden best place to go in london really and the guy froze my ear first I felt a but of pain but not much 3years on I'm still pulling on it like its a normal ear piercing

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't numb or freeze pierce piercing sites, it affects the healing process :erm:
Reply 15
FYI you shouldn't go to Blue Banana, google your local piercing places and ask round, i would expect to pay £25 - £40 and yes it is worth it, you are paying for someones expertise. Same with your tragus, it requires skill to get it in straight and yes it does hurt and you will find it hard to sleep on that side for a while.
Reply 16
Original post by purplesmurf
Ah thanks- I'm not in London (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well neither am I but I still go there

Sent from my GT-S5363
It was really painless, especially compared to my belly piercing. I did it with the gun thingy, not a needle so it was fast and painless. Didn't keep it for long though because I wanted to pierce another part of my ear and closed the hole
Reply 18
Original post by Dannyisnervous
It was really painless, especially compared to my belly piercing. I did it with the gun thingy, not a needle so it was fast and painless. Didn't keep it for long though because I wanted to pierce another part of my ear and closed the hole

Guns really are not the things to use...and self piercing isn't very good either :erm: not trying to come across as a know it all but this really isn't recommended.
Reply 19
Original post by Trigger
Guns really are not the things to use...and self piercing isn't very good either :erm: not trying to come across as a know it all but this really isn't recommended.

Yeah I know that I have a reputatble local place I've been to before. It's £25 there and they numb it but if you want a gem on the from of the bar it's an extra £5(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply