The Student Room Group

Psychology wtf?

Hey guys whats up with psychology??? i mean i learn all the content and know all studies/methodology but in the exam the mark schemes are completely different? i memories everything in detail but end up with B's? i look at the mark schemes and there are some different studies compared to the book wtf? btw i need to get 2 a's in the 2 big modules PSY2 and PSY4 any tips? i got B in PSY1 and A in PSY3 small units but even still i revised all studies/methodology should of been both high A'S but just scrapped and the boundaries were really low aswell... wtf is up with psychology?!
any1 else do psycho
Reply 2
The markscheme for long answer questions are pretty broad and vague. Its all about the structure and whether you have sustained an argument ect. I had this issue too - work on exam technique. Especially in those 'apply' questions when they give you scenarios. You really have to get into the psyche of the examiner. Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by priya8D
The markscheme for long answer questions are pretty broad and vague. Its all about the structure and whether you have sustained an argument ect. I had this issue too - work on exam technique. Especially in those 'apply' questions when they give you scenarios. You really have to get into the psyche of the examiner. Good luck :smile:

hey cheers, which psychology modules are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Craming Revision
hey cheers, which psychology modules are you doing?

I'm in year 12 and we've almost finished PSYA2. I prefer PSYA2 to PSYA1, its more interesting and relatable to real life :biggrin:
Original post by priya8D
I'm in year 12 and we've almost finished PSYA2. I prefer PSYA2 to PSYA1, its more interesting and relatable to real life :biggrin:

edexcel? maybe we can help each other :biggrin: im retaking unit 2 i got a C first time and need A for uni need to get 85% in both big modules :/ im finding it really hard atm unit 4 has alot of content
edexcel? maybe we can help each other :biggrin: im retaking unit 2 i got a C first time and need A for uni need to get 85% in both big modules :/ im finding it really hard atm unit 4 has alot of content

PSYA1 and PSYA2 are AQA not Edexcel.
Reply 7

Oh sorry I'm doing AQA!:colondollar: I'm not sure what topics edexcel covers. :frown: Your bound to find an edexcel buddy around here somewhere! Good luck, I'm sure you'll smash it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest