The Student Room Group

Your MPG rating?

Just wondering what peoples MPG ratings are?

Use this to work out roughly: http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

Post you car and score.

My 1 litre Nissan Micra would get around 32MPG city.

My 1.4 MG ZR is only getting around 15 MPG city :'(
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My Nissan Micra 1.0 S got 45 mpg somehow, when I drove it across the country, probably because of motor ways, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by DSCF0911.JPG
My Nissan Micra 1.0 S got 45 mpg somehow, when I drove it across the country, probably because of motor ways, etc.

I could get around 45MPG in my micra on A roads.

Cold weather and city driving (and hills) just seem to hammer my MPG.
Original post by Camoxide
I could get around 45MPG in my micra on A roads.

Cold weather and city driving (and hills) just seem to hammer my MPG.

:/ mm, still a pretty decent MPG! I reckon it's about the same for in-town driving. Why did you ask this question?
Going on my Cambridge - Coventry journey, which is mostly motorway, 48mpg from my 1.0-litre T-reg Yaris.
Reply 5
Original post by DSCF0911.JPG
:/ mm, still a pretty decent MPG! I reckon it's about the same for in-town driving. Why did you ask this question?

Because 15MPG in my MG seems noticeably bad haha.
Reply 6
On a long sensible cruise I can just creep into the 30s.

Most of the time I'm around 21-24 though.

Car is a Golf R32 - and totally worth the money :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Generally 16 MPG for city driving and about 25 MPG on the motorway - although you can get 35 MPG on the motorway if you stick in the slow lane... (car is a Subaru Forester).
Reply 8
From the month I have had my car it has done 36.4 MPG, I am learning however so this could probably be improved when I drive abit more smoothly, lol.
Reply 9
I get around 20mpg in the city, 40 on the motorway. Mid-nineties mk3 1.4 Golf.
Reply 10
'95 Land Rover Discovery V8i ES auto. 12mpg. Single figures if you put your foot down. :biggrin:
63.6 MPG 1.9 TDi! :smile:
I've just calculated the miles done in my car for the very first time and am deeply disappointed with it.

Here's my figures:

Cost of fuel: £30.01
Litres: 22.41

Distance Covered: 92 miles

and that gives an MPG of only: 18.67

Although this was city driving, I am really peeved off. I wasn't expecting much, but I didn't know it's going to be that bad. . I'm a new driver and probably have revved higher than usual on some occasions, but even taking that into account, it's still poor. I feel like crying. Have I calculated correctly?
(edited 11 years ago)
I get about 20 MPG combined on a good day. Although most of that is on the motorway.
I dont even know where the nearest traffic lights are.

I have to do huge amounts of coasting to hit 20.

Worst car ever.

If if it was me paid for the fuel rather than my boss i would be very mad.
Reply 14
Original post by SebMurphy
I get about 20 MPG combined on a good day. Although most of that is on the motorway.
I dont even know where the nearest traffic lights are.

I have to do huge amounts of coasting to hit 20.

Worst car ever.

If if it was me paid for the fuel rather than my boss i would be very mad.

Someone else pays for your fuel and you're complaining? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by Hustler-1337
I've just calculated the miles done in my car for the very first time and am deeply disappointed with it.

Here's my figures:

Although this was city driving, I am really peeved off. I wasn't expecting much, but I didn't know it's going to be that bad. . I'm a new driver and probably have revved higher than usual on some occasions, but even taking that into account, it's still poor. I feel like crying. Have I calculated correctly?

How do you think I feel? Going from my Nissan Micra that would get 32-35 city to my MG which has been getting 15MPG city.
That's 50P a mile!!

What do you drive?
39-45 in my 1.2 16v Clio Mk2 Ph2. I could get up to 50-55 but then again I have heavy feet :wink:
Original post by Hustler-1337

Here's my figures:

That's probably wrong, or there's something wrong with your car.

Fill the tank to the brim....... drive however long you want, when ready record how many miles you've travelled, and when filling up record how many L of fuel it takes to the brim again..

Then work it out based on distant travelled + how much fuel taken to top up to full again
Reply 18
Original post by Camoxide
Just wondering what peoples MPG ratings are?

Use this to work out roughly: http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

Post you car and score.

My 1 litre Nissan Micra would get around 32MPG city.

My 1.4 MG ZR is only getting around 15 MPG city :'(

Well, I have the same car as you, so about the same. Around 35 MPG for me, with a £45 fill. It still lasts me a good month.

I get around 260 miles out of a full tank with a mix of driving on motorways/roads. The cold weather has affected this slightly.

I'm at 216 miles at the moment from a full tank, and I have just about one bar left until it starts to hit the red bar.

I do rev quite hard though. I'm not a slow paced driver when coming off from lights, etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
I get 47-52 MPG out of my 1.4 Honda Jazz depending on what sort of driving I'm doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending