The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by DaveSmith99
If he lives up to the hype then the only outcome I can see if we sign him is him being fabregased back in a few years.

Fab left Arsenal because he wanted to win trophies, and players such as Silva and Mata have showed that spanish players will stay in the pl, plus its not like Barca are without midfield talent, with players such as Cesc not starting regularly.
Original post by Malevolent
Hmmm Yeah hes one player I don't want going. I really like him and only way i see it is if there's a buyback clause. I think he will get more games since Xavi is going to be playing less and less and Iniesta does need to be rested more.

Thats why he didn't sign for us before because of a clause but he now wants to play enough to go to WC 2014, plus I think if Pep or Fergie wants him and promises playing time then he might not see it as a step down but a new challenge, would love to see him in a midfield of Iniesta & Cesc but there is the national team for that if he wants to come United:colone:
no one commenting on the game?

Pretty dull first half.. - though united looking like just getting a safe 1/2-0 win at the moment..
So Valencia isn't any good offensively yet.. still.
dissapointing turn... fairplay to sunderland though, really trying :smile:

not a very exciting game yet..
Valencia really is just a pointless player atm, it pisses me off how useless that whole wing is because of him.
Only positive so far i can take from the game is De Gea dealing with crosses well and Buttner has done fairly well.
Carrick with that little turn :drool:

Forgot to mention Vidic has dealt with everything thrown at him.
(edited 11 years ago)
Crappy 1-0 win, Valencia awful, Anderson poor, Smalling showing he can't play RB, nothing new here.
Van Persie just can't find the goal in a United shirt at the moment. Poor performance, very dull, need to step it up against Chelsea and for the Derby.
Original post by DaveSmith99
Van Persie just can't find the goal in a United shirt at the moment. Poor performance, very dull, need to step it up against Chelsea and for the Derby.

he doesnt get a great deal of dilivery to be fair... but should have put that last chance in..

kinda frustraiting to see how many times hes waving for the ball.. and the other players are just passing around..
What do you guys think of Buttner as LB? With fabio coming back on loan next season and Evra's remarkable ability to play every game, do you think he's just going to be regarded as a reserve player?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2250
We're the only Premier League team to win 25 of the first 30 games.
Original post by Stopmessing
What do you guys think of Buttner as LB? With fabio coming back on loan next season and Evra's remarkable ability to play every game, do you think he's just going to be regarded as a reserve player?

Buttner gets found out positionally every game he plays, either needs to improve or he'll only be useful for games where we will have the majority of the ball and such. Not exactly a bad thing, but Fabio hasn't exactly shown he's ready for us yet imo so who knows.
Rafael out of Mondays game.

Good god i hope we don't have to use Chris 'I have no ability on the ball' Smalling
I'm sick of watching Valencia and Young play terrible every game.

If Nani doesn't play against Chelsea, I'll cry.
Original post by Tommyjw
Rafael out of Mondays game.

Good god i hope we don't have to use Chris 'I have no ability on the ball' Smalling

dont think he was to bad defensivly though, he made quite a few clearances/headers away etc...

just kinda fails after that, but still.. it could be worse..
Original post by fallen_acorns
dont think he was to bad defensivly though, he made quite a few clearances/headers away etc...

just kinda fails after that, but still.. it could be worse..

Nah Smallings a boss in defense tbh, top talent in that regard.

He just isn't very good on the ball at all to the point where it's quite odd.
Michael Carrick though :coma:
More impressive defensive performances today than going forward. Evans, Smalling (not so great going forward), Carrick played well and when we needed to in the second half.

Fully expect Nani, Rooney, Hernandez, Rio to be back for Monday.
Original post by rohitbd
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301323/Manchester-United-want-Barcelona-midfielder-Thiago-Alcantara.html

His father makes it clear that he wants regular football and this guy is class, definitely possible for him to make the move, and though he is from Barca and could want a move back but this guy is quality and better than Pogba, the only hurdle is Barca not letting him go, or Bayern/Pep beating us to it.

Pogba is a different style of player to thiago tbh and he's being moulded into an all action midfielder/pirlo replacement.

Thiago would be a good signing, what about a loan for a season?
Original post by jam277
Pogba is a different style of player to thiago tbh and he's being moulded into an all action midfielder/pirlo replacement.

Thiago would be a good signing, what about a loan for a season?

Don't united want a destroyer in the middle not really a Thiago type player?

Latest