The Student Room Group

How to prepare for a nightclub?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by heirloom
To the OP When I go out either a friends parent or my parents will drop us off or we get the train in. Depending on which friends house I am staying in its either bus back or pre book a taxi, black cabs are too expensive
As others have said apart from the trainers everything you plan to wear is fine. Go for black loafers instead as black goes with most things so you should get quite a bit of use out of them. Pre drink beforehand. But not too much or else they will not let you in. Just drink enough till you feel a buzz. Also you need to bring a light jacket, you don't know how long you will be waiting outside to get in. I went out on Wednesday and was queuing for an hour plus it was snowing. I was so glad I was wearing a leather jacket. I had so many envious stares.
Once inside put the jacket into the cloak room, make sure you don't lose the ticket they give you for your coat otherwise you have to come back the next day for it. When you get to the bar proceed to find the cheapest thing on the menu or try and find any deals they are doing on drinks, e.g. a fishbowl for a fiver etc. and share amongst your friends. You might want to book a table so you have somewhere to sit down.
With regards to girls, please please do not be one of those creepy guys that follow a girl round the club even after she has made numerous attempts to evade you. Its just embarrassing The best place to pick up girls I would say is the bar and smoking area. But the smoking area is the best as its easier to hear what people are saying and strike up a conversation. You may see a girl you fancy on the dance floor, if so smile at her and if she smiles back and holds eye contact go up to her and dance with. Always as her what her name is and start a bit of small talk, you will not be able to hold a proper convo with all the music. Anyway if you think it feels right go in for a kiss.
Hope you have fun

Thanks for the brilliant advice. See that's the thing I hate about clubs, they're so damn loud! I might head to a bar instead. I'll probably be steaming (a bit too drunk) so I won't remember much anyway. Thanks, I most likely will have fun :biggrin:

Original post by McHumpy92
1. Sunbed a few days early so I am slightly tanned and not red

2. Go to the gym...get my pump on

3. Shaved and showered

4. Brush my teeth and moisturise

5. Pick clothes....usually jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket because I am super cool

6. Have a few causal beers while usually watching take me out or some other crap

7. Do my hair

8. Order a taxi

9. Have a line off coke before leaving, usually off my friends

10. Go out spend a disgusting amount of money

11. Wake up in the morning with minimal memory and just a gut wrenching feeling you have done something terrible.

12. Check phone to see if I didn't ring my boss and call him a ****

13. Eat cake and drink chocolate milk all Sunday

LOL That's funny
Original post by Muffin.
I noticed that you're at UCL, HOW do you manage to spend this little clubbing in London??:confused: Everywhere is so expensive

Student nights are about £5-10 entry. A non-student night would be between £10-20, but I wouldn't really go somewhere that was over around £15 unless it was a big event. I predrink so I only get a few drinks at the club (probably about £5-10, again student prices are like £2.50 for a vodka/coke). Bus/tube is about a few quid there and back.

I don't get how people end up spending loads. You probably would going out on a Friday/Saturday night though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
I have spent £200+ and two occasions...have done over £100 a fair few time...I am seen as the more sensible one with money amongst my friends.

My one friend I have been with him when he has done £400+ twice now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
I have spent £200+ and two occasions...have done over £100 a fair few time...I am seen as the more sensible one with money amongst my friends.

My one friend I have been with him when he has done £400+ twice now.

Well that's atrocious! No way am I spending that much on one night are you mad?
Reply 64
Original post by alwaysasking
Well that's atrocious! No way am I spending that much on one night are you mad?

I agree it is ridiculous...full of regret the next day, just one thing leads to another...you keep going cash machine or putting drinks on your card and you've spent loads.
Reply 65
100 pressups
100 situps
100 shots.

Go get em tiger, and remember, Flex :wink:
Reply 66
I agree it is ridiculous...full of regret the next day, just one thing leads to another...you keep going cash machine or putting drinks on your card and you've spent loads.

My dad would kill me!
Reply 67
Original post by huskaris
100 pressups
100 situps
100 shots.

Go get em tiger, and remember, flex :wink:

hahahahaha
It depends which type of club you go to. I usually go to Ministry of Sound in London in white trainers, jeans and a t-shirt as it's not nice dancing till 6am whilst wearing shoes.

Some clubs are very strict on what you wear whilst others aren't too fussy!
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't take your bank card out. If you're in a drunken state, you WILL end up drawing anywhere between £20 - £90 unnecessary cash.

With the trainers thing - depends what sort of trainers they are. Converse you can normally get away with. Nine times out of ten, I wear converse, mainly white or dark navy blue ones, and I've never had a problem. Like other people have said though, it will vary from club to club.

Another tip, just blank the attendants in the toilets trying to sell you toilet paper and ****. Wash your hands, avoid eye contact, and leave without coughing up a penny. The more you go out, the more you learn to sympathise less with those money grabbing vultures.

Oh, it always helps to flirt/become friendly with any people in the VIP areas. They normally just drag you in and you can help yourself to all the free jugs and pitchers of drink they sometimes have there! A night out clubbing is not a night out clubbing until you've somehow found yourself in the VIP bit, made use of the drink (and a chance to sit down), and left again.

It's a free for all at the bar btw. You see a spot, you grab it. If you don't, someone else will fill it in for you and you'll end up standing there for an hour, playing Mr Nice Guy, before you actually get to the bar for a drink. Be ruthless!
Reply 70
Hi,

its really quite dependant on what you drink and if you pre-drink first, and if your sharing the taxi alone, with friends, and the location of the club. I personally take £30 with me and my debit card just in case I do need more money which i usually dont. I often pre drink beer before I go out which cost me a £5 for a pack of 4 and when Im out I drink around 4-5 shots which cost around £2 a pop.. thats what £15 on alcohol. Other nights out, I stick to Gin and Lemonade, so get myself to asda and buy it in the can already mix- I spend about £6 on 4 cans. Dont usually drink them all though, so when I go out I end up drinking around 6 single gin and Lemonades.. Gin is fairly expensive mind, im looking at £3 on average for each glass so that's near £20 just for drinks
If you want cheaper drinks, its best to stick to such things like WKD, VKs , jagerbombs they usually seem to be cheap. Look out for clubs/pubs promotions as well.

In regards to taxi, on the way I share with friends and its usually a 10min journey so cost about £7-8 all together, We spend around a £1 each. However, I usually am the first person to leave the club to go home so either I get a taxi on my own or with the bf so thats £8 for the return journey.
Again you have to consider pre-drinking, I always need to get a taxi to a friends house first which is around £5-6 and thats usually shared between 2 people. Additionally, some clubs with have 'party buses' to the bigger clubs just out of town which are usually free. You could always ask a friend or family member to give you a lift (a friend that is not drinking and/or out themselves that night )

In regards to clothes, most guys seems to wear check shirts- Personally, seeing all those checks give me a headache but it is a standard outfit so cant really go wrong with it. I would avoid trainers and anything with a hood as some nightclubs wont allow you in. You can take a coat or jacket with you to keep it warm as most places have a locker room that you can keep your belongings in- its usually cost about £1.50-£2 I find. Keep the ticket that they give you safe though- Zip it in a compartment in your wallet that you don't need to open at all during the night until you leave obviously.

The last question is difficult for me to answer really, as I have a boyfriend and never before did I go to clubs to find guys. But I would say scent is important- Dont go too crazy! and guys who dress differently always do look better I find. About 6 out of 10 guys wear check shirts , not very original. Men Look good with jewellery too. As well as a nice hairstyles.
As for approaching girls , You could comment on the club- How good/bad it is? Do they like the music?
Dont start dancing around the girl uninvited though! I personally hate this.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending