The Student Room Group

So yeah, I farted on a date.

I'm going to sound such a troll, but, I don't care, I need to know if it's important or if I should laugh it off, but, I was on my first date with this lass, and I felt a fart coming, and, after blocking the previous farts from coming out by suppressing it with the chair, I wasn't feeling too great, and let it out, and **** me, it was ****ing loud and embarrassing. My date didn't mention it, just gave me a funny look. Have I blown it by looking like a idiot or am I just being ridiculous?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should have laughed and apologised and hoped shed see the funny side but i must admit it would really put me off lol
Reply 2
Original post by Amy17x
You should have laughed and apologised and hoped shed see the funny side but i must admit it would really put me off lol

Why's that?
Depends on the girl I guess. I think although it would have been a bit of a downer on the date, if she's an easy going girl perhaps she'll laugh it off. x
Reply 4
Because its just not particularly attractive hearing someone fart especially a guy, she might think you have no control over your bowels and will be farting all the way through sex
How did the date end?
Reply 6
Original post by Hippysnake
Could have been worse. You could have touched cloth.

Or followed through :tongue:

OP it was just a fart, everybody does it you know.Besides which maybe your date farted too?.Seriously dont worry about it.
she probably thought it was going to get messy and backed out.

imo you should admit to her it was a crappy date and just ask her to let you off so you canstart over.

you're probs gonna think this is a troll reply butt i'm 100$ serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
She looked at me strange and we didn't speak of it, she hasn't contacted me since the date. (yesterday)
@OP, these things happen mate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LOFC
I'm going to sound such a troll, but, I don't care, I need to know if it's important or if I should laugh it off, but, I was on my first date with this lass, and I felt a fart coming, and, after blocking the previous farts from coming out by suppressing it with the chair, I wasn't feeling too great, and let it out, and **** me, it was ****ing loud and embarrassing. My date didn't mention it, just gave me a funny look. Have I blown it by looking like a idiot or am I just being ridiculous?

If I was her, I would've probably laughed; to be honest it's natural and we've all done it. Certainly one way of breaking the ice I guess :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry - if she's into you I doubt this will have put her off. Women fart too and everyone knows that sometimes it is just unavoidable. If you want to see her again, and I assume you do otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread, then give her a call or text and suggest seeing each other again. If she blanks you or responds with a no then I can almost guarantee she would have done so anyway, fart or no fart.
Reply 12
You should've gone to the loos and a had a fart session. One can only hold in so much malevolent gas.
Reply 13
I read this as you'd sat on your date and farted. That would definitely be worse.
It's only natural, girls fart too you know...
Reply 15
Original post by LOFC

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That sort of thing is all about the recovery. If you're a guy who comes across as not caring about that sort of thing then she probably won't care either, she'd find it funny. If you were embarrassed she might have also felt embarrassed.
Original post by LOFC

Laugh it off, as soon as I read the title I burst out laughing! Don't worry some people are more uptight about that sort of stuff, on the other hand I would have laughed with you! :')

Doubt it very much, just make a joke about it next time you talk to her. Should be fine. :smile:
tumblr_inline_mh3d9dbV171roabil.jpg
Personally if someone farted loudly on a date with me I'd assume they had no respect for me or manners. It's the same if someone kept burping or something similar, why didn't you just go to the bathroom? It's just etiquette really, especially on a first date.

Clearly not a popular opinion, but oh well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by llessur123
Personally if someone farted loudly on a date with me I'd assume they had no respect for me or manners. It's the same if someone kept burping or something similar, why didn't you just go to the bathroom? It's just etiquette really, especially on a first date.

Cheer up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending