The Student Room Group

Volunteering opportunities. Under 18 help!

Hiiiiii :h:
I want to volunteer somewhere because it will look good on my CV and things, but I can't find any!
Does anyone know some good websites or some good places to look?
It sucks because festival volunteering is over 18 :-(
Reply 1
Original post by chellls
I want to volunteer somewhere because it will look good on my CV and things, but I can't find any!

http://www.do-it.org.uk/ usually have some ideas. Or just go into your local charity shop or care home or primary school and ask if they need any help/volunteers :smile:
Reply 2
This thread was done this week already but there's a lot of charity shops that will take you as will brownies. If your interested in animals then there's places you can volunteer with them (though many need you to be 16).

What sort of things do you want to do and how regularly?
Original post by chellls

There are lots of volunteering opportunities for under 18's.
You can volunteer at pretty much all charity shops. All you need to do is go in and speak to them.
Or you could volunteer with girlguiding uk or scouting. You can volunteer with your local rainbow/brownie/guides or beavers/cubs scouts group from the age of 14.
Original post by chellls

There's an organisation for under 18s called v50 where you do 50 hours of volunteering.
Reply 5
I looked in local charity shops but most of the ones where I live said you had to be 18 because of their insurance policies, I do however volunteer at a school's youth club. Churches, The Red Cross & Salvation Army are also good places to start. You could also volunteer for the royal legion if there are any bases near you.
Reply 6
Email around local youth clubs, they may have a position open for a voluntary youth worker (which could lead to a job) and you could get involved in really cool projects and build up a range of contacts :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by iJess
I looked in local charity shops but most of the ones where I live said you had to be 18 because of their insurance policies, I do however volunteer at a school's youth club. Churches, The Red Cross & Salvation Army are also good places to start. You could also volunteer for the royal legion if there are any bases near you.

Out of interest which shops did you try? Hope you're enjoying where you are now :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by curtis871
Out of interest which shops did you try? Hope you're enjoying where you are now :smile:

I tried real aid, british heart foundation, st catherines hospice & age concern. I love it actually, I'm wanting to do childrens nursing so hopefully volunteering with children iwll look good when I go to uni :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by iJess
I tried real aid, british heart foundation, st catherines hospice & age concern. I love it actually, I'm wanting to do childrens nursing so hopefully volunteering with children iwll look good when I go to uni :smile:

Really surprised the BHF said you need to be 18 o.O. There's 9 people I can think of under 18 that volunteer in their shops. Worked out for the best for you anyway it seems :biggrin:
There are some fantastic companies online which I have used.

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

http://vinspired.com/

http://www.csv.org.uk/volunteering

Have a look :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I volunteered at my local Library for my Duke of Ed, as it was the most convenient + free rental CD's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Depending what you are into it might be worth giving the British Youth Council a look too. With any registered organisation you can link up with vinspired and get a v certificate too and byc is no different. Take a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I have visited many sites which provides volunteering opportunities but volunteeringsolutions is one of the best.
Hi next summer I'll be 17 and would like to volunteer in Spain for a couple of weeks! Does anyone know any websites that accept under 18s and go to Spain because I would love to improve my understanding of the language for what will be A2
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
You can volunteering in India, Nepal, some volunteering organization provide volunteering in India and Nepal and minimum age limit is 16 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending