The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by haninori
surely that means I won't be able to do any Philosophy/Ancient History modules in first year, then? since the language and quantitative make up the 30?

The first year you have to do those modules about food and the body

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
surely that means I won't be able to do any Philosophy/Ancient History modules in first year, then? since the language and quantitative make up the 30?

It would still be possible, as you could do 15 credits Language in first year, and 15 credits Quantitative in second year, leaving you with 15 credits choice in first year and 75 in second!
Reply 42
Original post by charlotte199
It would still be possible, as you could do 15 credits Language in first year, and 15 credits Quantitative in second year, leaving you with 15 credits choice in first year and 75 in second!

ah okay, interesting! I'll have to think about it :smile: not sure whether I would prefer them to all be together or not, since 15 is only 1 small course.
Reply 43
Original post by charlotte199

Is the quantitative module compulsory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by yg95
Is the quantitative module compulsory?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, only 15 credits though and can be done either in the first or second year
Reply 45
For those of you who went to the offer visit day yesterday what was your impression of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by yg95
For those of you who went to the offer visit day yesterday what was your impression of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was really good. It was great to get to talk to the lecturers and I think I feel more secure about the course than I did before. Also The campus great too :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Nomad0
I thought it was really good. It was great to get to talk to the lecturers and I think I feel more secure about the course than I did before. Also The campus great too :smile:

I was quite surprised by the campus with all those hills it must be a trek getting about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by yg95
I was quite surprised by the campus with all those hills it must be a trek getting about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is, and it looks like it would be death in snow and ice... but it is really pretty and soo green
Reply 49
Original post by IWish
I am in the same situation!! got moved from the FCH (english and history)
But the Liberal arts degree looks really cool! I think it actually suits me better....does any one know about visit days? I would like to major in english i think :smile:

was it you who I spoke to in that HUGE queue waiting for the buses? :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by Nomad0
Yeah it is, and it looks like it would be death in snow and ice... but it is really pretty and soo green

I didn't even think about ice and snow O_O I guess we would have to invest in some amazing snow boots!

I really loved the campus and the lecture though! it was so interesting! (weird that we were all in that room at the same time, isn't it? :biggrin:)
Reply 51
I didn't even think about ice and snow O_O I guess we would have to invest in some amazing snow boots!

I really loved the campus and the lecture though! it was so interesting! (weird that we were all in that room at the same time, isn't it? :biggrin:)

Yep the archaeology lecture interesting. Not too sure about the other one though English is not my thing. But I was surprised by some of the students interest especially that one girl who answered nearly every question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Nomad0
Yeah it is, and it looks like it would be death in snow and ice...

No worries there; it basically never snows here! (Or only very rarely, anyway.)
Reply 53
Original post by yg95
Yep the archaeology lecture interesting. Not too sure about the other one though English is not my thing. But I was surprised by some of the students interest especially that one girl who answered nearly every question

Posted from TSR Mobile

English A level is VERY similar to that, and certain people get really into it, so that's not too surprising :smile: yep, the archaeology one was great! :biggrin: and that was the module I thought would be least interesting!
Reply 54
was it you who I spoke to in that HUGE queue waiting for the buses? :biggrin:

yess! ahah thats so funny :smile: you had any more thoughts on it? I think I will firm. Did you guys get to your car in the end? hope you are having fun living a exam free life! :P
Reply 55
Original post by IWish
yess! ahah thats so funny :smile: you had any more thoughts on it? I think I will firm. Did you guys get to your car in the end? hope you are having fun living a exam free life! :P

:biggrin: I really really really want to firm! I'm trying to restrain myself until I go visit Newcastle, but I just don't see any way it's going to be better!

we did, but it took another half an hour at least for the next bus to come, but some organised woman sorted it all out! the bus actually pulled up at the other end of the queue, and we almost didn't get on - I swear I felt a tiny piece of my soul die! :P

always! ;D and don't worry about yours, you'll be fine! they'll be over in no time :biggrin:
Reply 56
Haha knew that people on this forum would start to recognise each other. Now I wonder if I can identify anyone here from the visit day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Persipan
No worries there; it basically never snows here! (Or only very rarely, anyway.)

Okay thats good. I love snow, but I don't like the Idea of sliding down hills. :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by yg95
Haha knew that people on this forum would start to recognise each other. Now I wonder if I can identify anyone here from the visit day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wearing a creamish/ off white hat with a flower on it...
Reply 59
Original post by Nomad0
I was wearing a creamish/ off white hat with a flower on it...

Didn't I speak to you along with another a girl and the ginger student. You said you wanted to major in English?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending