The Student Room Group

Extra time French

Simple really, why is extra time in unit 2 and 4 not available?

Thanks
Original post by Rovey
Simple really, why is extra time in unit 2 and 4 not available?

Thanks

You'll have to elaborate on that I'm afraid...We're linguists, not psychics.
If you provide us with enough "context", I'm sure someone will be able to "work it out" for you! :cool:
Would Units 2 and 4 be the speaking exams?

Assuming that you are right, and that units 2 and 4 are speaking exams, I would postulate that additional time is not available for units 2 and 4 because the exam board didn't think there were disabilities possible which would be counterbalanced by longer speaking exams!

Extra time in writing exams is useful to prevent many people receiving worse results than they deserve, but I would think most people would be further disadvantaged if they had to speak for longer!

However, why don't you:
A) consult your school's exams offficer, or;
B) contact the exam board in question and ask them to explain their policy? You'd be more likely to get the true answer, as opposed to inaccurate speculation!
Reply 3
There might be something on the exam boards website about speaking exams and extra time?
Reply 4
If this is GCSE, and one of them is the listening, there would be no point in giving people extra time, as the listening tape only lasts a certain amount of time - any extra time given would just be looking through the paper, being unable to actually answer any questions. If it's not GCSE, I've just wasted a minute of my life.
Reply 5
Apologies, I thought everyone was aware of this!

Basically, last year during my AS unit 2 (edexcel) writing paper the exam officer said (as a disclaimer to everyone) there was no extra time, even though I am eligible for it. I never managed to ask him why, and with Unit 4 coming up, I can see myself needing it big time. Has anyone else experienced this? As you can imagine, This is very confusing for me.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending