The Student Room Group

Does this guy like me or does he just want a "booty call" ONS??

i met this guy about 1 month ago on a night out, we had a lot of (NON SEXUAL) fun together. i added him on fb like promised, as did my friend who was with me. he then messaged me and only me (not her too) for my number, which i gave. we chatted a little. the next weekend he text me to see if i was going out, i couldn't so i said no. no contact for 3 weeks. then i was out with the same friend and she encouraged me to ask him if he was out, i did and he was and he seemed quite "enthousiastic" to see me, however in the end it didn't happen because we went to a different club which was better. the next day we were texting a bit. then this weekend (the following weekend) he text me again wanting to see me if i was going out.

i am a bit suspicious tbh. does he just see me as a ONS? i am not that kinda girl. or is he just wanting to get to know me better/see me as a friend? seeing as we have only met in person once, which was the time we first me. he is very busy during the week bt, he works long hours.
Or maybe he just likes you? There was no reference to anything sexual in that story..
Reply 2
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Or maybe he just likes you? There was no reference to anything sexual in that story..

i know i know, i am just suspicious i guess because often guys just want sex, and i only met the guy once. i don't know... he has not made any hint of anything to do with sex apart from saying i was "hot"... not in a creepy way, hard to explain but it was DEF not in a creepy pervy way. in fact i didn't even think he was interested in anything to do with me until he messaged me, or i suspected he was gay.

maybe he just wants a new friend though.
Original post by Anonymous
i know i know, i am just suspicious i guess because often guys just want sex, and i only met the guy once. i don't know... he has not made any hint of anything to do with sex apart from saying i was "hot"... not in a creepy way, hard to explain but it was DEF not in a creepy pervy way. in fact i didn't even think he was interested in anything to do with me until he messaged me, or i suspected he was gay.

maybe he just wants a new friend though.

Exactly, don't be so paranoid about him being a pest, he may have just found you attractive, and wants to get to know you more.. Give the guy a chance before you go judging him :smile: could be a really nice guy!
Reply 4
Sounds like he'd like some sort of sexual meeting.

I base this on the fact that I personally don't want anything more from someone I have met on a night out than casual 'fun'. Also because he hasn't invited you out on a real 'date', you don't get to know someone in a nightclub...

I could be wrong, he could just be shy and be dependent on alcohol to meet any women at all.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Mockery
Sounds like he'd like some sort of sexual meeting.

I base this on the fact that I personally don't want anything more from someone I have met on a night out than casual 'fun'. Also because he hasn't invited you out on a real 'date', you don't get to know someone in a nightclub...

I could be wrong, he could just be shy and be dependent on alcohol to meet any women at all.

same, seems a bit flimsy

Sounds to me like he is a normal alcohol-loving bloke tbh, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, but by virtue of you telling him you can't come out he has probably moved on to some other girl. In one respect I could argue that he is playing you and making you keen for him, in another respect I could argue that he simply moved on and pursued other girls who wouldn't decline a date.

Either way, you are keen about some bloke you haven't even rode yet!!! You have fallen for this guy in one respect and I think you might be realising how fickle such guys can be tbh. What makes you so special? Obviously not enough for some bloke to stick around and give you a chance. EVEN SO, you shot yourself in the foot by declining a meet. Live and learn. Or pursue the cock, whatever feels right m'dear.... sounds bootylicious to me tbf
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Stevo112
same, seems a bit flimsy

Sounds to me like he is a normal alcohol-loving bloke tbh, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, but by virtue of you telling him you can't come out he has probably moved on to some other girl. In one respect I could argue that he is playing you and making you keen for him, in another respect I could argue that he simply moved on and pursued other girls who wouldn't decline a date.

Either way, you are keen about some bloke you haven't even rode yet!!! You have fallen for this guy in one respect and I think you might be realising how fickle such guys can be tbh. What makes you so special? Obviously not enough for some bloke to stick around and give you a chance. EVEN SO, you shot yourself in the foot by declining a meet. Live and learn. Or pursue the cock, whatever feels right m'dear.... sounds bootylicious to me tbf

i will see what next weekend brings. should i message him if i am going or is that too "keen"?
why do you assume he has got other girls now?

ha, i have long known many guys are just after sex and are fickle.
though most of your commentary doesn't really reflect in the info i have given you? what do you mean he isn't sticking around and giving me a chance?

anyway, i couldn't go. it wasn't possible tonight.

i am just asking for others opinions. if he has moved on then i'm not gonna cry about it.
Reply 7
i will see what next weekend brings. should i message him if i am going or is that too "keen"?
why do you assume he has got other girls now?

ha, i have long known many guys are just after sex and are fickle.
though most of your commentary doesn't really reflect in the info i have given you? what do you mean he isn't sticking around and giving me a chance?

anyway, i couldn't go. it wasn't possible tonight.

i am just asking for others opinions. if he has moved on then i'm not gonna cry about it.

I assume it because a guy whom is jibbed off for any reason will likely seek new girls.

It seems to me like, after 3 weeks of no contact, he can so easily forget about you and you're not necessarily that important to him... unless you end up trying to qualify yourself to that, in which case he would win a man point for playing you in such a way as to make you chase him.

Not saying it is a bad thing, he might be the best thing since sliced bread, but it all seems so standard and if it isn't him gaming you then he seems to be hitting the right chords.
I personally would be suspcious if he liked you so much why hasnt he asked you out for a drink? why is it always club relateed when your drunk and its in the enviroment for one night stands? I met my boyfriend on a night out and we had only met that one time before he asked me out for a drink. I may be wrong maybe see him the next time your out and you suggest you go for a drink or if he asks if your out say somethibg like 'no but would you be up for going to the pub one night' your tell what he is after by his reactiom
Reply 9
Original post by SillyMilly
I personally would be suspcious if he liked you so much why hasnt he asked you out for a drink? why is it always club relateed when your drunk and its in the enviroment for one night stands? I met my boyfriend on a night out and we had only met that one time before he asked me out for a drink. I may be wrong maybe see him the next time your out and you suggest you go for a drink or if he asks if your out say somethibg like 'no but would you be up for going to the pub one night' your tell what he is after by his reactiom

yes you are right, that is why i am suspicious...
I met a guy in college through a friend and he seemed really nice at first. Because neither of us had any money much, he used to cycle down to meet me for us to hang out (it was like 10 miles). It was the first time a guy liked me in that way and not just as a mate, so I was smitten to say the least.

Things did seem to move quickly and we started sexting each other. It was more him than me, I just text him what he wanted to hear, the whole sexting thing makes me feel a bit cringy to be honest.

Anyway, it was only until a few weeks later that I realised that he just wanted me for sex before he went away to the Royal Marines. I can't remember exactly how I found that out, but I did and I was just so upset. I'm just glad I realised before it was too late.

All I'm saying is just be cautious, don't get too drunk around him so there's not a chance that he could take advantage of you.
Original post by SillyMilly

Maybe he's shy and a bit nervous of asking?

yes you are right, that is why i am suspicious...

We don't know for sure how he feels but if you like him why don't you tell him, what you got to lose?
Reply 12
I didn't read anything sexual in your post. :confused:
Reply 13
Original post by Michaelj
I didn't read anything sexual in your post. :confused:

like i said, there is nothing, but i am quite suspicious. why doesn't he ask to hang out when he is not drinking/in club?
Reply 14
bump
Reply 15
like i said, there is nothing, but i am quite suspicious. why doesn't he ask to hang out when he is not drinking/in club?

Maybe he's shy and he needs alcohol to build confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending