The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Qualification verification at Lse?

Hi guys I have an unconditional offer for lse law but nowhere in my very brief offer letter or anywhere else in the offer package did it request any qualification verification forms. I'm wondering is it only international students who need to provide proof because as domestics student they can just verify the, via UCAS. But my friend had to do all this for his offer at Cambridge. If any current offer holders or students or really anyone at all could clear this up for me I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
I'm unconditional for LSE law as well and I didn't think we had to verify - pretty sure it's just internationals but don't hold me to that :tongue:

are you defo gonna accept LSE? I got an unconditional from nottingham as well and I'm struggling to make a decision between the two:confused: what would you do in my position?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by hdoey
I'm unconditional for LSE law as well and I didn't think we had to verify - pretty sure it's just internationals but don't hold me to that :tongue:

are you defo gonna accept LSE? I got an unconditional from nottingham as well and I'm struggling to make a decision between the two:confused: what would you do in my position?

Hey good to hear another domestic student's opinion. Soir does seem its only international. I. Guessing ur on a gap year then? What accomadation are you going for then? I had a UCL unconditional offer but chose LSE for the brand name. Nottingham is a grt uni but I'm not gonna lie in the eyes of non law employees there is a gap between the two. But if a social life is a priority.... Well. I'm sure you're aware of the hell we're in for at LSE!
Reply 3
Original post by KingofNil
Hey good to hear another domestic student's opinion. Soir does seem its only international. I. Guessing ur on a gap year then? What accomadation are you going for then? I had a UCL unconditional offer but chose LSE for the brand name. Nottingham is a grt uni but I'm not gonna lie in the eyes of non law employees there is a gap between the two. But if a social life is a priority.... Well. I'm sure you're aware of the hell we're in for at LSE!

Yh I am, best decision I ever made taking a gap year :biggrin: .. I don't think I'll be living in halls :/ I live about 25 mins away on the train so I'd probably end up living at home, which is another thing that worries me about the social side of things, not to mention the effort in getting there :tongue: what halls you going for?
Reply 4
Original post by hdoey
Yh I am, best decision I ever made taking a gap year :biggrin: .. I don't think I'll be living in halls :/ I live about 25 mins away on the train so I'd probably end up living at home, which is another thing that worries me about the social side of things, not to mention the effort in getting there :tongue: what halls you going for?

Yeh a gap years are pretty awesome. Small world as I also. Live about 30-40 mins by train from LSE. I'm going for hall mainly for the social scene so im applying to the northern three Carr Saunders, rose berry , and pass field . Do you know which is the best? I wouldnt be worried about the social side you will just have to make a bit more of an effort is all via societies etc. Additionally it is LSE which is not exactly a party uni. Throw in studying Law of all subjects and raving every night is not gonna be possible unless you're on prozac!
Reply 5
It is a small world indeed, where abouts do you live then? And I've heard good things about Roseberry so I'd say that's your best bet, if I applied for halls then I'd pick that as well :smile:.. And I know, I ain't expecting to get on it every night, it's just LSE doesn't give the typical uni experience as I'm sure you'd agree :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by hdoey
It is a small world indeed, where abouts do you live then? And I've heard good things about Roseberry so I'd say that's your best bet, if I applied for halls then I'd pick that as well :smile:.. And I know, I ain't expecting to get on it every night, it's just LSE doesn't give the typical uni experience as I'm sure you'd agree :tongue:

I agree that Roseberry sounds good.... Only concerned that it seems out of the way. I live on the outskirts of London. I absolutely agree that LSE will not give anything close to the normal uni experience but that's not why we have chosen it. anyway guess it's up to us to make our own social experiences right? Though that u tube link on your other thread is rather deflating to say the least

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending