The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about starting uni?

Hi,

I am looking forward to it but I'll miss my life just now I think. Most of all I can't wait to move out! I know it's going to be strange seeing old friends less often though.

How's everyone else feeling about it? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm dying to go, in all honesty. I hate school at the moment - year 13 is just so boring, and everyone just wants to leave. Uni will be a fantastic new start - new city, new people, new course. Just gotta get through the next few months :')
Reply 2
Original post by Sannn
I'm dying to go, in all honesty. I hate school at the moment - year 13 is just so boring, and everyone just wants to leave. Uni will be a fantastic new start - new city, new people, new course. Just gotta get through the next few months :')

It's worse in Scotland: I don't even need to try anymore. My offer was based on higher results - last year! A good number of people get unconditionals in scotland. It makes the place seem even more painful!
Reply 3
Original post by Runninghigh
It's worse in Scotland: I don't even need to try anymore. My offer was based on higher results - last year! A good number of people get unconditionals in scotland. It makes the place seem even more painful!

Oh, lucky you in a sense! Where and what are you applying for? :smile:
Scared about having to meet and get on with new people but also really excited at having the chance to make new friends :tongue:
I want to start as soon as possible
Reply 6
Counting down to the date I move into halls, September 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sannn
Oh, lucky you in a sense! Where and what are you applying for? :smile:

I've got a conditional for Edinburgh Uni for medicine - the condition is a disclosure check!

hahah I think I'll pass that!

What are you doing?
Reply 8
i seem to be the only one dreading it haha
am terrified to move away
but it would be good to have a new start etc just very scary
Reply 9
Seriously can't wait. I need to get out of here. Plus my course is going to be amazing so yeah :P
Reply 10
Worried
Apprehensive but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Really excited, but really scared about the changes. Moving out, not seeing old friends as often, making new friends, my stomach does flips every time I think about it! eeppp
Excited!!! Independence + being broke, here I come.
Scared, mostly about making new friends. Hope I don't become some social retard
Reply 15
Original post by Runninghigh
I've got a conditional for Edinburgh Uni for medicine - the condition is a disclosure check!

hahah I think I'll pass that!

What are you doing?

Congrats! Sure isn't easy getting an offer for medicine, good job.

Experimental psychology at Bristol, hopefully!
Scared that I will flop my first year :s-smilie:, but excited to get the hell away from my parents and have some independence :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by Sannn
Congrats! Sure isn't easy getting an offer for medicine, good job.

Experimental psychology at Bristol, hopefully!

You'll be fine. Bristol looks really nice too. I applied there too (they rejected me though!)

Well done :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by NinjaNerdfighter
Scared about having to meet and get on with new people but also really excited at having the chance to make new friends :tongue:

I have always been quite friendly with most people at school. Was a bit worried when I went to uni that I would not have the same relationship with my new friends at uni. However, I have been at uni over six months now and I am already closer to some of these people than my friends at home. I would tell some of them anything and they would do the same with me. I can honestly say they will be friends for life.
Reply 19
At first i was excited but as the months drop away i get more worried lol. Its exciting tho. Its like a good kind of worry. The only bad worry i have is the hideous amount of work i might have to do for law. Oh and not making friends with my hall mates lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest