The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

You guys! I'm actually looking forward to university, but you're putting me off:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
My last ever undergrad QMUL lecture was about flies mating and how to turn flies gay... So I guess it ended with a 'bang' literally. :colondollar:

Hey can i ask what degree you're taking? Or took? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akkuz
A very small bang indeed. I fell asleep during my last lecture..doh. Anyhu life without lectures is fantastic!

You're telling this to someone who wants to do a PhD after their masters :laugh:

Original post by Username97
You guys! I'm actually looking forward to university, but you're putting me off:wink:

It's really not all that it's hyped up to be. :nah:

What did you apply for anyway?

Original post by sesrugeda
Hey can i ask what degree you're taking? Or took? :smile:

I'm a third year student for biomedical sciences at QMUL.
What are you hoping to study/what are you studying? :smile:
My last ever undergrad QMUL lecture was about flies mating and how to turn flies gay... So I guess it ended with a 'bang' literally. :colondollar:

in what way does this relate to biomedical science?
It's really not all that it's hyped up to be.

What did you apply for anyway?

haha i haven't even finished my GCSEs yet:biggrin: no i just like the sound of life at university
in what way does this relate to biomedical science?

It was a neuroscience lecture on the brain programming of sexual behaviour. :smile:

Scientists favourite model for genetics are fruit flies for many reasons. I.e. because it's so easy to knock/insert genes into them these days and because we like taking vengence out on flies. :evil:

haha i haven't even finished my GCSEs yet:biggrin: no i just like the sound of life at university

(but at GCSE age, surely you must have some sort of vague inkling as to which field you want to go into... e.g. arts, business, sciences, etc

I'm a third year student for biomedical sciences at QMUL.
What are you hoping to study/what are you studying? :smile:

Cool, and i want to do veterinary medicine, im a 2014 applicant :smile: i was interested because it sounded something similar to veterinary medicine - in a way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(but at GCSE age, surely you must have some sort of vague inkling as to which field you want to go into... e.g. arts, business, sciences, etc

yeah i guess i like biology, so i want to study something relating to it
Reply 2548
yeah i guess i like biology, so i want to study something relating to it

Like dentistry? Hehe

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2549
I'mmmmmmmaaaa go QMUL
Original post by Egos
Like dentistry? Hehe

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Haha yes:biggrin: but I like to keep my options open

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2551
Haha yes:biggrin: but I like to keep my options open

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you should. I mean there are many opportunities. Just be wise while choosing what to apply for because you will spend at least three years studying it. Plus, you are doing your GCSEs so you have plenty of time to make a decision.
Original post by sesrugeda
Cool, and i want to do veterinary medicine, im a 2014 applicant :smile: i was interested because it sounded something similar to veterinary medicine - in a way :smile:

Biomedical Sciences covers all aspects of human biology in a broad sense, so if you wanted a back up course for veterinary medicine, I would really recommend doing plain biology instead.

Original post by xxm
I'mmmmmmmaaaa go QMUL

:woo:
I'm leaving this year though :tongue:

London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine :love: I hope they accept me
Original post by xxm
I'mmmmmmmaaaa go QMUL

what course did you apply for?
Reply 2554
Biomedical Sciences covers all aspects of human biology in a broad sense, so if you wanted a back up course for veterinary medicine, I would really recommend doing plain biology instead.

:woo:
I'm leaving this year though :tongue:

London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine :love: I hope they accept me

What's it like? I don't know much about the Uni itself!
Reply 2555
Original post by naberbenbegum
what course did you apply for?

Tarih, sen? :tongue:
Reply 2556
Original post by xxm
Tarih, sen? :tongue:

Turkce konusan biri gorunce bir an sasirdim :biggrin:
Reply 2557
Original post by Egos
Turkce konusan biri gorunce bir an sasirdim :biggrin:

Hehehe :biggrin:
Reply 2558
Original post by xxm
Hehehe :biggrin:

King's College London'da tarih okuyan bir arkadasim var.
Original post by xxm
What's it like? I don't know much about the Uni itself!

It's nice. People are always saying bad things about the area because Mile End really doesn't look like the prettiest place in the world, but I don't mind it. It's urban london. I like that there's cheap food places everywhere. Once you get into the campus, it's very student friendly. We have lots of student coffee shops and large rooms for talking etc.

As for students, there's a lot less white middle class students than what you would expect from places like UCL, which sorta suits me. It often feels like 80% of the students are asian, but I think it'd be much less if you do history. There's also a Turkish society there which you might enjoy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest