The Student Room Group

Can you 'Cancel-Out' A Levels you take taken?

i am going to retake my AS grades in a different college where i will be taking different a levels, however i was just wondering will UCAS/ universitys see my previous grades which i have got in other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ibra456
i am going to retake my AS grades in a different college where i will be taking different a levels, however i was just wondering will UCAS/ universitys see my previous grades which i have got in other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you got higher than Us you have to declare them... at least that's what I was told :s-smilie: However most unis will only accept A levels done in a two year period, so although they will be on there, the unis probably won't even care!
Reply 2
Original post by NoManIsAnIsland
If you got higher than Us you have to declare them... at least that's what I was told :s-smilie: However most unis will only accept A levels done in a two year period, so although they will be on there, the unis probably won't even care!

What do you mean by 'declare' them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ibra456
What do you mean by 'declare' them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My apologies I should have been clearer, you need to write them on your UCAS form, that's all I meant by 'declare'. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by NoManIsAnIsland
My apologies I should have been clearer, you need to write them on your UCAS form, that's all I meant by 'declare'. :smile:

so what if you ask your college not to cash-in the grade? is that possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ibra456
so what if you ask your college not to cash-in the grade? is that possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't finish the year, then the grades won't be cashed... By that I mean you don't do the summer exams, but once you do them the grades will be cashed anyway, the school has no control over it... Well that's what our school said anyway! :wink:
Reply 6
Hi. Ucas hence uni's only see cashed in grades - they are not official until they are cashed in. School/college examination officers make the request for grades to be cashed in, either when they make an exam entry-enter you for an exam, by entering the "cash in" code at that time or they make the request after you receive your grades and are happy with them, you would then get a advanced subsidiary certificate, a lot of the time AS grades are left banked in this way until later. So it depends if they have been cashed in, you should receive a certificate for instance, if they have. You can always check I suppose and request that they not be cashed in

Quick Reply