The Student Room Group

Bf finally broke up with me and is refusing to hear me out

This weekend I was meant to spend the weekend with him.
We had just resolved our last breakup and things were back to normal.
I had been so excited, I even extended a week stays back at uni in complete isolation when everyone else had gone home just for it
I havent had a night out since January, the cause of our first breakup.

I had been back on track with my work and studies and things were looking up, in short I was happy again.

In the early hours of thursday morning I was tweeting with my friends, and sharing my excitement. I said stuff like fairly long dis r.ships heighten sexual anticipation and "bdsm weekend" all of which I promptly deleted because I didnt want people in my mentions the next morning
I was also teasing a photographer on there, saying he uses his occup to lure in the ladies and "stroke the p***" which is a euphemism

People texted my then bf saying how "ratchet" I was being and ref to my account which had most of the tweets deleted but the convo with the boy remained which he deemed as flirting and being slutty or w/e

He then sent me an email saying how hes ending it with me because i cant control myself and my "slut mentality keeps coming to the fore":confused: and that was part of our deal for it to stop etc

He has gotten the complete wrong end of the stick and isnt allowing me to explain
I have gotten all the people involved in the convo to contact him but he refuses to listen, hes blocked me so I have no way of contacting him.
I was lookin forward to this weekend so much I had so much planned and its all gone up in smoke because of what?
When I first heard I smashed up my uni window cos I was in such a state of disbelief and shock
I cant function, I cant stop thinking about it

The last response was him saying he wants nothing to do with me anymore because im a compulsive liar, i emb him, i have emotional issues that only app from peers can subside and he doesnt want to hear from me.

I just want to talk to him and say he got false info but he doesnt want to hear me out?
Just ended it with me just like that despite everything ive been through

Ive tried so long to get us back on track would I really jeop that a day before?

Please guys help me out here
Original post by Anonymous
This weekend I was meant to spend the weekend with him.
We had just resolved our last breakup and things were back to normal.
I had been so excited, I even extended a week stays back at uni in complete isolation when everyone else had gone home just for it
I havent had a night out since January, the cause of our first breakup.

I had been back on track with my work and studies and things were looking up, in short I was happy again.

In the early hours of thursday morning I was tweeting with my friends, and sharing my excitement. I said stuff like fairly long dis r.ships heighten sexual anticipation and "bdsm weekend" all of which I promptly deleted because I didnt want people in my mentions the next morning
I was also teasing a photographer on there, saying he uses his occup to lure in the ladies and "stroke the p***" which is a euphemism

People texted my then bf saying how "ratchet" I was being and ref to my account which had most of the tweets deleted but the convo with the boy remained which he deemed as flirting and being slutty or w/e

He then sent me an email saying how hes ending it with me because i cant control myself and my "slut mentality keeps coming to the fore":confused: and that was part of our deal for it to stop etc

He has gotten the complete wrong end of the stick and isnt allowing me to explain
I have gotten all the people involved in the convo to contact him but he refuses to listen, hes blocked me so I have no way of contacting him.
I was lookin forward to this weekend so much I had so much planned and its all gone up in smoke because of what?
When I first heard I smashed up my uni window cos I was in such a state of disbelief and shock
I cant function, I cant stop thinking about it

The last response was him saying he wants nothing to do with me anymore because im a compulsive liar, i emb him, i have emotional issues that only app from peers can subside and he doesnt want to hear from me.

I just want to talk to him and say he got false info but he doesnt want to hear me out?
Just ended it with me just like that despite everything ive been through

Ive tried so long to get us back on track would I really jeop that a day before?

Please guys help me out here

Maybe you shouldn't talk to guys on social networking sites where everyone can see your conversation; I'm not telling you to do this behind your bf/ex's back, definitely not, just that if he is sensitive about it then do it less.

All I really say is go to see him, don't tell him or anyone you will be seeing him, just turn up and write a letter before hand, if he refuses to talk to you don't force him to, just leave him the letter. Hopefully he will read it.

Hope it helps!
Sorry I know it is late! Just thought no one else had replied...
Reply 3
I'm talking from experience where my now ex-boyfriend used to get upset at me talking/going out with other people when we hadn't seen each other for a few months. I think he is just afraid that you're moving on basically and he's just the bit on the side now that it's a long distance relationship, however if you two have already broken up over things it sounds like he's just trying to find any excuse to end your relationship and so although you feel like you two have unfinished business it may be best to move on with your life and don't give him the satisfaction of you running to him. That's my opinion and I hope that whatever you chose to do your life gets better soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Why on earth would you flirt and tease with other men? :confused: Especially since you had only just resolved a fight about the very same thing recently? Also when your boyfriends friends can see? How did you think this was going to end? If you wanted attention, you should have been flirty and teasing with your boyfriend, not some random on Twitter.

It sounds like you need validation from others and by flirting with/teasing men you feel better about yourself and are in a good mood. You shouldn't need others to validate you to feel positive and in a good place. Also, you can't disrespect someone like you keep disrespecting your ex-boyfriend. Put yourself in his shoes; how would you feel if he kept doing this with other women?

Edit: Just seen how old this thread is. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BlackHawk
Why on earth would you flirt and tease with other men? :confused: Especially since you had only just resolved a fight about the very same thing recently? Also when your boyfriends friends can see? How did you think this was going to end? If you wanted attention, you should have been flirty and teasing with your boyfriend, not some random on Twitter.

It sounds like you need validation from others and by flirting with/teasing men you feel better about yourself and are in a good mood. You shouldn't need others to validate you to feel positive and in a good place. Also, you can't disrespect someone like you keep disrespecting your ex-boyfriend. Put yourself in his shoes; how would you feel if he kept doing this with other women?

Real talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
The fact that you've broken up before says something. He is half-arsed about the relationship, or at least not completely in love, which is why a smaller detail could push him over the edge to dump you again. The fact that he has cut all contact says something. Don't make yourself look desperate by trying to pursue more contact.

Also, what BlackHawk said +1

Also, read this:
http://www.therulesrevisited.com/2013/06/why-getting-him-back-wont-help.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending