The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Does anyone have any exam questions/materials to revise from?
I have the specimen papers/mark schemes but that's all. Theirs not much to revise from since this is the first time the exam is being sat. I really want to get a start on revision before it's too late.

Thanks!
Reply 201
Original post by Kill3er
Does anyone have any exam questions/materials to revise from?
I have the specimen papers/mark schemes but that's all. Theirs not much to revise from since this is the first time the exam is being sat. I really want to get a start on revision before it's too late.

Thanks!

Use end of topic questions on kerboodle/in the Nelson Thornes book.
Original post by Arshii
Hi guys I will be taking these exams in May too!
But, I dont know if can really get a A* overall... I really sucked at ISA's - especially the osmosis one for Biology... (37/50) On the other side I got 50/50 for chemistry!! :angry:
I will be retaking B1 in summer as I got a B in that exam... And in B2 exam I have an A :/ But, I don't know if can really get a A* in Biology overall because I need really high marks in B1 and B3! TOO MUCH WORK! :'(

You got around 80 UMS in your ISA which is fairly good :smile: , you just have to ensure you revise hard and well for the summer and you should be fine. I'm re sitting b1 as well :smile: if you need any help pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arshii
Hi guys I will be taking these exams in May too!
But, I dont know if can really get a A* overall... I really sucked at ISA's - especially the osmosis one for Biology... (37/50) On the other side I got 50/50 for chemistry!! :angry:
I will be retaking B1 in summer as I got a B in that exam... And in B2 exam I have an A :/ But, I don't know if can really get a A* in Biology overall because I need really high marks in B1 and B3! TOO MUCH WORK! :'(

also, well done you scored brilliantly in chemistry! 50/50 :eek:
Reply 204
Original post by Captain Anonymous
You got around 80 UMS in your ISA which is fairly good :smile: , you just have to ensure you revise hard and well for the summer and you should be fine. I'm re sitting b1 as well :smile: if you need any help pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully:biggrin: and yay! we can ask each other questions if needed !
And LOL! basically the teacher gave us all the answers and I was like an angel to her too :angel: ahaha

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm starting B3 revision tomorrow, planning on doing in-depth revison hopefully, i'll be done by thursday then i can go straight onto C3 :smile:
Original post by Arshii
Yeah hopefully:biggrin: and yay! we can ask each other questions if needed !

yeah that's exactly what i thought, when you going to start revising for B1 and how you going to revise? :wink:
Reply 207
yeah that's exactly what i thought, when you going to start revising for B1 and how you going to revise? :wink:

I've covered most of B1 already... So I'm pretty confident about that! :biggrin:
But, I'm starting tomorrow to make B1 revision notes just jotting the key points from my revision guide - the way I learn best...
After that I am basically going to start to practice LOADS and LOADS of questions.
What about you? :smile:
Original post by Arshii
I've covered most of B1 already... So I'm pretty confident about that! :biggrin:
But, I'm starting tomorrow to make B1 revision notes just jotting the key points from my revision guide - the way I learn best...
After that I am basically going to start to practice LOADS and LOADS of questions.
What about you? :smile:

Basically, the same :smile:, how far are you with B3,C3 and P3?
Reply 209
Basically, the same :smile:, how far are you with B3,C3 and P3?

Urm.. I have done most of B3 in December because I had a mock exam (so I'm pretty confident) but, need to go over it again which I am also starting tomorrow..
For, C3 I have almost completed - got 1 chapter left.. which I really struggle with :s-smilie:
Lastly, P3 there are only 3 chapters and I've done 1.5 chapters already :smile:
Original post by Arshii
Urm.. I have done most of B3 in December because I had a mock exam (so I'm pretty confident) but, need to go over it again which I am also starting tomorrow..
For, C3 I have almost completed - got 1 chapter left.. which I really struggle with :s-smilie:
Lastly, P3 there are only 3 chapters and I've done 1.5 chapters already :smile:

Oh okay :rolleyes:, i would've hopefully finished all of Unit 3's by the half term holidays end :tongue:
has anyone got the CGP papers for the seperate papers? ..... [h="1"]GCSE Extension Science AQA
Practice Papers - Higher [Paperback][/h]
Reply 212
Oh okay :rolleyes:, i would've hopefully finished all of Unit 3's by the half term holidays end :tongue:

yeah.. same target here :smile:
Reply 213
Original post by Farhan96
Use end of topic questions on kerboodle/in the Nelson Thornes book.

Don't have those resources :frown:
Reply 214
1 ISA, ALL of P3 and half of C3 and B3 to learn. Our school fails :L
I bloody hate ISAs! Does anyone know the grade boundaries (UMS terms) for them? Our teachers don't have a clue and I really want to know D:
Reply 216
Original post by Kill3er
Don't have those resources :frown:

B3 - End Of Unit Answers .docB3 - End Of Unit Questions.docC3 - End Of Unit Answers.docC3 - End Of Unit Questions.docP3 - End Of Unit Answers.docP3 - End Of Unit Questions.doc

I have these resources available to practice.. There's a separate file for the answers.. :smile:
(For some reason all the question files won't work on microsoft word :/ maybe they would for you but, try to open it with wordpad or something then hopefully it should work) :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by Arshii
B3 - End Of Unit Answers .docB3 - End Of Unit Questions.docC3 - End Of Unit Answers.docC3 - End Of Unit Questions.docP3 - End Of Unit Answers.docP3 - End Of Unit Questions.doc

I have these resources available to practice.. There's a separate file for the answers.. :smile:
(For some reason all the question files won't work on microsoft word :/ maybe they would for you but, try to open it with wordpad or something then hopefully it should work) :smile:

Thanks man :smile: Really appreciate it.
They work fine on word for me.
Reply 218
Hey guys, I just started Physics 3 and wanted to ask whether or not we need to learn how we make x-ray photographs like the process? Is there any chance of it coming up along with how CT scans work?

There's nothing on the specification but you can never be too sure
Started science revision today. Just realised that my school have taught me literally NOTHING!!! And for the member asking ISA boundaries if you go to page 7 or something I've wrote down what they're based on toughness and how others found them. I've got each raw mark converted to a UMS from a grade C to an A* I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending