The Student Room Group

Ladies - what's the weirdest and worst way a guy has approached you?

Says it all really. I'm not talking about weird and wonderful either. Just downright weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
An old man at a bus stop just singing an Indian song to me with no facial expression just waiting for me to react, with weird no blinking eye contact was quite freaky so I crossed the road and got the wrong bus
A man come up to me saying what a beautiful woman I was and offered to buy me a drink.

I guess that's not weird but i am a boy :teehee:
Train station when I was 17 and he was at least 30. I politely turned him down and he shouted in the middle of a crowded platform, "You must be a lesbian if you turn this down!"

I was absolutely mortified.

Also, 80 year old Yorkshire man at a bus stop: "I've never had a Welsh girlfriend. You can be my first."
Didn't know what to do so I ran into a shop.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
'You are so very handsome, do you want a pint?'
Reply 5
Walking back from tescos to my halls of residence ( about a ten minute walk) I had my headphones in so had no idea some guy was following me, he followed all the way up to the front door of the block I lived in, finally managed to get my attention and said he'd followed me all the way out of tesco's down here and could he take me out to dinner. I was a bit freaked out considering he was mid 30's and I was only 18 and that he'd followed me all the way to where I lived, got past the gates and all. I said no and just quickly ran down the corridor.
I work at Subway.

A junkie looking man came in and I asked him what he would like to order,
he said he was unfamiliar with Subway and needed some help.
I asked him what he liked (meaning ham, chicken, etc)
He replied with "I like the look of you".
I immediately just walked away.

The best part is he came back a few months later and tried the same routine again :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by Popppppy
I work at Subway.

The best part is he came back a few months later and tried the same routine again :rolleyes:

Lol the late night closing subways are the worst. Get some right weirdos in my local Subway, especially towards midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
walking back from uni a random guy came up behind me (didnt hear him because i was listening to music), and decided to hold my hand as i was walking, telling me that he'd never had a blonde girlfriend :no: he was like 30 :s-smilie: thank god i saw my friend ahead and ran away
Reply 9
A very old man (like 70 or 80) whistled, made a clicking sound with his tongue, winked at me, then offered me half of his cigarette, then had a coughing fit, then said, "I like 'em young."

We're now married and have 2.5 kids. :colondollar:

:s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
A man on the train sitting opposite me started to mouth the lyrics of a song by the band on my tshirt once. It wasn't even subtle, it was with actions, holding a pretend microphone.
Reply 11
Original post by Jlrxx
walking back from uni a random guy came up behind me (didnt hear him because i was listening to music), and decided to hold my hand as i was walking, telling me that he'd never had a blonde girlfriend :no: he was like 30 :s-smilie: thank god i saw my friend ahead and ran away

God, that guy needs reporting. Weirdo. Should have put a rape alarm in his ear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by datpiff
God, that guy needs reporting. Weirdo. Should have put a rape alarm in his ear

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was quite scary. I mean I've had guys approach me in the street before and it doesn't bother me, just point out my headphones and ignore them, but to actually grab hold of me really freaked me out. there are some weirdos out there :/ always walk with someone else now
Some guy followed me and my friend home from college once singing this

It was really creepy. He looked like a T Birds reject.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by chocolate buttons
Some guy followed me and my friend home from college once singing this

It was really creepy. He looked like a T Birds reject.

Haaa, you have to admire his determination.

I once got followed around on the London Underground by a very persistent young man who wanted to know where I was going and who I was waiting for. After panicking like hell that that tube journey could be my last one alive, I eventually managed to escape his luring by striking up conversation with a female passenger. Phew.
He cornered me in a nightclub, dropped a sulphurous fart that hurt my eyes then asked when I was going to leave with him :confused:
Reply 16
I'm glad that my experiences are not as bad as others on this thread.
The worst way was last Wednesday night. I was out with my friends at a club. So I'm walking to the bar some random guy, he must have been at least 40, decides to grab my waist and pull me towards him. I manage to break free and gave him daggers. Anyway latter that night I'm chatting to another man and the first man comes up and says I wouldn't bother with her she is obviously a lesbian.
It seems a common theme amongst these weird men is their overinflated sense of attractiveness.
Reply 17
Original post by Popppppy
I work at Subway.

I still can't order at subway, to this day.
Reply 18
It's not really approached me, more of a pervy customer, but I was working at the till and an old man was chatting to me while I put his items in a bag. He asked what I was planning on doing at uni and I said that I was thinking about doing Biology. Then he leaned in really close and said really quietly in my ear 'I could teach you a few things...' I just handed him his bag and started serving the next customer.
Some guy asked me if he could date my twin, except I don't have one.
It's not bad or anything, I just think it's plain weird!
I was like 'whuuut?! I don't even have a twin.' *confused*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending