The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Sutton Trust University Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheScientist_
I was thinking this too, but it is quite specific so I'm sure not many people will fit all the criteria so it might be okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I suppose :smile: thanks and good luck!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by BeccyW
You're right. I'm sure very few people fit the exact criteria. Are any of you going to any of the St. Andrews open days? :smile:

I'm not sure yet might go later on the year if it seems I might get the grades:smile: Do you know when they are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I'm not sure yet might go later on the year if it seems I might get the grades:smile: Do you know when they are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says on the website that the visiting days are: 13th March, 3rd April, 10th April and 17th April (all 2013). There is also a Faculty open day on 15th June 2013. You have to book in advance for all the open days and stuff though.

Maybe there will be some later on in the year, but it didn't mention any. :s-smilie:
Original post by BeccyW
It says on the website that the visiting days are: 13th March, 3rd April, 10th April and 17th April (all 2013). There is also a Faculty open day on 15th June 2013. You have to book in advance for all the open days and stuff though.

Maybe there will be some later on in the year, but it didn't mention any. :s-smilie:

Oh might need to go to one of those then it's just difficult to get to cause it's so far away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Oh might need to go to one of those then it's just difficult to get to cause it's so far away

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I'm going to one in April but it's going to take such a lot of time and money to get there so I really hope it's great!
Original post by BeccyW
I know! I'm going to one in April but it's going to take such a lot of time and money to get there so I really hope it's great!

Where abouts do you live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Where abouts do you live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

South-West England - so literally the complete opposite side of the UK! My mum is under the impression I want to go there just to get away from her. She's wrong, of course, but it is pretty much the furthest place I could have chosen!
Original post by BeccyW
South-West England - so literally the complete opposite side of the UK! My mum is under the impression I want to go there just to get away from her. She's wrong, of course, but it is pretty much the furthest place I could have chosen!

Haha wow that is far I live in the north west so it's not as bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Haha wow that is far I live in the north west so it's not as bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right - that's not quite so bad then! Have you applied to any other summer schools, or just St Andrews through the Sutton Trust?
Original post by BeccyW
Oh right - that's not quite so bad then! Have you applied to any other summer schools, or just St Andrews through the Sutton Trust?

Nope, I thought you could only apply to one? (Through the Sutton trust)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Yes, you can only apply to one through the Sutton Trust. Some universities do summer schools independently and stuff though, I think. :smile:
Original post by BeccyW
Yes, you can only apply to one through the Sutton Trust. Some universities do summer schools independently and stuff though, I think. :smile:

Oh yeah I was going to apply to eton but the application form was really long and I didn't think I'd get in. Have you applied to any others?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Oh yeah I was going to apply to eton but the application form was really long and I didn't think I'd get in. Have you applied to any others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also applied to the UNIQ one, one at Exeter, one at York and a Nuffield Foundation Summer Research placement. I'm was basically just thinking that my chance of getting into at least one would be higher if I applied to more! :colondollar: In theory, anyway! Have to wait and see!
Original post by BeccyW
I have also applied to the UNIQ one, one at Exeter, one at York and a Nuffield Foundation Summer Research placement. I'm was basically just thinking that my chance of getting into at least one would be higher if I applied to more! :colondollar: In theory, anyway! Have to wait and see!

Haha yes, hopefully. Which one do you most want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Haha yes, hopefully. Which one do you most want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not entirely sure. I think they'd all be helpful in different ways. I've been to Exeter University before, so maybe I'd prefer to go to somewhere else where I've not been. I'd be happy to get into any, really! :smile:
Original post by BeccyW

Posted from TSR Mobile

There'll be more visiting days in the next academic year in October and November. :smile:
Reply 36
I think they've begun sending out the emails. You had any luck?
Cannot describe how excited I am for this! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by BeccyW
I think they've begun sending out the emails. You had any luck?

No luck yet :/ Probably a rejection e-mail. :frown:
Reply 39
I've had nothing either. My friend's got in for Maths and Physics so she's really chuffed. I don't know why they're taking so long to tell us whether we've been rejected or not. I would just like the email now so I can stop thinking about it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending