The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbieastoria
The things I would do to matt smith... Just sayin

This is beautiful. :love:
Original post by Mess.
Even though I am more than happy with the last two companions due to the extreme eye candy, the series could probably do with a male one as a full time companion and absolutely zero women taking one of the two lead roles. Obviously this won't happen as the BBC would be accused of being polictically incorrect, sexist and/or the embodiment of evil but the 'bromance' genre is pretty huge right now and it could really switch up the dynamic.

To be honest going to a Doctor with a Jamie like companion would be a huge breath of fresh air for the series.

Would it be considered sexist? No if anything it will decrease the sexist content as the writers are failing to write most female companions (with the exception of Donna) as anything more three dimensional than 'she falls in love with the doctor'....
I think the concept was great but it wasn't put to it's full use.

The episode itself was alright, nothing special maybe introducing Clara three times was too much?

The leaf will be important somehow.

Overall glad it has started again, hoping the other episodes pick up the pace.
Who was everyone's favourite assistant/doctor?

Mine is David Tennant and my favourite assistant/companion is Donna!
Loved these two! XD
Original post by SciFiRory
last nights episode was awesome :biggrin: can't wait for next weeks!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Scienceisgood
Yeah, I noticed that too.
Thing is with The Doctor's assistants, they ALWAYS seem to miss something important.

Ok, so, what we know so far;

Clara is 24
She knew nothing about computers until the last episode
She has died twice and has lived through 3 lives
She is impossible
She likes coffee
On both occasions she has met the Doctor, she has died
She likes Souflets (however you spell it)
She is bisexual (or at least bi-curious going by her future self)

Can't think of anything else (what can we make from this)?

Technically she's now died 4 times in 3 episodes - she died twice in yesterday's! When she was zapped by the spoonhead each time her body died, though her soul didn't. I think 4 times in 3 episodes in approaching Rory territory :tongue:
Original post by redmoonrabbit
Ah I really like Clara, I think she will be a more interesting companion than Amy, to be honest.

Spoiler

Spoiler

On another note, great first episode and

Spoiler

Karen Gillan is flawless.
Reply 167
Original post by Scienceisgood
Who was everyone's favourite assistant/doctor?

Ecclestone and Rose without a doubt! Closely followed by Smith and Clara. She's already becoming an excellent companion.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Smith is my favourite doctor with Donna and Amy tied as favourite companions. Like Clara's potential though to be my favourite companion.
Reply 169
Original post by Malevolent
Smith is my favourite doctor with Donna and Amy tied as favourite companions. Like Clara's potential though to be my favourite companion.

This. All of this.
10 and Donna are my favourite duo. Donna is defs my favourite companion. All three of the doctors are my favourites at different points (for 10 and 11 it's their early days, for 9 it's his later days)
David Tennant is this best doctor ! But Matt smith is pretty good :smile: I love doctor who <3

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 172
The episode ending was boring though next episode looks good :smile:
Reply 173
Original post by greeneyedgirl
10 and Donna are my favourite duo. Donna is defs my favourite companion. All three of the doctors are my favourites at different points (for 10 and 11 it's their early days, for 9 it's his later days)

I think Tennant had the best acting and emotional range of the three, closely followed by Ecclestone. Smith is great at quirky, nerdy and fun but he is pretty terrible when it comes to expressing a further range of emotion, sadness and especially anger are far beyond him.

His acting when trying to be aggressive/angry riding the bike was hilarious! He looked like a quizzical cartoon character.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by elitepower
I think the concept was great but it wasn't put to it's full use.

The episode itself was alright, nothing special maybe introducing Clara three times was too much?

The leaf will be important somehow.

Overall glad it has started again, hoping the other episodes pick up the pace.

Can someone explain the leaf bit to me? He said why was there a leaf and she said something like "No, it was the first page" or something like that - what does that mean? And not in like an overarching plot ~meaning~ sense but just, why would she say it that way?
I think Ten is often going to seem the most popular because for most people our age, he was our first and main Doctor when we were young, and that impact never goes away. In a few year's time, most teenagers will have grown up knowing Eleven the best and will have the most fond memories of those companions and series.
Original post by Watch Key Phone
Can someone explain the leaf bit to me? He said why was there a leaf and she said something like "No, it was the first page" or something like that - what does that mean? And not in like an overarching plot ~meaning~ sense but just, why would she say it that way?

It is meantioned in some spoilers for next week.

Spoiler

Reply 177
Peter Davison and Tegan were my favourite pairing, closely followed by Jon Pertwee and Sarah-Jane Smith (Mainly because prior to SJS, the women were all helpless, she was the first to portray an independent female)

Clara got the number from a blonde girl who worked in a shop. JUST SAYING.
Oh dear god I hope not - I seriously hoped the end of season 4 would be it for Rose, given she got dragged back into it then. Move on - the ending there was just brilliant, great way to end connections with her for. good.

Quick Reply

Latest