The Student Room Group

Do you think I can use a Politics personal statement for something else?

Basically, I've seen that Social Policy at Bristol is in UCAS Extra. I have offers but I might decline them to go Bristol as I was hoping to get there through adjustment anyway. Do you think they'd accept my previous Politics statement for Social Policy? Or would I need a whole new one?
Although they're advertising as open for Extra you shouldn't apply ANYWHERE through extra without speaking to them first, confirming that they're still open for applications and that you are in with a good chance of an offer.

When you call to ask them about the above you can also ask them whether they would like you to send a new PS through directly as your current PS is tailored to politics.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Although they're advertising as open for Extra you shouldn't apply ANYWHERE through extra without speaking to them first, confirming that they're still open for applications and that you are in with a good chance of an offer.

When you call to ask them about the above you can also ask them whether they would like you to send a new PS through directly as your current PS is tailored to politics.

Do they allow people to send statements through separately?
Original post by millie-rose
Do they allow people to send statements through separately?

Some unis will some wont - that's why you need to ask them directly whether they will allow this in your case.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Some unis will some wont - that's why you need to ask them directly whether they will allow this in your case.

Oh crap I called up and they are closed for the easter :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by millie-rose
Oh crap I called up and they are closed for the easter :frown:

I'd use this time to write an alternative personal statement, just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending