The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I haven't started revising yet?

I'm going to start revising tomorrow and I just want to know if I can still get good grades. I know I should start revising earlier but I seriously don't have any motivation. Even though I did terrible in my January exams(D,E) I still don't do much till nearer the exam. I always feel like there's no point as i'm not very bright. And I know I need to revise now as I'm resitting exams too.
Well I haven't started if that helps. Best to crack on asap.

"Tomorrow" is my favourite word.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I think most people start properly at Easter so your definitely not alone. I have only really been doing a little here and there before Friday where I have really started working hard.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
It depends how many exam you have, I have 5 and started last wednesday and have already nearly completed the specification for F212, got F322 and G482 to go and hopefully it will take me two weeks to cover everything I need to know about my exams. With that being said I'll only have about 2 weeks until my Mechanics 1 Exam so hopefully that's enough time. Till the science exams I will be completing past papers.

I know people with 9 exams (retakes) that started straight after the January exams.

It depends on your revision technique, and how long it will take you to cover and know your topics. If you're resitting them all I presume you have 9 exams, for which I'd say, yes you have left it a bit late but you could always concentrate on the unit 2's more as they are worth more.
(edited 11 years ago)
I haven't started either. I'm panicking over the Art exam I'm right in the middle of.
We've been forced to make revision timetables and my timetable is mostly highlighted yellow.
Yellow= I have an excuse to not revise

Well at least I'm not the only one! :smile: Although I do plan on starting at some point this holiday.
Reply 5
Original post by Loiks94
It depends how many exam you have, I have 5 and started yesterday and have already nearly completed the specification for F212, got F322 and G482 to go and hopefully it will take me two weeks to cover everything I need to know about my exams. With that being said I'll only have about 2 weeks until my Mechanics 1 Exam so hopefully that's enough time. Till the science exams I will be completing past papers.

I know people with 9 exams (retakes) that started straight after the January exams.

It depends on your revision technique, and how long it will take you to cover and know your topics. If you're resitting them all I presume you have 9 exams, for which I'd say, yes you have left it a bit late but you could always concentrate on the unit 2's more as they are worth more.

Well, er, I've got 8.. and I'm pretty sure It will take me a while to go over the exams I'm resitting, but not as long for the other exams.
Reply 6
Original post by dippers
I'm going to start revising tomorrow and I just want to know if I can still get good grades. I know I should start revising earlier but I seriously don't have any motivation. Even though I did terrible in my January exams(D,E) I still don't do much till nearer the exam. I always feel like there's no point as i'm not very bright. And I know I need to revise now as I'm resitting exams too.

You're not the only one. I need to start properly tomorrow. What I tend to do first off is get my head around what I need to do if you get me.Like I never have a written timetable, I plan in my head or make a checklist.Because chances are you are not going to stick to a timetable because things come up...
Reply 7
Original post by dippers
Well, er, I've got 8.. and I'm pretty sure It will take me a while to go over the exams I'm resitting, but not as long for the other exams.

I've got 3 exams. All these people that are saying 8 and stuff...woah. But thing is I am not resitting and my exam subjects did consist of Coursework so.... (and I'm in A2)
Original post by dippers

Hmmm. well, you can't do anything about the past, but you can always make the present good to affect the future.

Personally yes, you should have started before, but even now if you ask others whether you could still achieve get good grades or if it's too late, you're only gonna make yourself panic more.

Just get stuck in and stick to it. Prepare a timetable for tomorrow what topics you wish to cover etc. and then that way you have a motive and objectives to complete. A step forward into completing your aim. :smile: Good luck.... Start making it NOW!
Reply 9
Original post by Kousar
You're not the only one. I need to start properly tomorrow. What I tend to do first off is get my head around what I need to do if you get me.Like I never have a written timetable, I plan in my head or make a checklist.Because chances are you are not going to stick to a timetable because things come up...

Just like me then! Starting some hardcore revision tomorrow guys!

Quick Reply

Latest