The Student Room Group

Oasis vs Blur

The clash of Britpop in the 90's! Which band is better and why? :music:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seen them both live, Blur were better, however I like more of Oasis's songs.
Blur. Oasis spend too much time dicking about and come across as pretentious knobheads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk
Reply 4
Oasis, but the La's/Stone Roses would've blown them away if they hadn't had their problems.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Oasis, but the La's/Stone Roses would've blown them away if they hadn't had their problems.

They did :confused:

Their debut is better than anything Oasis did.
Reply 6
Blur.

Never understood the Oasis worship really.
Reply 7
Original post by Wilfred Little
They did :confused:

Their debut is better than anything Oasis did.

Exactly. A lot of people today haven't heard of the Stone Roses but they can sing Wonderwall.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Exactly. A lot of people today haven't heard of the Stone Roses but they can sing Wonderwall.

I get what you're saying.
Reply 9
Your sig really hurts my eyes :redface:

My vote goes for Oasis since they still maintain several entries in my top 20 all time best records!

Never quite developed a taste for Blur.
Blur!
Liam Gallagher completely ruins Oasis :P
Blur, I think the fact that Damon Albarn is the vocals for Gorillaz kinda influences my decision a little :love:
Reply 12
In the last 2 years i've been getting more into Blur, before that it would have been Oasis.
Blur. Oasis have two good albums and a few additional great singles but Blur have consistently improved and Damon Albarn has shown he can do so much more than just front an indie band. Oasis and their later projects have churned out the same stuff for 20 years and it's boring.

Edit: Oops, cheated the system. Let's try again: Oasis = ugly, Alex James = beautiful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Blur. Oasis were too derivative and took themselves too seriously. Blur are proper artists..
Reply 15
Blur. Just my preference.
Both were pretty good in their prime. Oasis were complete ***** but their music was awesome.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
The clash of Britpop in the 90's! Which band is better and why? :music:

There's a group of guys building sand sculptures near my house, some of them are really impressive. Today on my way to Asda I noticed one of them has actually made an Oasis vs Blur Sculpture :ahee:
Oasis, purely because of Noel. But Blur were brilliant as well! They're both better than most of today's music:music:
Oasis were better but all their songs sound the same.

All of Blurs songs sound the same too saying that, although I haven't heard many of them.

If I'm honest I don't think either of them are, or have ever been, any good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending