The Student Room Group

Should I have started revision...Will my revision plan make up for lost time?

I am worried I haven't done any revision and my first AS exam is on 14 May 2013. I have been typing up notes from a condensed version of my history textbook I found on Get Revising for the past week (a chapter a day - 8 chapters); I finished that Friday. On Saturday I typed up some notes from my other history textbook for the chapters I couldn't find on Get Revising.

After Hawaii Five-0 I plan on completing the history notes and tomorrow I am going to notetake from my revision guide for politics. On Tuesday I start this revision plan:

08:00am - Wake up and all that jazz

08:30am - Watch TV (Frasier :tongue:)

09:30am - Revise English Literature (EXAM DATE - 17 MAY 2013) (Note take from textbook, read some essays online, print off and annotate SparkNotes, attempt to memorise as many quotes as possible, past paper practice (Target: 4 past questions before end of Easter - exam conditions))

11:00am - Break

11:15am - Revise Politics Unit 1 (EXAM DATE - 17 MAY 2013) (Condense class notes, highlight notes, mind maps, read handouts given in class, practice past papers (Target: 2 full past exams - exam conditions - before end of Easter)

12:45pm - Lunch

13:15pm - Revise History Unit 1 (EXAM DATE - 14 MAY 2013) (Go from beginning of syllabus revise 1890-1900, 1900-1910, 1910-1920, 1920-30, 1930-45 in depth, mind maps, key figures, kinaesthetic tasks (paper cut outs of alphabet agencies), past questions (Target 2 past questions - did loads in class so don't need to do as much)

14:45pm
- Revise Politics Unit 2 (EXAM DATE - 23 MAY 2013) (Same as Unit 1 - Same question targets)

16:15pm
- Break

16:30pm
- Revise History Unit 2 (EXAM DATE - 22 MAY 2013) (Same as Unit 1 - Same question targets, however 2 extra for sources. Practice source skills on top of knowledge, etc.)

18:00pm
- Tea and watch news (for political knowledge for exam knowledge in politics)

19:00pm - Bath, etc.

19:30pm - Watch TV

20:30pm
- Go back over things studied today, revise from flash cards, make own flash cards, test quotes knowledge, make resources for Get Revising, read chapter of revision guides

22:00pm - Finish

23:30pm
- Go to bed

REPEAT EVERYDAY

I want to get AAA, I am sacrificing my social life for grades... Should I have started already, and is 6 weeks of intense revision enough to get AAA. I am aiming for Oxford, but it's unlikely as I only take 3 ASes and an EPQ... Exeter/York/Edinburgh/UEA are my other choices for History and Politics.

Is my revision plan good as well?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by specter.harvey
I am worried I haven't done any revision and my first AS exam is on 14 May 2013. I have been typing up notes from a condensed version of my history textbook I found on Get Revising for the past week (a chapter a day - 8 chapters); I finished that Friday. On Saturday I typed up some notes from my other history textbook for the chapters I couldn't find on Get Revising.

After Hawaii Five-0 I plan on completing the history notes and tomorrow I am going to notetake from my revision guide for politics. On Tuesday I start this revision plan:

08:00am - Wake up and all that jazz

08:30am - Watch TV (Frasier :tongue:)

09:30am - Revise English Literature (EXAM DATE - 17 MAY 2013) (Note take from textbook, read some essays online, print off and annotate SparkNotes, attempt to memorise as many quotes as possible, past paper practice (Target: 4 past questions before end of Easter - exam conditions))

11:00am - Break

11:15am - Revise Politics Unit 1 (EXAM DATE - 17 MAY 2013) (Condense class notes, highlight notes, mind maps, read handouts given in class, practice past papers (Target: 2 full past exams - exam conditions - before end of Easter)

12:45pm - Lunch

13:15pm - Revise History Unit 1 (EXAM DATE - 14 MAY 2013) (Go from beginning of syllabus revise 1890-1900, 1900-1910, 1910-1920, 1920-30, 1930-45 in depth, mind maps, key figures, kinaesthetic tasks (paper cut outs of alphabet agencies), past questions (Target 2 past questions - did loads in class so don't need to do as much)

14:45pm
- Revise Politics Unit 2 (EXAM DATE - 23 MAY 2013) (Same as Unit 1 - Same question targets)

16:15pm
- Break

16:30pm
- Revise History Unit 2 (EXAM DATE - 22 MAY 2013) (Same as Unit 1 - Same question targets, however 2 extra for sources. Practice source skills on top of knowledge, etc.)

18:00pm
- Tea and watch news (for political knowledge for exam knowledge in politics)

19:00pm - Bath, etc.

19:30pm - Watch TV

20:30pm
- Go back over things studied today, revise from flash cards, make own flash cards, test quotes knowledge, make resources for Get Revising, read chapter of revision guides

22:00pm - Finish

23:30pm
- Go to bed

REPEAT EVERYDAY

I want to get AAA, I am sacrificing my social life for grades... Should I have started already, and is 6 weeks of intense revision enough to get AAA. I am aiming for Oxford, but it's unlikely as I only take 3 ASes and an EPQ... Exeter/York/Edinburgh/UEA are my other choices for History and Politics.

Is my revision plan good as well?

Thanks

Very keen - Good luck sticking to it. :tongue: If you do, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by joostan
Very keen - Good luck sticking to it. :tongue: If you do, you'll be fine :smile:

It will certainly be a challenge!
Bet ya wish you had the memory of Mike Ross now ehh Harvey?
Reply 4
Original post by Miracle Day
Bet ya wish you had the memory of Mike Ross now ehh Harvey?

Haha! Very true. I do have a photographic memory, however not as good as Mike's :frown:
Reply 5
Bump
Haha! Very true. I do have a photographic memory, however not as good as Mike's :frown:

Surely a photographic memory would mean 6 weeks is more than enough even with minimal revision? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft
Surely a photographic memory would mean 6 weeks is more than enough even with minimal revision? :s-smilie:

I have an average photographic memory, can remember 70% of what I see? Is that even a photographic memory though? :tongue: Blah!
That seems pretty intense, you should probably try something a bit more manageable so you won't go mental in a week. I mean I missed about 2-3 months of college before my AS exams due to illness and with 3-4 hours a day for a couple of weeks before the exams I managed to catch up and revise. I got 5 As and hold an offer from Oxford (A*AA) and will probably not work as hard as your plan for my A2 exams (I have 8 :/) but I couldn't spend that much time revising because I have a baby so if I had more free time I might.

Relax a bit more, work from the spec and past papers, know the bits you are weak on and make time to go out with your friends and chill properly, maybe take a day or two off a week and stick to the timetable for the other days. I'm sure you'll do well, just don't burn yourself out so you have a breakdown before the exams.
I have an average photographic memory, can remember 70% of what I see? Is that even a photographic memory though? :tongue: Blah!

Ah i have a similar memory :P I dont think i have a photographic memory just a good one :P omes in real handy for content heavy subjects like Biology xD And hopefully next year for Law :biggrin:
Looks like you've organised yourself pretty well, I'm sure you'll do fine, and become New York's best and most badass lawyer like Harvey Specter (had to put something to do with it in there.. no matter how corny :smile:)!
Original post by Bonoahx
Looks like you've organised yourself pretty well, I'm sure you'll do fine, and become New York's best and most badass lawyer like Harvey Specter (had to put something to do with it in there.. no matter how corny :smile:)!

Very droll! It's surprising how popular Suits is considering it's on Dave :tongue:
Very droll! It's surprising how popular Suits is considering it's on Dave :tongue:

Well, it is about commercial lawyers in what I presume is meant to be one of the best firms in America. Replace America with Britain and you get what most of TSR want to be!

It's a fantastic show, nevertheless. Anyway, good luck with your revision.

Quick Reply

Latest