The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Can someone please give us at least some hints for silver? Since it seems like a huge number of people are stuck on it, its really tedious, and to be honest, i want to get to the real chemistry.. :/
Original post by Silverland
1 hour and still on silver

I feel a pitiful 'chemist' right now

i got the answer when i reversed the temp conversion divide instead of multiply or something 0.33
Original post by superchemfreak
hey guys im a girl 16 in london...could anyone give me the answer to silver when they get it and you get my number...im desperate to get into cambridge

This is just a little quiz, it has no direct ramifications.
how is silver meant to be written out, what sort of decimal places and things does it accept?
Okay, let's get on the same page. I'm converting from J K-1 mol-1 to the answer, but let's assume R is 1 and multiply by 8.314 at the end.

1 BOE is 1.64*10^-10 J

A leap of 1 degree Newton is 3.03 degrees kelvin, or 100/33

1 Glbmol is 454*10^9 moles, roughly

So now what do we divide and what do we multiply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llewellyn
This is just a little quiz, it has no direct ramifications.

What do you mean? It's well-known that Cambridge admissions tutors value googling skill over interview performance and AS UMS put together when they put all of the variables into their magic "in-or-out" formula...
Original post by Snakefingers13
Okay, let's get on the same page. I'm converting from J K-1 mol-1 to the answer, but let's assume R is 1 and multiply by 8.314 at the end.

1 joule is 1.64*10^-10 BOE

A leap of 1 degree Newton is 3.03 degrees kelvin, or 100/33

1 Glbmol is 454*10^9 moles, roughly

So now what do we divide and what do we multiply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
silver is already starting to annoy me and this month has barely even started yet... anyone got any useful tips or anything?
At times like these it makes we want to quit the pursuit of knowledge. C3L6 is just too depressing for me. Trying everything for it all to fail :x
Gold :'(

EDIT: It's not even that bad, my brain is just fried after Silver :frown:
:dong: Silver is so hard!!
Rg is evil..
But I'm off to bed now - night guys.
Original post by DavidH20
Rg is evil..

maaaate give us the answer to silver this is so booorrrinngg
Reply 1414
Original post by RhiannonEdmunds
Gold :'(

EDIT: It's not even that bad, my brain is just fried after Silver :frown:

Its not? my brains too fried to deal with it, i cant even work out what the bloody thing is made out of :'(
Original post by Blayney
Its not? my brains too fried to deal with it, i cant even work out what the bloody thing is made out of :'(

whats the answer to silver please help me i keep on getting the wrong answer
Alright, Silver, you're beyond a joke now, the maths works, you aren't accepting anything, I'm annoyed.

If anyone wants to take pity on a kindly old chemist and PM him how to get the answer, I'll help y'all on gold and Rg when I get there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silverland
At times like these it makes we want to quit the pursuit of knowledge. C3L6 is just too depressing for me. Trying everything for it all to fail :x

any ideas for silver?
Reply 1418
Original post by superchemfreak
whats the answer to silver please help me i keep on getting the wrong answer

i cant tell you the answer but by now you shouldve come up with quite a few numbers for converting things, you just need to use them in the right way.. just keep trying things, and you shouldnt get a horrible number as a result..
Reply 1419
Original post by DavidH20
But I'm off to bed now - night guys.

I'm on Rg. Any hints before you go?

Quick Reply

Latest