The Student Room Group

interview documents

I'm going for an interview tomorrow and i've been asked to bring a bank statement for proof of address, but i don't get bank statements through the post anymore, is the paper counterpart of my driving licence acceptable for proof of address?
Original post by deedee123
I'm going for an interview tomorrow and i've been asked to bring a bank statement for proof of address, but i don't get bank statements through the post anymore, is the paper counterpart of my driving licence acceptable for proof of address?

Usually not.

They should accept a recent utility bill, council tax bill or letter from an official government body such as DWP.
Reply 2
Original post by ExWunderkind
Usually not.

They should accept a recent utility bill, council tax bill or letter from an official government body such as DWP.

well the DVLA are an official government body are they not? I have a letter from HM revenue & customs as well, surely that's good enough.
well the DVLA are an official government body are they not? I have a letter from HM revenue & customs as well, surely that's good enough.

Yeah, you would think so, but in all the years I've ever had to prove my address, my driving licence has not been suffice. I believe it's because it has to be dated within the last 3 months, just to prove you still live there; although it is an offence to have your address out of date on your licence.
Reply 4
Original post by ExWunderkind
Yeah, you would think so, but in all the years I've ever had to prove my address, my driving licence has not been suffice. I believe it's because it has to be dated within the last 3 months, just to prove you still live there; although it is an offence to have your address out of date on your licence.

oh right, i read somewhere that an official university acceptance letter is acceptable so i'll bring both.
Reply 5
Can get a copy from your bank if you need one.
Worth taking a HM letter some companies accept some dont

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by s4mm13
Can get a copy from your bank if you need one.
Worth taking a HM letter some companies accept some dont

Posted from TSR Mobile

i need it for tomorrow though, i'm sure what i have will be fine, it's been fine for every other interview i've had.
Reply 7
i need it for tomorrow though, i'm sure what i have will be fine, it's been fine for every other interview i've had.

Some can give them over the counter. If you bank with barclays you can print from their machines.
Good luck for tomorrow though :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending