The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow School of Art Offer Holders/Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babsiloi
thanks for your answer...I did this now, withdrawing from the other 2 unis that I hadn't had an answer from yet. (on top of it they -RGU and DJCAD - were really complicated in organisation...sending me multiple emails from various different addresses to ask for my portfolio...). the only other question that remains for me now is: as GSA is an unconditional offer for me, what do I reply? on UCAS they let me choose between 'firm' and 'insurance', but if I understood correctly it's firm anyway, no? and also: I am still waiting for an answer from a university in the netherlands...can I anyway firm GSA even if in the end I decide for the school in the Netherlands (not likely :wink: but I have to ask this...)...or is 'firming' an offer also connected with for instance a commitment to pay the coursefees? (hope my question makes sense :colondollar:)

hello peter!!! nice meeting you here and having a 3rd person in the FAP team :smile: ...congratulations on your different offers! as I haven't been in Glasgow or to the school yet, I don't have many very convincing details to share with you, sorry...the only thing worth considering for me would be that coming to Europe would maybe be an extra challenge that could have an interesting effect on your artistic development...(if I understood correctly you are American, no?)...then again, I don't know anything about your life, so maybe that's a very vast guess...
but for me personally I feel this way...you could say that the fact of 'keeping moving' boosts my creativity :smile:

and hello lilly! (if that's your name) happy to meet another german-speaker :wink: I am from Austria (but living in France) and I guess I will also look into flatsharing...I am not so attracted to halls...I did already do some research on the housing, if you want I could send you some of the links I found (maybe in PM?)

Oh yes, that would be very nice, if you could sent me some links :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hey everyone! I finalised my offers on UCAS the other day, and put GSA as my insurance choice, seems likely I'll be there in September though :P Architecture applicant here btw, I just want to join in in the mix :biggrin:
erm..hi :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 103
Original post by callumyoung-.-
erm..hi :smile::smile::smile:

eheheheh callum i c u (;
Reply 104
Just been checking on my ucas stuff and read the letter that came with my offer, and it says 'Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Photography, W640; starting in October 2013at point of entry 1.' when the course starting date on Track says 01-Sept-2013...has anyone else noticed this? I'm pretty sure the course starts on September 1st but I'm a bit worried how they're different (probably for no reason at all, but still!) :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Em35
Just been checking on my ucas stuff and read the letter that came with my offer, and it says 'Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Photography, W640; starting in October 2013at point of entry 1.' when the course starting date on Track says 01-Sept-2013...has anyone else noticed this? I'm pretty sure the course starts on September 1st but I'm a bit worried how they're different (probably for no reason at all, but still!) :smile:

This is what mine says Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Architecture, K100; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.

Hope this helps in some way?? A quick phone call usually clarifies everything :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by Em35

I'm the same as blackcurls, mine says:

Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Painting/Printmaking, W120; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.

Maybe refresh the letter or phone UCAS? Pretty sure all the courses at GSA start on September 1st...
Reply 107
Original post by blackcurls
This is what mine says Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Architecture, K100; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.

Hope this helps in some way?? A quick phone call usually clarifies everything :smile:

I think yours is correct then! I hope there's no problem - I've been worried they made a mistake offering me a place instead of a rejection, and it's not helped by my conditions being BCC where as everyone else's are ABB. I'll probably email them on Tuesday since I've already firmed so I guess there's not too much rush...thank you for your help! :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by napoleons
I'm the same as blackcurls, mine says:

Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Painting/Printmaking, W120; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.

Maybe refresh the letter or phone UCAS? Pretty sure all the courses at GSA start on September 1st...

Hmmm this is a bit strange! I never noticed it when I've read the letter before (and believe me that's been A LOT hahaha) and I'm one to notice little things like that! The list with all my offers on it says 01-Sep-2013 and then there's this when I go to the course details...(format isn't working oops)
...It's just on the decision letter where October is mentioned :s-smilie: I will email them soon, and if I get no reply, give them a ring, just to check! Thanks for your help! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 109
Panic over, it's changed after fully logging out and back in... 'Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Photography, W640; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.' Phew! Not sure what that was about UCAS, but you had me worried haha! :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Em35
Panic over, it's changed after fully logging out and back in... 'Congratulations; The Glasgow School of Art has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Fine Art - Photography, W640; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.' Phew! Not sure what that was about UCAS, but you had me worried haha! :smile:

Good to hear everything's well!

Well at least we know now what the source of this problem is if somebody else has the same thing happening to them!
Just to let you all know, I've created a Facebook group for everyone starting at GSA this year.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/494763117239821/

Theres already a few of us on it. Come introduce yourselves, say what your studying.
Reply 112
Original post by Androo McMenemy
Just to let you all know, I've created a Facebook group for everyone starting at GSA this year.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/494763117239821/

Theres already a few of us on it. Come introduce yourselves, say what your studying.

thank you!!! just joined the group...well, I guess you still have to 'accept my request' :smile:
Reply 113
So happy that this thread is here! I've also just sent a request for the Facebook group.

Well done to everyone getting in!!

I firmed my unconditional offer for Fashion Design. I'm 17 (18 in July) and from Ayrshire!

So I have a question; has anyone thought about potentially getting involved with Glasgow Uni societies and groups? A few people have told me that although GSA students can join the uni's societies and groups - many don't. I mean we've got a long time to think about it; so i'm really just being curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
[QUOTE=
So I have a question; has anyone thought about potentially getting involved with Glasgow Uni societies and groups? A few people have told me that although GSA students can join the uni's societies and groups - many don't. I mean we've got a long time to think about it; so i'm really just being curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to sign up to the university societies and in particular, sport clubs. I think it will be a good way to keep you mixed with other students who are not only studying art!
Reply 115
I definitely agree! I'm really interested in the sports groups aswell.
I think it's good to meet people and get a combination experience of learning at art school but not missing out on 'uni' activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by Mimiii
So happy that this thread is here! I've also just sent a request for the Facebook group.

Well done to everyone getting in!!

I firmed my unconditional offer for Fashion Design. I'm 17 (18 in July) and from Ayrshire!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, congrats on your unconditional into fashion! I'll add you onto the list. (:
I'm 17 as well but I'll be studying Painting.
I actually didn't know GSA students were able to join Glasgow Uni's societies and groups, but now that you've said it, I'll definitely be looking into it.

Original post by rlhobkirk
I really want to sign up to the university societies and in particular, sport clubs. I think it will be a good way to keep you mixed with other students who are not only studying art!

Original post by Mimiii
I definitely agree! I'm really interested in the sports groups aswell.
I think it's good to meet people and get a combination experience of learning at art school but not missing out on 'uni' activities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I'm agreeing with you both on the sports' aspect!

Any idea where to find the societies and groups available?
Reply 117
Original post by napoleons
Hey, congrats on your unconditional into fashion! I'll add you onto the list. (:
I'm 17 as well but I'll be studying Painting.
I actually didn't know GSA students were able to join Glasgow Uni's societies and groups, but now that you've said it, I'll definitely be looking into it.

And I'm agreeing with you both on the sports' aspect

Any idea where to find the societies and groups available?

This is a full list of society's and groups: http://www.glasgowstudent.net/clubs/

The triathalon club looks good!
And there's also a really good poker society (although I don't know how to play poker...)

Also here is a great article written by a GSA student last year:
http://www.glasgowuniversitymagazine.co.uk/events/gsa-and-gu-a-love-story/

And very well done into getting into p+p! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
*posting trouble sorry*
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
Just sent a request to join the group :smile:
About the groups and societies, does anyone know if the sports facilities or even just the gym at Glasgow uni are open to us? Read on Which? that they no longer were, hopefully that's incorrect though! Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending