The Student Room Group

Health and social care VS Health science.. Someone help please!!!

http://www.ncl-coll.ac.uk/courses/504/btec-level-3-diploma-health-and-social-care

http://www.ncl-coll.ac.uk/courses/695/btec-level-3-extended-diploma-health-science

There are the two separate courses. My end goal is to be a paramedic. I have a C in science, however i have a very slight weak spot in chemistry. I have acknowledged this and I am working to get better at it.

Which course would be more beneficial for me?

Many thanks, dan.
Reply 1
IMO health and social care sounds more interesting and varied... maybe you should try talking to a career guidance officer at the college and ask for advice .

anywayz good luck!
Reply 2
Id say health science if you want to be a paramedic. It will probably focus more on anatomy and things like that compared to health and social :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. :smile::smile::smile:
I do health and social care, so to be a paramedic I'd say health science
Reply 5
Original post by Maiaanastasia
I do health and social care, so to be a paramedic I'd say health science

Yeah so do I and I have to agree. Health and social is great if you way to be a nurse, because it has more care in it. Health science seems more relevant to be a paramedic because of the science.
Original post by lucyab
Yeah so do I and I have to agree. Health and social is great if you way to be a nurse, because it has more care in it. Health science seems more relevant to be a paramedic because of the science.

Yeah it's also really good for teaching, which is what I may be studying! I think you'll be best of with the sciencey course
Reply 7
Original post by Maiaanastasia
Yeah it's also really good for teaching, which is what I may be studying! I think you'll be best of with the sciencey course

I'm coming to the end of an access to HE diploma course in health science to become a paramedic... so, yeah, go for health science! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by holax
I'm coming to the end of an access to HE diploma course in health science to become a paramedic... so, yeah, go for health science! :biggrin:

Thank you very much!! Could i private message you to get some more info??
:biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Dan7744
Thank you very much!! Could i private message you to get some more info??
:biggrin:

Yeah, sure :smile:
I do Health and Social Care Level 3 and I think you should probably go with Health Science if you want to be a paramedic :smile:!
But if you want more guidance, try speaking to connexions and see what they think :smile:!
Reply 11
I have almost finished my BTEC extended diploma in health and social care (Health Sciences.) Definitely go for health sciences if you want to do any medical related course. I've just been accepted onto a nursing degree along with the majority of my class who all applied for health related degrees (including paramedic sciences.) Your science weakness shouldn't be a problem at all, its all been pretty basic science and the science unit assignments have been more biology and health care related, and all related to what you would be applying for :smile: If you need any more info feel free to message me

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I want to become a dental nurse but I don’t know which course is better health and social or science??

Quick Reply

Latest