The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Don't united want a destroyer in the middle not really a Thiago type player?

Hmm, tbh they could do with both. I guess anderson is leaving which will leave cleverley as the only creator in that CM position(unless you want kagawa there). They need a destroyer since fletcher has got the injuries and tbh when fit they could still do better(i'd have pogba there than fletcher as pogba has more ability on the ball to boot) they do fine with carrick and another creator though and seem to be able to control games.

Jones seems to be a decent playbreaker too but doesn't have good ability on the ball though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Very true.
Could someone explain why the alleged song about burning the Ferdinand's is racist?

I think we can agree that it would distasteful and etc but why is it racist and why would it be any different if they used the Neville brothers insteaed?
Original post by DorianGrayism
Could someone explain why the alleged song about burning the Ferdinand's is racist?

I think we can agree that it would distasteful and etc but why is it racist and why would it be any different if they used the Neville brothers insteaed?

You watched the news over the past two years. The terry case. It's kind of obvious why it's racist. Or the fact that anton ferdinand has nothing to do with england as he's not good enough yet is in the chants. Definitely racist undertones.
Original post by jam277
You watched the news over the past two years. The terry case. It's kind of obvious why it's racist. Or the fact that anton ferdinand has nothing to do with england as he's not good enough yet is in the chants. Definitely racist undertones.

Well, that doesn't make it racist. If a Chelsea fan doesn't like A Ferdinand, then they can't sing about him?
It's not overtly racist but it has the undertones there.

There wasn't any reason to sing about Anton Ferdinand, he's never been called up to play for England, never mind get on the field. No reason to sing about him.

This article shows the intensity and undertones of the words used and why it's horrible.
Reply 2266
what channels the chelsea game on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brainiac
what channels the chelsea game on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ITV1
Crap starting 11, crap performances, crap sub decisions.

Deserved to go out.

Stop playing Valencia, i just don't understand how he still plays, i just don't
Pathetic performance
**** sake, perfect opportunity to win the fa cup... And semi final with city at wembley...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Tommyjw
Crap starting 11, crap performances, crap sub decisions.

Deserved to go out.

Stop playing Valencia, i just don't understand how he still plays, i just don't

Who should play instead of him? There aren't any great alternatives.
Fairly standard United performance. The misplaced passes, the poor distribution from the back. The main shocker was Young coming on and looking like our most useful player.
Just the match in a weeks time to look forward to now, and our celebration in the last home game.

We always come back stronger the second season after regaining the title.
Reply 2274
Van persie has missed really good opportunities in the games against Madrid and Chelsea, he has lost all his form since Feb and it has cost us, world class strikers have to bury those, disappointed with him as he set the bar so high for the first 5 months.
To be honest I do not understand why Young did not start.
At least Van Persie won us the league before he turned to ****
Well that wasn't nice to watch. Although, Welbeck was amazing and Valencia is a better RB than winger and Young did well when he came on. There was no effort and we reaaaaallyyyyyyyy neeeeeeeeed another midfielder. I think we missed Rooney today
Original post by DaveSmith99
At least Van Persie won us the league before he turned to ****

After 8 years playing for Arsenal, he's used to his season ending in March.
Original post by rohitbd
Van persie has missed really good opportunities in the games against Madrid and Chelsea, he has lost all his form since Feb and it has cost us, world class strikers have to bury those, disappointed with him as he set the bar so high for the first 5 months.

Hernandez should have buried his chance too.

Latest