The Student Room Group

BREAKING - Pork DNA Found in Halal Chicken at School...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farm_Ecology
I find that study highly suspect. I can find no mention of it outside of Islamic Websites, and I can find no trace of the original german article (outside of islamic websites). And finally, the supposed study is not listed on Wilhelm Schulze's list of publications.

I could not find the actual study either; nor could I find it out with Islamic websites...
Original post by sophmay
Do you not only protect the practice of halal because you are Muslim? As in, you don't care about their welfare either?

I have Muslim friends. I also am doing a Masters in Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law. So I think I most definitely care about their welfare...

Okay cba with this anymore (and NO im not accepting defeat)

P.S. may i add, im not even watching this thread anymore...:cool:
no hard feelings sophmay!!
Original post by Cattty
karma for eating animals slaughtered by an inhumane method?

F**k them. If they don't like it, they can go and live in Saudi Arabia.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sophmay
While I don't like de-beaking I think the alternative can be worse. Even if chickens have enough enrichment and stimulation they can still feather peck and this can be terribly painful.
Why were you advised against it?! I think it's great that people take an interest and those that do are not all crazy animal rights extremists.
I'm vegetarian but it's a difficult thing because opting out of buying meat altogether has no effect on the way meat is produced. You make more of an impact changing to more ethically farmed meat. But I can't bring myself to eat them unfortunately.

Of course , the point I was making is many people have a free range 'image' in their heads that I very much doubt includes having their beak cut off.
I think the university had no lecturers or exam markers that would have any clue how to mark the paper-none were experienced in it.
If I was to begin to buy organic meat, I would be another person giving a message that I think eating animals for entertainment is okay. And I don't agree with that message.
Reply 144
Don't mean to sound bigoted, but frankly who cares? Meat is nutrition, protein constituting of essential amino acids we need to survive. Processed products are bad for you anyway, but nevertheless I'm sick of all this pandering to muslims that councils in London feel the need to do. There will only be a backlash if the council apologises as Muslims see this as a weakness.

Not to mention the fact that in the Quran, if you have an honest belief that something is halal or there are no available alternatives that you have done nothing wrong or contrary to Islam; this means there are no reasons why the said muslim community should be offended or angry if something is being done about it.

But regardless, I'll try not to turn this into a rant about how a religion 200 years behind the times uses barbaric slaughter methods. Humans should be more civilised in the way they treat their food source, religion and culture is not an excuse. On the flipside however, non halal meat is often sourced from animals that arn't treated very well, but nonetheless more humanely than outrightwardly removing their heads whilst they are alive under the false pretext of going to heaven (which seems like a rather selfish endeavor).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by QuentinMids

Rated.

Just top opening Halal shops everywhere please.
Don't act like if I opened up a non-Halal shop in Pakistan I wouldn't get shot.
In the same way, keep your own shops to your own country

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by anonymouse01
Rated.

Posted from TSR iPad

Wow, way to miss the point, guys.
Rated.

Posted from TSR iPad

Actually you wouldn't get shot.
I think the point was that it was horse meat, not the fact it wasn't halal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149

Rated.

Posted from TSR iPad

Struggling to decide which one of these is the most ignorant and downright ****ing stupid post to ever be made on this forum.
Original post by S4LM4N
Struggling to decide which one of these is the most ignorant and downright ****ing stupid post to ever be made on this forum.

I didn't see what was wrong with my post

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 151
I didn't see what was wrong with my post

Posted from TSR iPad

Islam isn't a race, it's a religion. Should white Muslims 'go back' to Pakistan as well?
Original post by S4LM4N
Islam isn't a race, it's a religion. Should white Muslims 'go back' to Pakistan as well?

No, Iran

Problem solved

Posted from TSR iPad
Usually the percentages are so tiny in these cases, it's near-enough none-existent.

I'm sure Allah will spare them, it's not as if they knew.
Original post by HomoSapiensSap
Link: http://news.sky.com/story/1064670/pork-dna-found-in-halal-chicken-at-school

Wow, this is really widespread!

Consumer trust has been beaten and broken. Frankly, this is outrageous.

But, will there be a backlash? Surely this is most outrageous to Muslims? What do you think?

I'll tell you what I think. I think it's good. We are deceived into eating halal meat everywhere we go - so surely it's payback. Your religion is twisted. You won't eat pork yet you'd stone a gay to death? WTAF
Why would all-powerful Allah give two ****s if you've had a bit of pork when you weren't aware of it? It's not exactly a sin if you didn't know, just offer a prayer and I'm sure it'll all be dandy.

(not that you really have to worry)
Original post by ACunningham
x

Hypocrisy is rife in Islam; up in arms about a tiny bit of pork they didn't realise was there, but it's fine to go and destroy their bodies by smoking and so forth which is also prohibited. Absolute logic!
Original post by MJK91
Hypocrisy is rife in Islam; up in arms about a tiny bit of pork they didn't realise was there, but it's fine to go and destroy their bodies by smoking and so forth which is also prohibited. Absolute logic!

Disgusting religion. I like Muslims - many of my friends are muslims, etc. however, their religion is appalling. It is truly evil.
Lollllll!!!!!
Maybe it's karma for animal torture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending