The Student Room Group

Would indepandance benefit Scotland?

Would Scotland benefit breaking away from the UK?
Reply 1
Some questions need answered first cough cough SNP
(edited 10 years ago)
Independence * Did you have a deep pan pizza last night?. But I think it could potentially in the long term, depends on the policies.
Reply 3
Nope, SNP need to answer questions about international affairs
Reply 4
Scotland for the Scottish

Germany for the Germans

I'm seeing alarming similarities
Reply 5
No.
It would benefit you if you could actually spell.

Scotland would be plunged into the most dire poverty if they did decide to break from the UK. Most Scots are on the dole and rely on handouts to feed their drink and drug addiction (I once read that more Scots shoot heroin daily than have a hot meal, quite shocking really). Does Scotland really want to be run by drug addicts? This is what would happen once all the money England ships to Scotland stops and more and more of their population turns to narcotics to escape their own despair.
I pity the Scots, but they will only have themselves to blame if they choose Independence.
I am so sick of this debate. This is why I don't watch Reporting Scotland any more as its all they ever seem to talk about. THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Glory&Honour
It would benefit you if you could actually spell.

Scotland would be plunged into the most dire poverty if they did decide to break from the UK. Most Scots are on the dole and rely on handouts to feed their drink and drug addiction (I once read that more Scots shoot heroin daily than have a hot meal, quite shocking really). Does Scotland really want to be run by drug addicts? This is what would happen once all the money England ships to Scotland stops and more and more of their population turns to narcotics to escape their own despair.
I pity the Scots, but they will only have themselves to blame if they choose Independence.

Think you may have hyperbolized just a tad there. I agree that Scotland should not separate, but it's snobbish and ignorant opinions such as your own which contribute to some Scots wanting to part. 'You read somewhere once'. What an utterly offensive, ridiculous and invalid argument.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending