The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Click "Revert to classic mode" on the RHS and it will stay in that mode unless you change it back to the horrid handwritten mode.
Original post by Felix Felicis
I tried to use Wolfram and every result I get looks like some kind of cartoon drawn by a 3 year old :s-smilie:

Awful isn't it? You can click on the right to repair it.
Original post by Noble.
Click "Revert to classic mode" on the RHS and it will stay in that mode unless you change it back to the horrid handwritten mode.

Original post by Mr M
Awful isn't it? You can click on the right to repair it.

Brilliant, thanks very much. It's sickening! :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Lighten up, it's a bit of fun for April Fools...
Original post by Felix Felicis
Brilliant, thanks very much. It's sickening! :s-smilie:

What was that developer thinking? Hopefully it's an April Fool.
Reply 6
Original post by FXX

Fun? What's that? We're mathematicians.
Original post by Mr M
What was that developer thinking? Hopefully it's an April Fool.

I hope so!

Original post by FXX

Meh, maybe I'm a grouch but I was scared there was something wrong with my computer there for a second :lol:
Original post by Noble.
Fun? What's that? We're mathematicians.

F is for friends who do stuff together, u is for you and me...
Original post by FXX

I hail from a time when we were all told Comic Sans had to be used wherever possible as it was "the easiest font for children to read".

((shudders))
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M
I hail from a time when we were all told Comic Sans had to be used wherever possible as it was "the easiest font for children to read".

((shudders))

Nice mentality isn't it? "Don't worry about improving the children's reading skills, just put everything in Comic Sans".
My teacher was moaning about Ofsted the other day. Apparently they said he has to ensure that our handwriting is neat because otherwise he hasn't instilled the philosophy of maths in the class room (this was around a month ago).

Now I just realise that he's fallen for Ofsted's April fool's day joke every year.
Original post by metaltron
My teacher was moaning about Ofsted the other day. Apparently they said he has to ensure that our handwriting is neat because otherwise he hasn't instilled the philosophy of maths in the class room (this was around a month ago).

Now I just realise that he's fallen for Ofsted's April fool's day joke every year.

Senior staff in schools love to tell teachers "Ofsted want THIS!" at every opportunity. It is rarely true.
Original post by Mr M
Senior staff in schools love to tell teachers "Ofsted want THIS!" at every opportunity. It is rarely true.

Still funny though when he storms into our classroom at 9 o'clock in the morning every week moaning.... 'you'll never guess what they've told me this morning'.
Original post by metaltron
Still funny though when he storms into our classroom at 9 o'clock in the morning every week moaning.... 'you'll never guess what they've told me this morning'.

There was a good April Fool on the TES website this morning where someone said Michael Gove is insisting all teachers wear mortar boards and gowns. It succeeded as it is worryingly plausible.
Reply 15
Original post by Mr M
There was a good April Fool on the TES website this morning where someone said Michael Gove is insisting all teachers wear mortar boards and gowns. It succeeded as it is worryingly plausible.

Haha, as if he could come up with an idea that good.
Original post by Noble.
Nice mentality isn't it? "Don't worry about improving the children's reading skills, just put everything in Comic Sans".

I don't understand your point. Explain?

If I put Paradise Lost in Comic Sans, a child would still struggle to understand and interpret it.
Original post by ThatPerson

If I put Paradise Lost in Comic Sans, a child would still struggle to understand and interpret it.

Oh dear.
Reply 18
Original post by ThatPerson

:rofl:

I'm not so sure, the government should fund research into this. Give children Shakespeare and 50 Shades of Grey printed in comic sans and see if it makes more sense to them.
Original post by Noble.
:rofl:

I'm not so sure, the government should fund research into this. Give children Shakespeare and 50 Shades of Grey printed in comic sans and see if it makes more sense to them.

The rubbish research is already with us. And my students tell me 50 Shades is far too tame for their tastes.

Latest