The Student Room Group

Meeting new people in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do you live near the Docklands too? :smile: I've never seen the Docklands seal, I'll have to keep an eye out! Maybe a group of us should go out seal spotting haha!

I live just outside of London. My commute into work is about 40 minutes so not too bad.

Seal spotting is an idea. I went with a few colleagues to look for the seal and just ended up in a pub instead.
Reply 21
These people organise strolls though London parks and the like on weekday evenings, they also have social events.
http://www.metropolitan-walkers.org.uk/

Have you thought about going to an evening class in something that interests you?
I'm a girl, I'm 23 years old :smile:. How about you?

I am also a girl and 21, turning 22 soon. Did you go to uni?
Reply 23
Original post by queen-bee
Uhuh!you could say that,but it's the same anywhere else.I don't mind meeting new people though.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 23 :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by flatmatesneeded12
I am also a girl and 21, turning 22 soon. Did you go to uni?

Yes, I went to uni in Bristol but now I find myself working in marketing in London. I've only been here since January though so plenty of things still to discover.
Reply 25
Original post by InnerTemple
I live just outside of London. My commute into work is about 40 minutes so not too bad.

Seal spotting is an idea. I went with a few colleagues to look for the seal and just ended up in a pub instead.

That's not too bad at all. I usually leave 40 minutes for travel even though the journey is 10 minutes by DLR. I'm a stickler for being early.

I like pubs :smile:.
Reply 26
Original post by Thomas2
These people organise strolls though London parks and the like on weekday evenings, they also have social events.
http://www.metropolitan-walkers.org.uk/

Have you thought about going to an evening class in something that interests you?

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look. I just joined a website for London meet ups and there were a few walks on there as well.

I have, just today I've been researching it but there are so many things I'd love to do, I'll have to take some time to decide which ones exactly to do, as some of the courses are quite expensive!
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 23 :smile:

I am a 21 year old female,in my final year of biomedical science at king's.I'm located in Knightsbridge/s.Kensington.
That's not too bad at all. I usually leave 40 minutes for travel even though the journey is 10 minutes by DLR. I'm a stickler for being early.

I like pubs :smile:.

Yeah, if I were you I'd probably end up having a lay in and leaving for work later!

Well I am always happy to meet new people so feel free to PM if you want. In any event - good luck with the job etc!
Reply 29
I am a 21 year old female,in my final year of biomedical science at king's.I'm located in Knightsbridge/s.Kensington.

Wow are you enjoying it. It sounds really difficult. I did Politics haha :tongue:.
Wow are you enjoying it. It sounds really difficult. I did Politics haha :tongue:.

I like it although it has gotten really difficult!I still enjoy it.so what do you do atm?
Yes, I went to uni in Bristol but now I find myself working in marketing in London. I've only been here since January though so plenty of things still to discover.

That's cool :smile: I went to uni here but everyone has left now and my course was really small. Kind of wasted my time at uni tbh and really regret it. I am starting an evening class soon so hopefully I'll meet some people. I went to an evening class last summer and made some really good friends but they were all international and left after a few months! :frown:

I would come along if there was a group of tsr people in a similar position meeting up. London is so isolating sometimes, it seems like everyone already has their little cliques and I'm not really sure where I fit in
Reply 32
I like it although it has gotten really difficult!I still enjoy it.so what do you do atm?

I could imagine! At least it's challenging though. I love to be always learning as I feel I'm progressing more if I am.

I currently work in Insurance, but I got an internal position so in two weeks time I'll be their marketing assistant :smile:. I'm so excited to start!
Reply 33
Original post by flatmatesneeded12
That's cool :smile: I went to uni here but everyone has left now and my course was really small. Kind of wasted my time at uni tbh and really regret it. I am starting an evening class soon so hopefully I'll meet some people. I went to an evening class last summer and made some really good friends but they were all international and left after a few months! :frown:

I would come along if there was a group of tsr people in a similar position meeting up. London is so isolating sometimes, it seems like everyone already has their little cliques and I'm not really sure where I fit in

Oh no! At least you can say that you have a degree though. My degree isn't relevant to the job I do but because I have it I've been considered for positions I wouldn't have otherwise been considered for. That's the way I look at it, anyway :smile:.

What evening class are you starting? I was hoping to do some kind of cooking one. I'm sorry that the friends you made were all international, that's frustrating! I'm in London for the long haul, but my housemates are all only here for a few months.

Definitely. We should hold some sort of TSR meet up! I'd really like that :smile:.
I could imagine! At least it's challenging though. I love to be always learning as I feel I'm progressing more if I am.

I currently work in Insurance, but I got an internal position so in two weeks time I'll be their marketing assistant :smile:. I'm so excited to start!

Good luck girl!tell me how it goes..so what else do you like doing?
Reply 35
Good luck girl!tell me how it goes..so what else do you like doing?

Thank you :smile:. I like the usual really, as well as photography, web design, mooching around London, baking etc! At the moment I'm still trying to find ways to expand my interests, I'm hoping to join a few after work classes but I need to do some more research on that. How about yourself?
Reply 36
Thanks, I'll definitely take a look. I just joined a website for London meet ups and there were a few walks on there as well.

I have, just today I've been researching it but there are so many things I'd love to do, I'll have to take some time to decide which ones exactly to do, as some of the courses are quite expensive!

Yeah, they can be. City Lit are sometimes a bit cheaper. It depends what you're into.
Have you considered Facebook, as a way of interaction?
Try your neighbours! :tongue:

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.
Reply 39
Original post by Thomas2
Yeah, they can be. City Lit are sometimes a bit cheaper. It depends what you're into.

I'll check out City Lit now, thank you :smile:. Definitely interested in their photoshop courses :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending