The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Dalek1099

On another note, great first episode and

Spoiler

You stole my theory! :tongue:
Original post by Dalek1099
On another note, great first episode and

Spoiler

Spoiler

Great theory though. =)
Original post by Rascacielos
I agree.... And not because of the unrequited love thing either. I liked her character. I don't think she was/is a bad actress - I'm not saying she's a brilliant one but I don't recall ever watching a scene and cringing at the acting. So as far as her acting goes, I was happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good! Someone else who actually does like her. I don't know, it seems to me most people really dislike her and I don't see why she's any less good than the others.
Is it because she came after Rose so people automatically took a dislike to her because she wasn't the same? (And yet, most whovians castigate you if you say you don't like Matt Smith that much because he's just not David Tennant)
In all honesty, I don't think there's ever been a bad companion
Original post by fluteflute

Spoiler

I don't think so…. that will be the end of doctor who and they won't cancel it now - not when it's more popular than it's ever been
Original post by ChocolateMelody
I don't think so…. that will be the end of doctor who and they won't cancel it now - not when it's more popular than it's ever been

Spoiler

Reply 205
I only just got back into watching Dr who because I stopped watching when Russle T Davis left the show back in 2010. I loved Saturday's episode and I am wondering do I need to catch up to know what is going on with his new companion?
Reply 206
Original post by Enies
I only just got back into watching Dr who because I stopped watching when Russle T Davis left the show back in 2010. I loved Saturday's episode and I am wondering do I need to catch up to know what is going on with his new companion?

All you need to watch in regards to Clara is Asylum of the Daleks (Series 7 Episode 1) and The Snowmen (2012 Christmas Special)
Original post by Enies

There are only 2 episodes she has been in I would recommend watching to see her past and future self.

The Asylum of the Daleks
The last Christmas special.

Those are the only episodes she has been in. :smile:
Reply 208
We probably shouldn't say "self" given that it's not the same entity, just a genetic reincarnation (unless she;s a clone).

Here's a wild theory.. What if somehow there's a bit of Timelord DNA going.
Reply 209
Original post by Scienceisgood
There are only 2 episodes she has been in I would recommend watching to see her past and future self.

The Asylum of the Daleks
The last Christmas special.

Those are the only episodes she has been in. :smile:

Ahh, but I would prefer to try watch other episodes as it will explains why is the Doctor is the Doctor we see today - the development of his character through the episodes...:smile:
Original post by redmoonrabbit
Oh good! Someone else who actually does like her. I don't know, it seems to me most people really dislike her and I don't see why she's any less good than the others.
Is it because she came after Rose so people automatically took a dislike to her because she wasn't the same? (And yet, most whovians castigate you if you say you don't like Matt Smith that much because he's just not David Tennant)
In all honesty, I don't think there's ever been a bad companion

I agree. I am guilty of saying at the beginning of each new companionship/doctor something along the lines of "well, (s)he will never be as good as the previous one" and then a few weeks later really liking them. The companions were all very different and of course people relate to certain ones more than others, but at the end of the day, I think they were all damned good. I actually prefer Martha and Donna over Rose, who drove me slightly nuts!
Original post by Rascacielos
I agree. I am guilty of saying at the beginning of each new companionship/doctor something along the lines of "well, (s)he will never be as good as the previous one" and then a few weeks later really liking them. The companions were all very different and of course people relate to certain ones more than others, but at the end of the day, I think they were all damned good. I actually prefer Martha and Donna over Rose, who drove me slightly nuts!

Ah yes but if you can admit to that fault then it's not so bad!
I'm not sure about Rose, to be honest. Sometimes she's good, especially at the end of S1/start of S2, but then it kind of tailed off, and when she came because for the special at the end of S4 I thought it was awful. I don't know how she'll do in the 50th anniversary. Donna annoyed me at first, but then looking back I think she was a really good companion, and a good sass-match for ten.
Help... what do I do?

(edited 10 years ago)
I hated rose, liked Martha and loved Donna. Didn't like pond but liked her storyline and loved Rory. River is good and I think Clara may be the best yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Original post by Mafer
Ahh, but I would prefer to try watch other episodes as it will explains why is the Doctor is the Doctor we see today - the development of his character through the episodes...:smile:

Just watch Season 5 onward then.
Original post by timmy-scott
Help... what do I do?

Its ok, you are safe as long as you don't click on it!
Original post by rmhumphries

Hahhaa!! :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Where am I?
Original post by timmy-scott
Where am I?

Nah you're defs safe unless you somehow guessed the password to it too...

It's alright. Just make sure you don't use a webcam and keep an EMP burst handy at all times. :smile:

Oh, and know a lot about computers and twitter.

Quick Reply

Latest