The Student Room Group

mexican drug cartel butcher 3 men and 2 women, boils them in acid and film it.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by ThinkB4Uwrite
so Mahatma Gandhi (respect where its due) says something general at that and we are suppose to rehabilitate people with innocent blood on their hands? waste more money to keep them in cages where that money could have been used by the needy?
i mean how do you rehabilitate someone that chops throats and uses axes to hack limbs off of innocent beings?
need i say more.

I wasn't linking the quote to what I said, however I'll answer your question.

If the person is considered a danger, then yes, lock them up for as long as needs be. To kill them in cold blood is barbaric, modern societies (I'm aware parts of America still have the death penalty) should not even consider this as an appropriate course of action. How can killing someone be considered a reasonable punishment?
Reply 121
Original post by pjm600
That's awful, and he should be punished to the full extent of the law, however, I believe the death penalty is incompatible with modern ethics, and so should not be considered.

Cry me a river

I dont think the mexican government gives two ***** about moral and ethics. They sent their military into to fight a war against these monsters (which involves a whole lot of killing people with guns)

What is the difference between the mexican military pumping a sicario full of lead and capital punishment via the justice system (there probably isnt one).

Prisons are ruled by the cartels. There have been many successful jail breaks also so any high ranking members would be back on the streets soon.

When the drug lord el chapo was in prison it was like another home for him. He had parties, booze, drugs, TVs, anything he wanted he could get.

He even raped several female prison guards......

Then he "escaped" and gained control ot the sinaloa cartel and is arguably responsible for alot of this mess.

I (and im sure many in mexico, espcially the civilian vigiliantes) dont give a damn about modern ethics, this isnt about deterrence, its about making sure people like el chapo arent able to continue causing chaos. You think they are powerless just because they are in prison? The mexican mafia in the US is notorious for ordering executions of people outside the prison from within the prison walls.

But yeah blah blah blah ethics, human rights, lets all hug trees and drink organic coffee
Reply 122
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Cry me a river

I dont think the mexican government gives two ***** about moral and ethics. They sent their military into to fight a war against these monsters (which involves a whole lot of killing people with guns)

What is the difference between the mexican military pumping a sicario full of lead and capital punishment via the justice system (there probably isnt one).

Prisons are ruled by the cartels. There have been many successful jail breaks also so any high ranking members would be back on the streets soon.

When the drug lord el chapo was in prison it was like another home for him. He had parties, booze, drugs, TVs, anything he wanted he could get.

He even raped several female prison guards......

Then he "escaped" and gained control ot the sinaloa cartel and is arguably responsible for alot of this mess.

I (and im sure many in mexico, espcially the civilian vigiliantes) dont give a damn about modern ethics, this isnt about deterrence, its about making sure people like el chapo arent able to continue causing chaos. You think they are powerless just because they are in prison? The mexican mafia in the US is notorious for ordering executions of people outside the prison from within the prison walls.

But yeah blah blah blah ethics, human rights, lets all hug trees and drink organic coffee

Sending the military after drug lords is different from capturing then publicly executing them. A proper military would, if at all possible, aim to capture rather than kill an unarmed target. Capital punishment in the justice system allows for the killing of unarmed criminals as retribution.

Mexico obviously needs to sort out it's prison system. How they should do this, I do not know.

Public executions are a method of casting fear into the population, which is why they're used by the cartels. This isn't the role of the government.

I'm not crying human rights, I'm calling for basic ethics. Capital punishment, especially public executions, belongs in the middle ages; not the 21st century.
Original post by pjm600
I wasn't linking the quote to what I said, however I'll answer your question.

If the person is considered a danger, then yes, lock them up for as long as needs be. To kill them in cold blood is barbaric, modern societies (I'm aware parts of America still have the death penalty) should not even consider this as an appropriate course of action. How can killing someone be considered a reasonable punishment?

What need can there be for them to be kept well fed and clothed for so long, when their victims are lying in cold graves?
in my opinion the act of trying to rehabilitate barbaric monsters is barbaric itself.
Reply 124
Original post by pjm600
Sending the military after drug lords is different from capturing then publicly executing them. A proper military would, if at all possible, aim to capture rather than kill an unarmed target. Capital punishment in the justice system allows for the killing of unarmed criminals as retribution.

Mexico obviously needs to sort out it's prison system. How they should do this, I do not know.

Public executions are a method of casting fear into the population, which is why they're used by the cartels. This isn't the role of the government.

I'm not crying human rights, I'm calling for basic ethics. Capital punishment, especially public executions, belongs in the middle ages; not the 21st century.

Public executions? I didnt say anything about public executions.

The mexican military is a proper military. And soldiers with guns are trained to kill. They are not the police.

What do you think of this guy http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/07/mexican-psychopath.html

you think he deserves to live? Nearly one thousand people no longer exist because of this man, yet he should be alowed to continue living? Yeah the public should pay thousands so this man can live.

Bullet to the back of the head, job done, all sorted, and plus he doesnt pose anymore of a risk.
if Mexico had any sense they should request that the US send in troops to help the Mexican army and then completley wipe out these Drug Gangs and take no prisoners just kill them, the problem is too big and the system is too corrupt for them to fix any other way than killing them all. The bleeding heart liberals who have no idea what they are talking about will complain but who cares these people don't deserve to live.
Original post by Shabalala
if Mexico had any sense they should request that the US send in troops to help the Mexican army and then completley wipe out these Drug Gangs and take no prisoners just kill them, the problem is too big and the system is too corrupt for them to fix any other way than killing them all. The bleeding heart liberals who have no idea what they are talking about will complain but who cares these people don't deserve to live.

Yep and the Americans are 100% accurate Cough Vietnam, Cough Afghanistan, Cough Iraq. I know you are emotional but come on, dont let anger over come common sense cough 9/11.
Reply 127
Original post by ThinkB4Uwrite
What need can there be for them to be kept well fed and clothed for so long, when their victims are lying in cold graves?
in my opinion the act of trying to rehabilitate barbaric monsters is barbaric itself.

I disagree..........the victims arent in cold graves, they were cooked in boiling acid.

And plus its the taxpayers who are gonna have to pay for these monsters to be fed in prison. Wow what a world we live in, you can dice people up with axes, kill as many as you want,and if you get caught? Nevermind! You can still get fed and a bed to sleep on (cant say the same about the victims though, oh and the taxpayers will be paying for it).
I disagree..........the victims arent in cold graves, they were cooked in boiling acid.

And plus its the taxpayers who are gonna have to pay for these monsters to be fed in prison. Wow what a world we live in, you can dice people up with axes, kill as many as you want,and if you get caught? Nevermind! You can still get fed and a bed to sleep on (cant say the same about the victims though, oh and the taxpayers will be paying for it).

Out of interest, if you know, what is the general feeling among Mexicans when it comes to giving these guys the death penalty?
Reply 129
Original post by Bill_Gates
I'd say the US is most likely funding it and supplying the drugs into the US.This is just my opinion with no factual evidence whatsoever. But i do agree with his comments but having known people who were hooked on A class drugs alot of them turned to violent crime and if they had the weapons and the right people around them they could potentially undertake stuff of this nature.

Alot of the sicarios which make up the death squads for the cartels are mainly made up of teenagers, who are easily manipulated.

One of the most infamous was only 12 years old.

And suprisingly I dont think any of these guys were on drugs when this happened. I read once were a drug lord pulled the teeth out of the mouth of one of his own men for taking drugs during an execution. Why? I honestly dont know. These guys are sick in the head.
Original post by pjm600
No. I'm saying that, in a society with modern ethical standards, capital punishment has no place.

What is the purpose in the death penalty, if it is not retribution? Deterrent? Rehabilitation?

The purpose is to stop the individual committing another brutal murder again..simple
Reply 131
Original post by TheMagicRat
Out of interest, if you know, what is the general feeling among Mexicans when it comes to giving these guys the death penalty?

Mexican civilians have begun forming vigilante squads and begun fighting and killing drug cartel members.

There was a guy on this forum who is a student from mexico and he supports the death penalty for the drug cartels. Same with most people over at the borderland beat forum.

The drug lords would rather die than be captured. One drug lord is famous for fighting til the end. These guys would prefer to go out in a hail of bullets, so there really isnt many options left, I'd like to see someone try and capture Z40 and see what happens.
Mexican civilians have begun forming vigilante squads and begun fighting and killing drug cartel members.

There was a guy on this forum who is a student from mexico and he supports the death penalty for the drug cartels. Same with most people over at the borderland beat forum.

The drug lords would rather die than be captured. One drug lord is famous for fighting til the end. These guys would prefer to go out in a hail of bullets, so there really isnt many options left, I'd like to see someone try and capture Z40 and see what happens.

I just had a search on the internet and I found that in 2009 70% supported the death penalty and that was only a few years into the "Mexican Drug War".

Interestingly, the death penalty was only abolished in 2005. That's quite recent. I think the problem is that once a country abolishes something like the death penalty it won't come back. Abolishing it is generally seen, by the western world at least, as the sign of a progressive society and a country is unlikely to go 'backwards' and show themselves to be regressive. You'll also have to contend with all the human rights groups who'll oppose such a move.

I don't know what to think, to be honest, because I'm against the death penalty but I have no right to tell the Mexicans how their country should be run and if the majority want it brought back then perhaps it should be.

Original post by Shabalala

You two are right. Just kill these bastards. All of the "ethical" arguments are just bull**** and it'll just lead to further crimes. Shooting them dead is the only option.

There is no other solution.
Reply 134
Original post by im so academic
You two are right. Just kill these bastards. All of the "ethical" arguments are just bull**** and it'll just lead to further crimes. Shooting them dead is the only option.

There is no other solution.

In the case ramon arellano felix, heriberto lazcano, and beltran leyva, they would rather die in a gun fight than get captured (one of their henchmen even commited suicide instead of getting captured).

So I say give them what they want.
(edited 11 years ago)
If it's so barbaric, then just organise successful raids - the majority of these mobsters will kill themselves to evade capture.
...the victims are butchered completely with axes... we can see the bodies being thrown in to boiling barrels of acid.

The link has been removed for anybody that wants to view it due to nudity (i also hope mainly because of the butchering with axes)

Wait. So you provided the link, but then decided to take it down because of the nudity?!

I really hope it's not a case of 'nudity' (possibly) unacceptable 'brutal murder' acceptable but rather (the still worrying) 'brutal murder' acceptable 'brutal murder and nudity' unacceptable.
(edited 11 years ago)
In the case ramon arellano felix, heriberto lazcano, and beltran leyva, they would rather die in a gun fight than get captured (one of their henchmen even commited suicide instead of getting captured).

So I say give them what they want.

Yep, and even if they do get captured, what are you going to do? Keep them in prison? What a waste of money when they're only going to escape (yes, this is certain). Oh look, they're back to committing crime again. :rolleyes:
Reply 138
Original post by Manslaw
Wait. So you provided the link, but then decided to take it down because of the nudity?!

I really hope it's not a case of 'nudity' (possibly) unacceptable 'brutal murder' acceptable but rather (the still worrying) 'brutal murder' acceptable 'brutal murder and nudity' unacceptable.

I didnt remove the link, the mods. Its appears it was only because of the nudity
I didnt remove the link, the mods. Its appears it was only because of the nudity

Well the mods need to re-evaluate the reason they gave for why they removed the link. I can't imagine that the person who removed the link did so because of the nudity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending