The Student Room Group

Guys name 5 things you look for in a girl

Just because a lot of girls commented on this thread, I thought I'd make one for guys to answer.
So... what do you look for in a girl? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) Personality - Frigid and negative people are not desirable. Personally I like people who are (publicly) somewhat reserved but still friendly and approachable.
2) Smart- A sharp mind is always a good thing.
3) Looks - A girl should look presentable and imo have a "natural" look without fake nails, fake hair color, fake contacts, fake tan, excessive make-up etc.
4) Fun- Nobody wants to be around a killjoy. A girl should be fun to be around and not take things too seriously.
5) Confidence - Somebody who can stand up for themselves in the face of criticism earns my respect.

Tbh I've never even been in a relationship though and I'm 24 and the only girls I've asked out flat out said "No!", so perhaps my standards are too high or I'm just some hideous spawn.
Original post by MantaRey
1) Personality - Frigid and negative people are not desirable. Personally I like people who are (publicly) somewhat reserved but still friendly and approachable.
3) Looks - A girl should look presentable and imo have a "natural" look without fake nails, fake hair color, fake contacts, fake tan, excessive make-up etc.
4) Fun- Nobody wants to be around a killjoy. A girl should be fun to be around and not take things too seriously.
5) Confidence - Somebody who can stand up for themselves in the face of criticism earns my respect.

Tbh I've never even been in a relationship though and I'm 24 and the only girls I've asked out flat out said "No!", so perhaps my standards are too high or I'm just some hideous spawn.

I don't think your standards are too high. :smile: Some girls can be absolute bitches though and they can be really superficial.

Those standards aren't too high at all. I would describe myself, and many other people I know, as those things. They're pretty basic traits I would think!

EDIT: Perhaps I'm wrong, it seems there are more frigid, fake and thick girls disagreeing with me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Two breasts, a mouth, a bum, and a vagina.
Reply 5
1- Free spirit
2- Hair style
3- Intellect
4- tan
5- bum :smile:
Reply 6
1) Great smile (smiles that don't show gums)
2) Great hair (fuzzy, unkempt hair is a massive turn-off)
3) Fun personality (If she speaks in a monotone voice, I'm out)
4) Nerdish girls (real nerds like wears glasses, cardigans, gaming hobbies is a plus)
5) A spankable butt (because I'm an arse guy)

Not much really lol
Reply 7
Head, arms, legs, hands and feet.
Reply 8
1. Thoughtfulness
2. Kindness/compassion
3. Modesty
4. Intelligence/depth
5. Passion
must prefer pokemon over both digimon and yu-gi-oh

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830i
Reply 10
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Just because a lot of girls commented on this thread, I thought I'd make one for guys to answer.

hmm...

1) Personality - I don't like it when girls play hard to get, it just frustrates me. Personally, I like girls who make an effort to hold a conversation more than others as well :smile:
2) Sense of humour - if you knew me, you'd understand how important this is...
3) Friends - "to truly know the character of a person, look at the character of their friends"... so I won't go out with someone with slutty friends :L
4) Past - I know it sounds bad, but I get turned off someone if they've been around a lot.. I prefer it if they haven't gone further than kissing really, but this wouldn't be a deal breaker
5) Appearance - To a degree. I'll be honest, if she looks like she hasn't had a shower in ages, I'll probably be repulsed. But beauty comes from within, hence I wouldn't judge someone on their attractiveness... Really, I should have called this hygiene!

PS I could fall in love with someone by seeing their hair, I have no idea why but I actually love girls with amazing hair XD

I don't think your standards are too high. :smile: Some girls can be absolute bitches though and they can be really superficial.

I love how you just inadvertently called him a hideous spawn.
Reply 12
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
must prefer pokemon over both digimon and yu-gi-oh

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830i

I must say, I want to steal that hat.
1.) Banter-Has to be able to give and take,this is very crucial otherwise just simply being 'nice' makes for a boring conversation and relationship
2&3.)looks and personality;without sounding shallow you can't have one without the other
4.) A good sense of humour-someone who has similar sense of humour as you
5.) Someone who doesn't put themselves out there too much,there has to be a challenge involved
1) Intellect - They need to be someone that I can hold an intellectually stimulating conversation with.
2) Aspirations - I quite like people that have goals in life.
3) Similar sense of humour to me - Ability to grasp dry humour and wit is a must. (And they have to be able to take being teased. I can be quite the wind-up-merchant at times!)
4) Reserved - I'm quite an introverted person and find extroverts to be quite a turnoff at times.
5) Looks - This is entirely subjective. I'm not a fan of the stick woman plastered in makeup look.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
High midi-chlorian count.
A girl who's body contains active mitochondria during sexy-times. :sexface:
Reply 17

1.) She has to make me laugh and have a good sense of humour.
2.) She has to be comfortable around me and tell me all kinds of things, even if their weird or embarrassing.
3.) She cant be dominating (personality wise :biggrin:) or be ruthless or beyond reason. 50/50 is what makes it work.
4.) Have a plain jane or classic beauty kinda look. Girls whoever told you going out looking like the girls from geordie shore or towie; bright orange, excessive make-up and mile high hair is a good thing, was probably eyeing up the same guy.
5.) Not be too tall. I usually draw the line at 2" taller as i personally feel embarrassed.

Hope this is the right mentaliy girls look for lol :biggrin:
Original post by manchesterunited15
I love how you just inadvertently called him a hideous spawn.

Oops! I didn't mean to. I don't even know what he looks like so I can't have a judgement. :smile:
Gonna stalk this thread until someone says:

Spoiler

I'm waiting for you boys :cool:

Quick Reply